• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 21/01/07

KingReyes

Established Member
Its time we do the double over these ****s, looking forward to see how we do against them.

RVP or Ade? Flamini to take Gilberto's place? Should we drop Cesc for Song? :wink:

Come on the Arsenal!

>YounGunner<

Established Member
I would play this team. I expect a 4-5-1 though.

-----------------Jens-------------------

--Eboue----Sendaros--Kolo----Clichy

--RvP--------Fabregas--Rosicky--Hleb

-------------Adebayor-------Henry---

Expect us to sit back and play on the counter and i just feel Adebayor as a runner would function better with Henry in that role. Adebayor is someone likely to cause their defense more trouble then Henry and Van Persie. Van Persie running on the right is ALWAYS dangerous, he disappears on the left. Hleb can play well on either flank imo.

sabret00the

Established Member
RVP or Adebayor? i'd play both and drop Henry ;)

On a serious note, this is Adebayor's game. let him start and allow van Persie the finish.

dublingunner

Established Member
Man Utd will be relishing the thought of ending our unbeaten run at the Emirates just like they ended our season-long unbeaten run. This will be their greatest weakness imo, they'll be trying to attack and win again. I'm feeling supremely confident right now (probably because we've just beaten Blackburn away with 10 men) and I think we'll show these ****s up. I still maintain their results flatter their squad as a whole, but if they play a midfield consisting of Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo, well yes that is quality I suppose. But we can do it, with or without Gilberto.

My biggest fear is Larsson. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play alongside Rooney, and while Rooney has been pants, I wouldn't put it past Larsson to hurt us like he did last May.

eddie_wills

1-0 Arsenal.

I read on another forum that if we appeal Gilberto's dismissal then he won't be suspended for this game?

nazo

Established Member
eddie_wills said:
1-0 Arsenal.

I read on another forum that if we appeal Gilberto's dismissal then he won't be suspended for this game?

But if the appeal fails, he would be suspended for an extra game. Wenger said he wouldn't appeal anyways. (post match interview)

eddie_wills

bluenaz said:
eddie_wills said:
1-0 Arsenal.

But if the appeal fails, he would be suspended for an extra game. Wenger said he wouldn't appeal anyways. (post match interview)

ok thanks. Flamini it is then.

eddie_wills

bluenaz said:
eddie_wills said:
1-0 Arsenal.

ok thanks. Flamini it is then.

Rohit

Established Member
dublingunner said:
This will be their greatest weakness imo, they'll be trying to attack and win again.

That is exactly what i fear.I don't think we can handle Man Utd's pace and tempo.Fergusson was at Anfield for our F.A Cup tie and although we did score 3 goals on the counter,defensively we looked very nervous when Liverpool took the game to us and played at a high tempo and at present there is no team better than Man Utd. playing that pace and they will certainly create more than Liverpool managed to do.Without Gilberto it will be even more difficult to break up play in midfield.I think Man Utd can cause an upset,i say an upset because although we have drawn a few games at the Emirates,it certainly has become a fortress and we are the form team.

There is no point sitting deep because we aern't too good at it.I hope we take the game to Man Utd. and if we do we stand a very good chance.

Rohit

Established Member
I hope Eboue is back for this one.Hoyte could be eaten alive by either Ronaldo or Giggs.

Alfonso

Established Member
Who do you think is the best left back, Evra or Clichy? Who will be first choice left back for France?

Man Utd have been playing well, but we also have some momentium.

It's going to be a very interesting game, and potentially a great match. I think we have more than enough quality to win. Henry will have a big game i rekon.

He hasnt scored against Man Utd in ages. Back in the day, he always used to score against Utd. But he hasnt for 2 years.

Rohit

Established Member
I think Evra is a very poor defender and hardly offers anything offensively,all in all he is a poor player in my opinion.

dublingunner

Established Member
Rohit said:
dublingunner said:
This will be their greatest weakness imo, they'll be trying to attack and win again.

That is exactly what i fear.I don't think we can handle Man Utd's pace and tempo.Fergusson was at Anfield for our F.A Cup tie and although we did score 3 goals on the counter,defensively we looked very nervous when Liverpool took the game to us and played at a high tempo and at present there is no team better than Man Utd. playing that pace and they will certainly create more than Liverpool managed to do.Without Gilberto it will be even more difficult to break up play in midfield.I think Man Utd can cause an upset,i say an upset because although we have drawn a few games at the Emirates,it certainly has become a fortress and we are the form team.

There is no point sitting deep because we aern't too good at it.I hope we take the game to Man Utd. and if we do we stand a very good chance.

I don't think Man Utd will play at full speed. They're still the away team. But they won't hide or park the bus either, they'll methodically probe, getting men forward but being aware of our counter attacking potential at the same time. Man Utd will want to prove they can win this game by playing better football than us, and imo that's why they will fail. We won't sit deep, we never do.

Top Bottom