• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | Wednesday July 15 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Liverpool win

Votes: 35 56.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

...our last win at their ground from 2012...shame Arteta-Diaby-Cazorla didn't get more time in midfield together, bit of everything in there, miss that we used to have these quality midfields...Gerrard was chasing shadows!

Genuinely don’t remember when we last controlled 90 minutes of football away against a top 4 team like that. I see similarities between Diaby and Willock in play style which is why I’m so keen to see him get more game time in the middle. Players like that proactively win possession which is crucial for attacking turnovers.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Genuinely don’t remember when we last controlled 90 minutes of football away against a top 4 team like that. I see similarities between Diaby and Willock in play style which is why I’m so keen to see him get more game time in the middle. Players like that proactively win possession which is crucial for attacking turnovers.
Pogba remins me of his swagger on the ball.

...our last win at their ground from 2012...shame Arteta-Diaby-Cazorla didn't get more time in midfield together, bit of everything in there, miss that we used to have these quality midfields...Gerrard was chasing shadows!
man, his body feints and turns.:D

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This could turn ugly.

That teeth gnasher will have his team fire up for this and will want to join the '100 club's

Salah could easily use our defense to make up lost ground in his hunt for golden boot :facepalm:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Our team is so bland now really, big shame...I miss when our striker could do this...

...no mater what he did back then, he just did it with a style better than any one else in the country.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This could turn ugly.

That teeth gnasher will have his team fire up for this and will want to join the '100 club's

Salah could easily use our defense to make up lost ground in his hunt for golden boot :facepalm:
Really doesn't matter playing without any pressure maybe suit us also we preforming better without fans

AmsterdamGunner

Why couldn’t we go back to a more normal system like 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1? It could ‘t be much worse right? Although the first games in 5-2-3/3-4-3 were alright, i think the teams playing us have figured us out.

I think we struggle in central midfield because we are outplayed there with 2 CM’s against often 3 CM’s. Also we have no protection in midfield for our 3 central defenders. I understand we need 3 central defenders because they are so bad, but then you have no protection from midfield. Maybe 2 central defenders gives more room for protection from the midfield with a midfield 3. Maybe use the defensive central midfielder as a sort of halfback like Bielsa is playing with Leeds or sort of Matic at Manchester United.

With two CM’s we also have too little support for the central attacker who is on his own a lot because with two CM’s you always have to keep one back. Also Pepe struggles because of that i think because he doesn’t have a lot of players around him to link up with. Although Saka did that better at RW in the same conditions.

When we have a back three with Kola in it what’s the use, because he is ****. Tierney has to do the whole left flank on his own, would be nice to have more players there to link up with. A couple of games ago we had that at the left with Tierney and Saka LCM and Auba LW. That worked and shows you need three players there to link up.

Bellerin isn’t good enough. Play AMN there as inverted wing back, like Walker at City. He played there the first couple of games of Arteta and i thought that was almost 0ne of the most promising things in his first games. And he can move to defensive CM when we have the ball in attack for extra passing option or as extra protection for the defence when we lose the ball. Now when we lose the ball our central midfield is open most of the time.

I think we should play players in their strongest positions and try to play a strong system that works. Leeds doesn’t have the best players but they have a strong manager with very strong beliefs of how he wants to play and train, doesn’t matter which players he has or which players play in a game.

This would be the best option:

GK: Martinez
RB: AMN (inverted wingback)
CD: Sokratis and Luiz (don’t build up, just defend, leave the build up to AMN, Xhaka and Tierney)
LB: Tierney (wingback)
DM: Xhaka (halfback, protect the CD and built up)
CM: Cellabos and Willock (can play a bit higher to link up with attacker and wingers, they have protection of the DM and inverted wing back)
RW: Pepe
LW: Saka (he played almost everywhere but just play him in his strongest position)
A: Auba (is the strongest striker we have, just play him there and built our attack around him)

We have some really **** players, but we also have some really good players we want to keep and use in the next couple years. Play them were they are strong and built for the future. Not playing in Europe isn’t that bad for a year, it gives Arteta much more time to train the team and players up in to a strong unit to compete for the next couple of years.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We played well against Sp**s, and Liverpool definitely have lost some intensity, so I don't think it will be the usual hammering.

You just can't back us in a big game with the defenders we have though. Reckon it will be 2-1 Liverpool.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Probably.

And yet I see Saka and Pepe causing major problems for Robertson and TAA if they both start on each flank.

Arteta needs to weave AMN, Willock and to a lesser extent Nelson more and not just in cameo roles in random utility positions.

Just wish he’d try

————-Saka—Auba—-Pepe——-

——Ceballos—Xhaka—-Willock—-

Tierney—Luiz——Mustafi—-Cedric

——————Martinez——————-

We’re continually running out of steam in 2nd halves because we have no legs and can’t get up the pitch.
Best way to get Nelson into this set-up IMO would be to sub him on for one of the midfielders, drop Saka into LCM and put Nelson LW. That IMO is where he's most dangerous as he's able to shoot more from that position. For some reason, Nelson is never as effective a goal threat from the right these days. I feel like the way he's being used is auxiliary - or that may be a function of Nelson just being timid and scared like he has been of late. Frustrating.

There's a couple of ways AMN could be used in this set-up aswell. I feel like if we are going to change the profile of the midfield then having him with one of Willock or Saka aswell would be beneficial in terms of progressing play upfield. I personally think having both Xhaka and Ceballos in the XI together is somewhat redundant - although they have done quite well together of late so I have no real complaints about them starting together at the moment. I'd like us to try Ceballos as a sort of DLP-like #6 with 2 of AMN, Saka & Willock as #8s next to him.

Additionally, I'm warming to the idea of AMN as a sort of inverted RB where he can step infield and create the extra man in the centre. It allows us to get all of Saka, AMN and Willock in the same lineup potentially aswell.

I'm optimistic about Arteta but just like the others, I want him to be more deliberate about changing the profile of the team rather than sticking with experience for experience's sake.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Torreira should start this one, rest Xhaka.. Hoping Willock gets a chance too in a 3 man midfield.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
My lineup would be:

Martinez
Mustafi Holding Tierney
AMN Torreira Willock Saka
Pepe Lacazette Aubameyang

We need speed!

MikeVinna

Established Member
We’re getting smashed. How badly depends on Arteta’s team selection and the way our players show up.

If we play a 2 man midfield we’re getting wrecked by their 3 pressing midfielders no doubt. Could get ugly.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he is going to rotate:

Saka---------Auba--------Nelson

----Willock-------------AMN

---------------Torreira

Tierney-Holding-Mustafi- Soares

Watch them out perform the current team, then all get dropped for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom