• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 23/09/06

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Gunners_Nadz said:
cubbz_th14 said:
Sorry offtopic but this is quite hilarious/ridiculous:
Arsenal striker Theo Walcott's father Don, mother Lynn and older brother Ashley, are all set to appear in the next Harry Potter film - The Order of the Phoenix. Theo himself was scheduled to also star, but had to pull out due to club and England under-21 commitments. (Sunday Times) :lol:

me thinks Walcott prefers the attention he gets playing for the England U-21s. & let's focused on that. wow. Ashley's brother eh? man, it sucks when more cash are flowing in for the likes of him! :shock:

I think you miss read it, or I've miss read what you said.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
NEIL WARNOCK "Anywhere else the Leigertwood goal would have stood," said a disgruntled Warnock.

"It was a great strike and it should have stood. It was disappointing that Hulse was pulled up - Wrighty got one in the head early on and there was no free-kick."

is it me, or is Warnock a complete *****?

"the goal would have stood anywhere else"????? correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt the whistle blow for the foul 3 seconds before he even shot the ball?? how exactly would that have stood anywhere else?

and also correct me if im wrong, the foul he is referring to in terms of "Wrighty" was the bicycle attempt from Gilberto.. sure, he got his foot high, but the ball went nowhere near the goal and out for a goal kick, just about the same location that the free kick would have been given to... what on earth is the difference????? this guy is a douchebag... get a clue, continue managing in the Championship, and leave the real games to the professionals...

Nutsy

Established Member
Jasard said:
Gunners_Nadz said:
cubbz_th14 said:
Sorry offtopic but this is quite hilarious/ridiculous:
Arsenal striker Theo Walcott's father Don, mother Lynn and older brother Ashley, are all set to appear in the next Harry Potter film - The Order of the Phoenix. Theo himself was scheduled to also star, but had to pull out due to club and England under-21 commitments. (Sunday Times) :lol:

me thinks Walcott prefers the attention he gets playing for the England U-21s. & let's focused on that. wow. Ashley's brother eh? man, it sucks when more cash are flowing in for the likes of him! :shock:

I think you miss read it, or I've miss read what you said.

How is it mate? :D

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
descent game.with a packed defense all the huffing and puffing would not have helped much either. Good to seee Eboue getting a cross in..if that part of the game improves for him and we startd having some numbers in the box to anticipate the cross thats another big step forward. A clean ****, two games i a row..i hope it continues like that. Bring on Porto.

Nickáó

USArsenal said:
It's you I'm afraid mate, he's not a *****.................he's about 10 times worse. I'd like to tell you what he truely is but I think the post would get deleted.

yoinkster

Doni said:
Hey.. can u tell me where i can see the three goals from arsenal - sheffield united

same as i always say, ask google/wiki about torrents and then ask google about maxxed {please dont make me have to spell it out any more than that ....}

google knows absolutely everything.

Nutsy

Established Member
The goals by Gallas & Henry was Phenomenal, esp, Henry's not likely the one who use to score a goal by a header, & the OG was just plain careless. - i know the guy was trying to defend, but wow. it was a stupid mistake! :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
USArsenal said:
NEIL WARNOCK "Anywhere else the Leigertwood goal would have stood," said a disgruntled Warnock.

"It was a great strike and it should have stood. It was disappointing that Hulse was pulled up - Wrighty got one in the head early on and there was no free-kick."

"the goal would have stood anywhere else"????? correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt the whistle blow for the foul 3 seconds before he even shot the ball?? how exactly would that have stood anywhere else?

and also correct me if im wrong, the foul he is referring to in terms of "Wrighty" was the bicycle attempt from Gilberto.. sure, he got his foot high, but the ball went nowhere near the goal and out for a goal kick, just about the same location that the free kick would have been given to... what on earth is the difference????? this guy is a douchebag... get a clue, continue managing in the Championship, and leave the real games to the professionals...

Yes the whistle went straight away, but given that Gilberto cut the guy's head open in the other incident and they didn't get a free kick, whereas we did- which cancelled out what looked a great strike- he's got a point.

jester

Established Member
the thing is, the player shouldnt have shot anyway - the whistle went. All that him shooting means is that if he scores people will moan and there'd be something contreversial. If he kicked it a few seconds later he would have got a yellow (lke theo at zagreb)

asajoseph

Established Member
Indeed, it seemed to me like a long time between the whistle going and the ball being struck - I'm not sure whether Leigertwood wouldn't have been closed down (although would defo have to watch a TV replay to know for sure).

Henry IV

Henry scoring with a header? What's that all about? Great result because Sheffield United usually give us a tough game.

sn196

Great game on Saturday but wasnt able to enjoy it as much as others as some STUPID guy behind me pushed me to sit down!!!

I was at the edge of my seat when we were close to goal in the first half and some guy behind me put his hand on my shoulder and pushed me down!!! Saying Sit down!!! I wasnt even standing, my arse was just slightly off the chair as we nearly scored but thats besides the point. I gave him a mouth full and said if he had a problem to speak to me and not touch me!!!

After holding myself from punching the guy i though to myself im paying £xxxx amount of money for a season ticket and i cant even stand up at a football game!!! Since when did you have to stay seated when you close to scoring a goal?? If people in front of me stand then i will have to stand just to see past them....dont know why others are too lazy to get up off their chair if they are being obstrcted from the view.

Anyway ill be standing all game on Tuesday so he better watch it!!!

awooga83

Established Member
Over that shot thing i have seen it plenty of times people shooting after the whistle have gone and quite a few times you see them score crackers from distance its as if the whistle releases some pressure so not sure he would have pulled it off in actual play but its immaterial now, we got a break if you like lets be happy we did, god knows we will spend enough time moaning about the breaks we don't get.

Feis-al

I was very glad with a win and I would have been happy with a 1-0 as long as the hoodu was off us, Now let wait and see how we follow up

Latest posts

Top Bottom