• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester City | 01/02/04

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
If that was a headbutt by Reyes, I'll be up front for Arsenal on Tuesday night. What a load of crap. I don't think anymore action can be taken against Coley as the ref dealt with it by booking him.

esjvpc

True, just read from teamtalk:

"Anelka then grabbed a late consolation for City on 89 with a clinical finish, but after trying to snatch the ball off Ashley Cole, he raised his hands to the England defender's face, and sparked a bust-up which saw Cole booked and Anelka given his marching orders.

Edu seems to have got away with it after pushing Anelka in the face in the melee, and £20m new-boy Jose Antonio Reyes was also lucky not to be punished for a tussle with Tarnat."

wth is Reyes considered lucky not to be punished while not even a single mentioning of tarnat kicking and pushing him on the back.....

that must be more on tomorrow's Sun...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
papers will twist and turn and do their best to make out it was allArsenal fault

Kyla

It's still good to see Reyes give as good as he got. Like the OT incident, sometimes matters have to be taken into your own hands. Reyes is definitely a gooner :). Hope his game flourishes though!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Wasn't the prettiest game but 3 points was the main thing. Parlour had a very good game and his presence is vital in these scrappy games. Reyes looks very promising. I was worried Henry had injured himself after he hit the post but he settled the game with a brilliant strike.

JazzG

Established Member
Good stuff by the Arsenal, I felt we were easily the better side in that game and deserved the 3 points. City came here to defend and try and nick something on the break and credit to them they done well, they sat back so deep we weren't really able to get through but our quality showed at the end.

Now about that incident at the end of the game. I have seen defenders grab the ball like that loads of times. Every week you see that, was Cole gonna run off into the crowd with the ball? It was right at the end of the game and Anelka was obviously gonna go and try and grab it from Cole. What usually happens is the striker grabs the defender and the defender tosses the ball to the side or usually into the net. End of story and we get on with it. Anelka chose to grab Cole by the head and push him down. Edu saw this and jumps in coz Anelka shouldn't of done that, this was pretty silly of him and there was no need for Edu to get involved. Then everyone jumps in to calm things down. The ref should of used abit of common sense here. It was late, the pressure is on both teams and like Niall Quinn was trying to tell that dork Keys it was an Adrenaline rush and things got out of hand. Ref should of bought them together, they both kinda hugged and that was the end of it. But no, the ref has chosen to send him off. For what Anelka did fair enough, he should of looked at the situation and not gone for the easy option. Sky or should I say Richard Keys as usual over-hyping it.

Was fuming at our defending though, we went to sleep and they scored

What a goal by Henry good lord that was brilliant. Smacked it so hard and straight into the top corner, didn't curve or anything, pure power behind that shot.

Now onto Reyes. I thought he did well, got a great cheer on his first touch. He did this brilliant flick onto Pires, that was pure class. Nearly scored as well, the ball hit James in the face and came out lol. Nearly set up a goal for Pires. This iswhat Wenger likes in players, the ability to set up others and score. He has a lot of pace, looks almost as fast as Henry to me and looked right at home in our team, when he came on we suddenly started attacking again. He should of been bought on earlier coz Dennis was quiet today. When he came on he was running around, making good runs everywhere. Looked real lively and maybe if he had played earlier he would of even scored. Looked a class act from what I saw.

LOL at the incident with him and that other guy, Tarnat started pushing him from the back and Reyes squared upto him. He is gonna fit in real good in our side Gonna laugh reading the papers comment on how he should of been sent off for that lol.

The Mini

OneteaminLondon said:
If that was a headbutt by Reyes, I'll be up front for Arsenal on Tuesday night. What a load of crap. I don't think anymore action can be taken against Coley as the ref dealt with it by booking him.

What's your surname, and how much has Wenger offered to buy you off Barry Town?

JazzG

Established Member
Was really classy, someone crossed it in with a lot of pace and he just took the pace off with a lovely flick which landed right in front of Pires.

Mark

Established Member
i like the look of reyes. he looked confident when he came on and didn't let himself get messed around by that idiot city defender (i dont remember who it was) and he played some good passes, had a good chance to score too. i look forward to him hopefully starting against boro on tuesday.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Lauren had his customary dodgy game. Gilberto wasn't much better....thank god for Ray Parlour. Parlour and Campbell were easily our best players.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom