• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Man City | 02/04/2017| 16:00 GMT | Sky Sports 1

How will Arsenal let us down on Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

No we were outplayed for most of the game, City could and should of buried us in the first half hour. What game were you watching?
I'll belittle the managers preperation how I see it! We started ****, looked unorganised you make out like Bellerin's mistake was a one off, we've been conceeding goals like that all season! How do you explain the shambles for their 2nd? We couldn't even keep the ball for 2 minutes.
If that was Chelsea we were playing, we would of been hammerd in the first half. Hell, even Sp**s would of humiliated us. Luckily City's defense is as awful as ours.

And how is what I've said disrespectful? It's fact. £100M spent in the summer and we're finishing outside the top4, below Sp**s and Liverpool, when we have the far superior squad. Our midfield is terrible, we're shoehorning players into a formation that doesn't suit them. Xhaka is the best example of that!
Let's just face it. We are poorly coached and managed. We are so disorganised it's unreal.

carlito'sway

Established Member
soem thoughts on yesterday:

Overall I enjoyed the game - end-to-end stuff and we equalised twice- still not good enough but much better

- was glad to see a bit of passion from Wenger and also the team - at least they turned up and who knows it might make them hungry to do better - even Coq showed one or two nice touches in the second half

- Walcott took his goal extremely well, how often do players mess those situations up

- Iwobi should have done much better with his chance - he should have at least made the goalie make a save - Giroud was following up so who knows he may be have had a rebound which even he couldn't miss

- can't understand the Welbeck hate here - he nearly scored early on (prevented by good defending) and was always lively and keeping the defenders busy - not everything he tried came off but my guess is if he can score a goal or two it will come back. Giroud coming on really showed the contrast between a player who's trying to make things happen and a bearded lamppost

- Monreal was mostly superb and he and Alexis really made thing
s happen although tbf Navas isn't a natural RB

- BUT I agree with the comment made somewhere here that we were playing against a team playing fairly openly - the real measure of whether we are improving will be the hammers game on Weds

Just watched the full game for the first time. I think it was a decent performance, taking into accounts our poor form lately. We still have the same flaws in CM, Mustafi is still erratic but overall it was an encouraging performance. If we play with the same desire and tight up our defense, we can beat City at Wembley.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Really odd how neither goal was celebrated. I thought perhaps they expected the first to be given as offside but then it happened again with the second. Divide in the dressing room?

Really strange. Both were celebrated in the manner of consolation goals at the end of a 6-1 drubbing. You have to assume some serious crap is going down behind the scenes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm not even having a go at the English, most of them are alright, like Scousers and Geordies but Londoners are just knobs in general :lol:

Any grown man saying "allow it" unironically deserves a swift kick to the balls.
Allow it fam. You lot are basically the Morrison's of Britain.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Really strange. Both were celebrated in the manner of consolation goals at the end of a 6-1 drubbing. You have to assume some serious crap is going down behind the scenes.
The serious crap is that the pampered little daisies are being rightly rollicked in the press and it looks like their enabler may be replaced by someone who won't accept their pathetic effort or lack thereof.

Hyruga

Just watched the full game for the first time. I think it was a decent performance, taking into accounts our poor form lately. We still have the same flaws in CM, Mustafi is still erratic but overall it was an encouraging performance. If we play with the same desire and tight up our defense, we can beat City at Wembley.
No.

Arsenal was outplayed.

City had better chances, more corners. Their players were off form. If not, city would have easily won. Pretty sure if it was bayern, the match would be close to 5-1 again.

Arsenal should have been the one attacking because arsenal is trailing in the standings and playing at home. Instead, man city had more chances and was still attacking in the final minutes.

carlito'sway

Established Member
No.

Arsenal was outplayed.

City had better chances, more corners. Their players were off form. If not, city would have easily won. Pretty sure if it was bayern, the match would be close to 5-1 again.

Arsenal should have been the one attacking because arsenal is trailing in the standings and playing at home. Instead, man city had more chances and was still attacking in the final minutes.

We may have seen the game differently. Taking into account the poor performances lately, I saw this one as encouraging and something to build on and not a game we deserved to lose by any stretch.
By the way, i would argue that our players are even more off form then theirs.

mm76

Yer Da

Come on it's simple - they just wanted to look businesslike and not overdo it - think about when Giroud overdid it previously and everyone had a go (rightly IMO)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I thought we played with more energy on Sunday. When city scored early I thought we were in for a tonking, but for once, our heads didn't drop and we moved forward.

We played pretty well. The only disappointment is we took our foot off the gas around the 70th minute. City were just as nervy as us, had we shown more intent we would've won.

We also weren't helped by Welbeck up top, barely did anything.

Goonerjm

I still think we should go back to Sanchez as CF.

Of course, he is the best we got for the wing, but that is not a good excuse. He was brilliant in the middle (disregarding the lack of height), giving fast pace, goal, dangerous assists, through balls, and also dropping down deep to create if needed, to reinforce our lacklustre midfield (as in that position he is less drained by regular running). Just remember the first half of the season.

As Guardiola once commented, he used to play Sanchez in the wing only because he was not Messi. Barcelona used really open wingers. And Sanchez talent really seemed to shine when Wegner put him as CF.

I think that for our current available players, we should go back to that winning formula, hopefully, backed with an illuminated Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom