PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle | April 1, 2019 | 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by APierre, Mar 20, 2019.

?

Result

1. Arsenal win

42 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. Draw

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Newcastle win

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APierre

APierre You Wanna Come Out Here?

The comeback is on. I'm still the match thread Don.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle

m-due and Rex Banter like this.
  2. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Just wanna take this moment to pray for the Arsenal Twitter account team who have to somehow provide daily content until f*cking April. They the real MVP’s. Always in our hearts, amen.

3. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Only just realised your username :lol:

Top quality.

APierre likes this.
  4. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Do a Rennes on them. Go out all guns blazing and take the lead, that will take them out of their comfort zone. The longer it stays at 0-0 the more dangerous this match becomes.

albakos, SA Gunner and OSBK like this.
  5. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Newcastle will sit deep, work hard and can hurt us if we dont punish them early.

6. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

No way. They'll go all out

7. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

Benitez is ****e. He celebrates draws like winning the World Cup final.

Rafa Benitez accused of boring tactics (Newcastle)

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/03/rafa-benitez-accused-boring-tactics-reality-newcastle-brighton-statistics-say-something-else-newcastle-united/

After Ancelotti, boring and unpopular Benitez was doomed to failure at Real Madrid (Real Madrid)

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain/2016/01/04/18982492/after-ancelotti-boring-and-unpopular-benitez-was-doomed-to

Chelsea 0 - Fulham 0: Rafa Benitez is at full bore for Chelsea (Chelsea)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/361299/Chelsea-0-Fulham-0-Rafa-Benitez-is-at-full-bore-for-Chelsea/amp

Chelsea swipe at 'boring Benitez' (Liverpool)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-398696/Chelsea-swipe-boring-Benitez.html

Rafael Benitez is lucky and his teams are dull, says Alex Ferguson in new book (All managed teams)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/Sir_Alex_Ferguson/10396067/Rafael-Benitez-is-lucky-and-his-teams-are-dull-says-Alex-Ferguson-in-new-book.html

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    rich 1990, OSBK and ThlRama like this.
  8. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Almiron has made a great start to the PL. He's a big threat

9. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Benitez is **** :lol:

Another difficult match for us as we have to chase the win, and they are likely to sit deep and capitalise on potential counter attacks. This is an area where Emery still appears to be lacking in.

An early goal is definitely key, to open up the game. Start Özil and Ramsey yet again to give us some dynamic ism in the middle, or replace Özil with Miki earlier on with him coming on as a later sub.

Important that we continue the good work we have done over the last month or so, and put pressure on our rivals for top four.

squallman and albakos like this.
  10. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Hmmm... I mean, he had a good debut, and his second game was okay. I wouldn’t say he’s made a great start at all- if anything, he’s faded a bit in recent weeks.

He’s clearly got lots of pace, but I’m still trying to see what the rest of his game is about. He needs time to adapt though.

krengon and OSBK like this.
  11. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Deffo faded away. He is way over hyped anyway, rafa random transfer

12. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

So we're not playing till April ****ing 1? Whats the deal?

13. Elwood

Elwood Member

Yeah like any game since Bendtner lead the line, as far as I can remember (against inferior opponents ofc).

14. remains

remains Well-Known Member

Torreira still banned? We HAVE to win our remaining home games as we will undoubtedly slip up away.

15. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

It’s fairly obvious how Benitez will set up. He’ll try and frustrate and counter. Randon is in good form and we’ll probably catch Perez on one of his good days. We need to move the ball quickly and be clinical.

I’d go;

Leno
    AMN Kos Sok Kola
    Ramsey Xhaka
    Mkhi Özil Iwobi
    Aubameyang

Subs: Cech, Nacho, Mustafi, Elneny, Guendouzi, Suarez, Lacazette.

I’d go attacking in search for a early goal. This could well only be a 1-0. It’s important we don’t let Newcastle settle into the game and frustrate us. Benitez has pulled off some defensive master classes in his time, this can’t be one of them. We have just 3 home games remaining, all are must wins.

With the fixtures coming thick and fast after this game, it makes sense we go back to rotating Laca and Auba. Both are affective from the bench so I’m not overly fussed about either starting up top- I’ve gone with Auba because I want him to stay in the hunt for the golden boot.

16. fransgooner

fransgooner Well-Known Member

Makes absolutely no sense as to why this won't be played on the weekend. Kickoff at 6am on a ****ing Tuesday, just **** off.

17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Where you from?

Makingtrax likes this.
  18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yeah kick off in monday while we got a game against napoli 3 days after its just stupid from fa

19. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Napoli is on April 11.

Makingtrax likes this.
  20. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Emery's luck

Makingtrax and American_Gooner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.