• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | November 3rd | KO: 17:30pm GMT|BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If he goes to play the ball, which he did, he was interfering with play though. What is the exact wording of the rule anyhows? Would be interested in knowing.

Is this still the law

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4993924.stm

0DaOgHR_d.jpg

From this year's ref guidelines.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
0DaOgHR_d.jpg

From this year's ref guidelines.
Ok.

Thanks

However, in terms of influencing play I'd say that Mane could definitely be construed to be influencing play because of the position he had taken up which was much very much more central as compared to (A) in the diagram above. At the time I thought it was a good goal but afterwards thought that Mane had most likely interfered with play due to his movement towards the ball.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Yeah. Liverpool also didn't have Van Dijk. If not for him, with that possession domination we would have scored 2-3 easily.

we scored our first in the 83rd minute with some brilliant individual play and topdrawer finish. Both teams were let down by their finishing and midfield passing. It wasnt as assured as it can be.

Preacher

Always Crying
we scored our first in the 83rd minute with some brilliant individual play and topdrawer finish. Both teams were let down by their finishing and midfield passing. It wasnt as assured as it can be.
If you can't see, that Van Dijk lifted Liverpool's defence to a higher level, you are blind as a bat.

He is the main difference maker in their team comparing to the last season. If he'll get injured, they're f***ed.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Ok.

Thanks

However, in terms of influencing play I'd say that Mane could definitely be construed to be influencing play because of the position he had taken up which was much very much more central as compared to (A) in the diagram above. At the time I thought it was a good goal but afterwards thought that Mane had most likely interfered with play due to his movement towards the ball.

Either way, the linesman didn't raise the flag for the initial play, but only upon Mane putting the ball in the net. I just consider it payback for when Ramsey was wrongly called offside on what should have been the game-winner in a 0-0 draw against Liverpool in August 2015.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If you can't see, that Van Dijk lifted Liverpool's defence to a higher level, you are blind as a bat.

He is the main difference maker in their team comparing to the last season. If he'll get injured, they're f***ed.

It's the difference between us challenging for top 4 or the title. VdV in this team would elevate us to another level.

say yes

forum master baiter

Van Dijk is absolutely incredible, probably the best CB in the world, but it's worth remembering that Liverpool have also improved their defence in other ways.

Robertson and Allison are huge upgrades on Moreno and Karius. They're fostering great talents from their academy like like TAA/Gomez. Whether through coaching, persistence or the addition of a competent CB partner: Lovren has rediscovered his form from Southampton.

All in all, they're a side transformed back there. Klopp has done a fantastic job for them.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Van Dijk is absolutely incredible, probably the best CB in the world, but it's worth remembering that Liverpool have also improved their defence in other ways.

Robertson and Allison are huge upgrades on Moreno and Karius. They're fostering great talents from their academy like like TAA/Gomez. Whether through coaching, persistence or the addition of a competent CB partner: Lovren has rediscovered his form from Southampton.

All in all, they're a side transformed back there. Klopp has done a fantastic job for them.

They've also changed to be more defensive this season, no more mindless counter-pressing in ridiculously advanced areas.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Maybe it's just me but I have restored faith in our team and even when we go behind in a match I am confident we will respond. Emery has made me feel proud again.

The boys put in a shift and should all be proud of this game even if we got a draw.

Holding is a future captain for me, the boy is beyond his years.

Torreria is probably my favourite player and I would even go out of my way to say he is the best signing in the PL this year, what a player he has been for us so far.

Keep going boys and make us proud!

PS I may name my kid Unai or Emery one day if I have a boy - the gf loves the name Emery :p

Wryer

I think this is really a game which shone Emery's work over the past 6 months. Never mind the results, it will come.

I'm loving the way the team is responding to his tactical demand and I'm loving how much maturity and control the team is showing. Liverpool were wary and didnt play their usual expansive game. They were clearly hesitant and they know this is a different Arsenal side with much more tactical nous and game management skills. Of course it helps that now we have someone screaming instructions on the side lines.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason

i saw that our finishing was off . if u cant shoot on target, no point. This was a milner-wujnaldum midfield.....there for the taking.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Happy with the draw tbf, we kept the Liverpool attackers quiet if you ask me thats a lot of work!

Also liked the way our midfielders bossed the midfield Xhaka and Torreira were great.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It's the difference between us challenging for top 4 or the title. VdV in this team would elevate us to another level.

I'd have a big stomach ache with it as I am aware of how flukey young players' forms can be, but if Maitland-Niles shows the kind of progress Iwobi has shown and Nelson continuing to impress in the Bundesliga...I'd be tempted to say let's put all of next summer's transfer budget in a replacement for Monreal and going all out for a CB, filling the winger and Ramsey central midfield gap with Nelson, AMN and Guendouzi, with Iwobi and Smith-Rowe able to also fill in.

Basically put all money into LB and CB, adding, if even, a little depth to CM from outside hoping AMN and Guendouzi are up for the task, and hope Iwobi/Nelson pull a Sterling/Sancho on the right wing with Mkhi as a fall back option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom