PL: Arsenal vs Norwich City | Wednesday 1st July | KO: 18:00 BST | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Oxeki, Jun 28, 2020.

?

Match prediction

1. Arsenal win

51 vote(s)
    87.9%
  2. Draw

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Norwich City win

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

It’s all a farce anyway. All the players are tested for Covid. It’s just for appearance sake to set an example for the ‘outside world’ to follow.

2. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Three wins in a row. Didn't play pretty but still scored four goals. I'll take it.

3. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

A nice comfortable win that I didn't see coming. Dipped out of the match more than in as the two matches I was glued to were defeats. Watching my recording now is a nice way to end the day :)

Makingtrax likes this.
  4. Eduardo_da_Silva

Eduardo_da_Silva Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can watch full match?

5. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Ah that's unfortunate, the Cedric Soares goal was hilarious to experience live since we never saw it coming.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  6. Make

Make Active Member

We have to improve if we want to win the next matches because today we played more or less well but we are still playing too slow with the ball, we need more creativity with the ball, passing side by side quicker than the last games and improving our football.

The best part of the game was that we took advantage of the mistakes that they made and also I'm so glad for the goal from Cedric and I saw that he can play with both feet and that's good for us

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  7. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

And then we play Wolves.

8. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

9. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Easier win than expected. Decent performances from Ceballos, Tierney, Auba and mention in dispatches for Martinez who had to make two good saves having had nothing to do till then.

Cedric most successful player in our history in goals to minutes.

Emotional day for us to confirm we shall be amongst England's Top 20 teams for one more season.

10. Manberg

Manberg Predator

We’re not in Europe but thanks to European games’ postponement we’re still playing every 3 or 4 days. We got Wolves on Saturday who didn’t play today, cause they not in the FA cup.

11. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Good performance in first half and latter of second. Laca looks distressed out there though. Wish he’d never met that woman :(

Slighlty flattering result. Several of the opposition players should be investigated for links to Far East betting rings, or maybe it was our intense pressing, who knows?

Onwards and upwards...COYG

12. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

As usual the Guardian comes up with a description which makes me smile - tonight's report begins: 'On a balmy night at the Emirates Arsenal eased their way past a Norwich City team that offered all the resistance of a decorative bead curtain.'

13. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I think we have a keeper battle on our hahds

Tourbillion likes this.
  14. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

Good game tonight. For the first time since project restart, we played cohesive, forward thinking football. The defenders showed more confidence when playing the ball from the back.
    Ceballos was excellent.

I've not given up on Bellerin. In the past, he has always turned it up when there's competition. I expect him to do same again.
    Our recruitment in summer will be interesting to see.

15. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

Couldn’t watch live, but obviously super pleased with the result. Cedric to lead the line next season?

16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Not sure I understand any of this.

17. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I mean that Wolves would’ve had Europa League game mixed in and so they wouldn’t have had a whole week off before playing us.

Tourbillion likes this.
  18. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

excellent in the first half. It's not by chance we have scored twice by closing down the keeper.

Ceballos was excellent. We might regret not keeping him. He was everywhere doing everything.

Mitch likes this.
  19. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Fullmatchesandshows.com

James Bond and Eduardo_da_Silva like this.
  20. Sebastes

Sebastes Statbomb Merchant

Awesome to bounce back like this today! Very nice that both Ceballos and Xhaka putting in good performances.

Cedric MOTM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.