• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leeds United | 16/4/04

Mark

Established Member
The match is tomorrow and there's no match preview or predictions thread?

Ok, well this is going to be a tough one. Leeds are fighting relegation and recently they've been doing a good job of it. They have players like Alan Smith who'll fight till the end to keep that club in this division. They've also beaten us 2 years in a row at Highbury.

This is a must win game imo, obviously if we dropped points it wouldn't be tragic but I really don't want to see the team relax because we're so far ahead. Lets get the 3 wins as fast we can starting tomorrow.

We've had since Sunday off, while Leeds played on Tuesday I think. So we have a slight advantage there. We, however, have some important players missing in Cole and Freddie. Parlour should return to the bench though. Wiltord will probably start on the right again. I think we will see this team:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Clichy

Wiltord Vieira Gilberto Pires

Bergkamp Henry/Reyes

Bench: 1. Shabaan 2. Reyes/Aliadiere 3. Kanu 4. Edu 5. Keown

Reyes played well against Newcastle, but I think Bergy will start this one as he was rested. Henry has injury problems so it's possible he might not play, in which case Reyes will probably start with Ali on the bench, if Henry plays though, Reyes will be on the bench.

Pires might need to do a bit more tracking back to help Clichy cope with Pennant who will be eager to make a point out there in front of Wenger. I think Clichy will manage well though as he's shown recently.

My prediction is a 3-1 win to the Arsenal. Pires will score first, Smith will equalise for Leeds and then Vieira will put us back in front and Reyes will give us a comfortable 3-1 win.

mood

They won in Highbury in their last 2 visits. They ****ed us over plenty of times in very important moments. So let's hope it does not happen again and take our revenge.

quattro

no reason for us to lose this one. we're at home, we've had more rest and we definitely have more class. its also arguable but i think we have more to play for than they do even if they are fighting to avoid relegation. winning here puts us at a maximum two games to win the league. after all the time the team has had to think about it i dont think losing is part of the plan.

come on you arsenal!

reggiepaul

Ladbrokes give such crap odds. I don't know why I go there. Think I'll use Coral tomorrow as well.

It should be an easy win but these guys are fighting relegation - it won't be easy.

Legend#1

Established Member
It will be a tough fought game but Arsenal will edge ity 3-1 with goals from Reyes, Pires and Bergkamp

Sigun

Its an interesting game, being this fixture last season was the last time arsenal lost in the leauge (dosent that mean if we avoid defeat 2morro we will have already gone a season undeafeted?) :idea: :lol:

nah, hopefully we shouldent drop too many points 2moro, hope manu/chealsea lose, so we can win the Championship at "The Drain"

my team would be

Jens

Lauran -- Sol -- Toure -- Clichy

Wiltord -- Skip -- Edu -- Pires

Iceman -- Henry

Reyes to come on in 65mins and score

DOls

Re: Arsenal v Leeds

Mark said:
Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Clichy

Wiltord Vieira Gilberto Pires

Bergkamp Henry/Reyes

Bench: 1. Shabaan 2. Reyes/Aliadiere 3. Kanu 4. Edu 5. Keown

I agree mostly, but I think Ray Parlour will be back on the right (I hope so) and Stack will be on the bench instead of Shaaban, but we'll see how it goes.
Hope we beat them again at least 4 : 1, but I would rather kept clean sheet and kick the **** out of them.

thegame24

Established Member
It might end up being a hard match, however, i expect the crowd will be up for it, and the players too.

I reckon

Arsenal 6 - 2 Leeds

If wiltord plays i gotta feeling he'll score.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Good job on the preview Mark :)

the leeds game will be tough as they are fighting for PL survival.

Good luck to our boys :)

Soler

Established Member
Time for some revenge. :twisted:. Leeds have been asking for a spanking at Highbury for some time now, and this is a perfect time to send them down into oblivion.

Arsenal 4 - 0 Leeds
Henry [2]
Toure
Vieira

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Time for some revenge. :twisted:. Leeds have been asking for a spanking at Highbury for some time now, and this is a perfect time to send them down into oblivion.

Arsenal 4 - 0 Leeds
Henry [2]
Toure
Vieira

Yes revenge is in order. They stopped us from getting the title now we will send them down into div 1.

Lauren to score i dont think he has this season.

Soler

Established Member
Yeah, he's the only one of our "first eleven" who hasn't scored yet, well, Lehmann too but he's a 'keeper.

Andrew

This won't be easy for sure. I can perhaps see another 2-1 win as we seem to get so many of them this season.

It's good that most of our players should have had a good rest by now. I would go for:

Lehmann
Lauren - Toure - Campbell - Cole
Wiltord - Vieira - Gilberto - Pires
Reyes - Henry

I would choose Gilberto ahead of Edu so that Wiltord can get forward more and when he does Gilberto can cover for him. I would also pick Reyes ahead of Bergkamp because I really don't think Leeds have the quality and pace at the back to deal with an attacker like him.

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Yeah, he's the only one of our "first eleven" who hasn't scored yet, well, Lehmann too but he's a 'keeper.

You never know he has done it before. Hopefully against Sp**s he scores in the last minute to win us the game.

skart14

Aussie said:
Mad Jens said:

You never know he has done it before. Hopefully against Sp**s he scores in the last minute to win us the game.

Lets hope it doesn't come down to that.. :wink:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom