• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | Wednesday 1st January | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • United Win

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Arteta was two footed, had immaculate close control and excelled in every technical aspect. In fact, it was only his lack of physicality which stopped him from being an elite player.

Doesn't make him better than Özil in terms of technique though. Özil is able to use his technique in many more ways than Arteta ever was able to. Dribbling, passes, skills, touches between the lines, etc.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I find it very interesting that Arteta played in the same midfield as Özil for 3 years and is now his coach, when Özil was arguably the more talented but worse technical footballer when they played together, especially when you consider Arteta played a similar position to Özil for years at Everton. Very interesting dynamic between these two imo, might be why Özil appears to be listening to Arteta.
:lol:

Manberg

Predator
Doesn't make him better than Özil in terms of technique though. Özil is able to use his technique in many more ways than Arteta ever was able to. Dribbling, passes, skills, touches between the lines, etc.

Hard to compare, both players had/have great technique. I don't know about Everton but for us Arteta played in a much deeper role and his passing accuracy was consistently among the best in the league.

Furious

Hard to compare, both players had/have great technique. I don't know about Everton but for us he played in a much deeper role and his passing accuracy was consistently among the best in the league.

Yes. With largely easy passes, which was his job.

Özil operates in the most difficult area of the pitch with most of the time with the back to the goal and defenders on his back, whom he often makes look silly to say the least.

There's no comparison here. Özil is miles the better player than Arteta ever was, and miles better technically.

Manberg

Predator
Yes. With largely easy passes, which was his job.

Özil operates in the most difficult area of the pitch with most of the time with the back to the goal and defenders on his back, whom he often makes look silly to say the least.

There's no comparison here. Özil is miles the better player than Arteta ever was, and miles better technically.

To me they're similar. Arteta's role was perhaps even more important. He controlled tempo, dictated play, helped the team not get caught on the counter attack etc. Overall a very tactical player.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Agree with passes and touches only. No dribbling or skills from him.

By the way why would people compare them?
It’s like comparing a non skillful Kaka to a less capable Pirlo. They are different type of players.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Agree with passes and touches only. No dribbling or skills from him.

By the way why would people compare them?
It’s like comparing a non skillful Kaka to a less capable Pirlo. They are different type of players.

If you can't compare players who are different in style then you can't talk about football.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Özil has better vision, yes we agree. But I was talking in terms of pure technique, and I said "arguably" because I could see this autism ****storm coming from a mile off.

I stand by my original post

#Markstardidnothingwrong

Furious

To me they're similar. Arteta's role was perhaps even more important. He controlled tempo, dictated play, helped the team not get caught on the counter attack etc. Overall a very tactical player.

He was very important. He didn't do those things effortlessly at an elite level though, especially if he has to be considered on the same level as Özil in terms of technique. Modric for example is up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom