PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | Tuesday 7th July | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Oxeki, Jul 4, 2020.

?

Match prediction

1. Arsenal win

44 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. Draw

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Leicester win

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Good that Arteta brought up the 4 red cards we have had since he come over. Some of it will be on us, but I am 100% sure much is on the PL refs. We do not get away with anything while teams can kick us to pieces. Look at yesterday's game just as an example with Evans clearly stepping on Laca's heel from behind and on purpose. Ref saw it and didn't even give a yellow.

We have already discussed Vardy, but it is like this game after game after game. Yes, we can always debate individual decisions back and forth, but it is ****ing unreal. And it doesn't help how the press treats this. For example Guardian today: "Mikel Arteta bemoans VAR" or how Martin Keown reacted during the game, just brushing off Vardy's foul as non intentional and says Nketiah’s of course is a clear red.

High time coach and club start complaining more. Look at Leiceister's players yesterday, they bemoaned every single decision by the ref, from throw ins to free kicks etc. In the end they get their decisions.

Taylor Gang Gunners and roz like this.
  2. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Basically a spinning back kick.

field442 likes this.
  3. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Disgraceful. Can he still get banned for this? Not that it’ll happen because anyone can do anything to our players and get away with it. Wish the club would try and do something about it.

Arteta shouldve brought on Pepe as first sub like I’m pretty sure any one of us would have. Would have won the game then.

Never been convinced by Nketiah and this doesnt do him any favours. Silly challenge with the ball nowhere near his foot.

celestis likes this.
  4. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Deliberate or not, he clearly endangered the safety of an opponent

Taneruit likes this.
  5. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

[​IMG]

He could have been blinded ffs. F*cking outrageous.

Trilly, Jury, Mo Britain and 2 others like this.
  6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Will there be no aftermath of Vardy violent attack on Mustafi?

8. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

Geez seeing that I think we've got every right to appeal that & get at least another proper apology.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  9. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

No chance. No one cares when an Arsenal player is on the receiving end.

Trilly, Jury, Ash10 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Still seething about this. Our momentum halted due to diabolical officiating, we've seen this before. Vardy with a roundhouse kick goes unpunished.

Why is it players are allowed to kick the living daylights out of our players and no face consequences? Bissouma at Brighton away, he made like 7 fouls and wasn't booked. Ayew at Palace away, ****ing 7/8 fouls and no booking. I can't remember who it was but I remember a shocking challenge on Pepe away against Sheff Utd, not even sure he was booked.

Not using it as an excuse, but when you look at the number of draws we have, a lot of it is down to shambolic refereeing. Sokratis had a goal disallowed at home to Palace for no ****ing reason. We've been absolutely scummed. **** the FA.

11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Do you remember the games against Waynama and Fellaini when they were allowed to kick us for 80 minutes straight before getting a yellow card by that time at least 3-4 of our players had gotten a yellow card for their first or second foul.

It so long time ago but it is probably that time I started giving this thing a real thought! Something is off here and has been for many years.

Trilly, Ash10 and Taylor Gang Gunners like this.
  12. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

American_Gooner likes this.
  13. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Reads like I didn't miss anything positive :lol:

14. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

This is the post why I joined. I thought I'd try and help.
    VAR is used to check possible red-card incidents for which the on-field referee has awarded a yellow card or no card at all.
    The referee communicates to VAR, explaining what he has seen.
    If VAR doesn't agree with what he has said then they can request the decision is changed.
    The final decision though is still made by the referee.

American_Gooner likes this.
  15. EinmalImmerEwig

As for the Vardy incident, where he quite clearly and quite deliberately gives Mustafi a spinning hook kick, the FA's retrospective disciplinary process will hopefully have to deal with it.
    I hope Arsenal and Arteta have complained to the FA and asked them to investigate this incident.
    That should warrant a long ban. Suarez got 10 games for biting, Cantona got 6 months for his kung-fu attack, I wonder how many matches an English player will get, if any...unless of course they try and attack an official...remember Prutton ( now a Sky Sports commentator - you couldn't make it up ) trying to attack Wiley after the red card for his foul on Robert Pires in 2005- well he got a 10 game ban.

Jury likes this.
  16. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

Arteta needs to come out and call a spade a spade and just eat any ban that might come as a result. He needs to say that the standard of referring for Arsenal players vs their opponents is beyond disproportionate and crooked. Refs are making decisions with the bias of it's ok to kick Arsenal because they're soft while at the same time using that "softness" to justify intent for any challenge we make. He needs to say it and have the discussion become public because it's been happening for years now and the one time.

I wager it's unheard of in the recent history of any top league in the world for two different players in a single season to make +8 fouls against the opponent and not get booked either time.

Zazu, Trilly, Jury and 5 others like this.
  17. EinmalImmerEwig

"At least a proper apology".:lol:

Dear Mr. Mustafi, I'm terribly, terribly sorry for falling awkwardly and accidentally giving you a perfectly delivered spinning hook kick.
    I hope you recover completely and I promise - pinky promise - to try and make sure that this terrible, unforeseen accident won't be repeated.

I remain, your humble servant,
    Jamie Vardy

A "proper" apology requires that spineless little weasle-faced **** to be battered with a baseball bat to within an inch of his miserable life...in my humble opinion.

Aussie_gunner123 likes this.
  18. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

I remember one game where the ref gave some decisions against Liverpool in a game against spuds which resulted in the ref getting demoted to the championship for awhile.

We've been getting robbed for years & nothing changes. We need to bring up the issues over & over as nobody seems to give a crap otherwise.

Every game some ****house midfielder gets away with like 10 fouls without a card against us whereas our players get booked for their first foul. The bias is too obvious now

19. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Mustafi gets a lot of stick but no-one can say physically he isn't a brave lad. If that had been one of the so-called hard-men who spread it about when they play us they'd still be weeping and pointing a finger.

20. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

When Mustafi is so brave, you have to post it thrice!

Jury likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.