• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | October 22nd | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Who Would Win In A Fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't usually talk about other team players but Maddison should be start for England the guy dominate our midfield in 1st half

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Who are the feckers leaving?

On the odd ocaasion I go always stay till the end, but I totally get leaving early as a few minutes can make an hours difference at the other end believe it or not.

Best strategy is stay till the end and then make yourself comfy at the nearest pub. TOP TIP: Do not ogle the barmaids at the El Comandante pub round the corner as they are all the Landlords daughters.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Bad things about tonight:

1. Lichtsteiner is not good cover at left-back, reduces attacking options and exposes defence in counters; in my view should have started with a back three.

2. You need a more aggressive player than Mkhitaryan if Özil starts.

3. Leno's disastrous blunder at the corner which almost made it 1-2 has been glossed over. Had it been Cech there would be a chorus of harpies singing "he's finished". Great save in the first-half though

4. Holding's worst performance since he started starting. Could easily have got himself sent off and given away a penalty at 0-0. Had it been 0-1 and Arsenal down to ten in the first-half we wouldn't have won this, probably lost.

Why don't we do the tinkering before the kick-off?

Referee was poor, mostly against us.

Everything else was great, some of the forward play was awesome. Özil did nothing for half an hour and then gradually took them apart. Iwobi was our most consistent player. How do you keep Auba out of a starting XI???

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Btw, not impressed by Maguire at all. Physical yes, decent with the ball at his feet yes. Top quality CB? For me, not at all.

I was hoping Yanited paid the rumoured £70M for him. Would’ve been hilarious. He’s a good CB but nowhere near world class. His tendency to run forward, couple with the fact that he would’ve been partnered by Lindelof/Smalling/Bailly would’ve been glorious to watch.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I know I should just be happy with where we are, but man if we had beat Chelsea like we could have just by converting easy chances we'd be in first place!

Mate, that game seems to bug me more the better we do :lol:.

We missed inexplicable chances. All we had to do was convert one or two of them. Chelski’s fugazy unbeaten run wouldn’t be a thing and the whole “win a big game” argument would be dead and buried.

Can’t wait to play them at The Emirates.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Mate, that game seems to bug me more the better we do :lol:.

We missed inexplicable chances. All we had to do was convert one or two of them. Chelski’s fugazy unbeaten run wouldn’t be a thing and the whole “win a big game” argument would be dead and buried.

Can’t wait to play them at The Emirates.
I suggest you and BOG cheer the **** up. Why must I be the only content one?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Does anyone notice the difference in enthusiasm after any goal compared to Emery & Wenger last year? Wenger was always just sitting down & talking quietly after a lot of goals, occasionally a fist pump but not much else. Emery in the other hand is so enthused & jumps up & down with joy, absolutely goes off haha. Then he encourages his players even more it seems, probably tells them don't stop its not game over. Thats what we need, he's the guy we needed it seems.

Fallout

the match could have easily gone a different way in the first half. we need a better tactical balance to start, when opponents are still energized and able to force mistakes.

i do like our overall performance in this match. especially Özil, who needs to stay central from now on.

Dj_sds -

the match could have easily gone a different way in the first half. we need a better tactical balance to start, when opponents are still energized and able to force mistakes.

i do like our overall performance in this match. especially Özil, who needs to stay central from now on.

I dont think his performance was just down to being central. Cant recall seeing Özil play with this intensity in years, even during his real madrid days. The standing ovations was a nice touch and hopefully he can put in these performances on a regular basis and against the top teams. I didnt think he still had it in him.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If you've ever stood for an hour in the pouring rain walking past Arsenal tube in order to double back you'll know why they leave early.

I catch the bus!

Fair enough. Still, it does seem a small price to pay to watch the Arsenal up close for those of us with no recourse but to watch on the TV.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Also, can someone fill me in on the tactics behind our marking on set pieces? Always seemed as though Bellerin was making Maguire and it was clearly no contest. @Toby Andrl you'll know, you're the smartest here.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Does anyone notice the difference in enthusiasm after any goal compared to Emery & Wenger last year? Wenger was always just sitting down & talking quietly after a lot of goals, occasionally a fist pump but not much else. Emery in the other hand is so enthused & jumps up & down with joy, absolutely goes off haha. Then he encourages his players even more it seems, probably tells them don't stop its not game over. Thats what we need, he's the guy we needed it seems.

Wenger is too classy for his own good, Emery knows what the filth and the animal instincts in this game are all about, without being classless at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom