PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Saturday 18th January | KO: 15:00pm

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Jan 14, 2020.

?

Result?

1. Arsenal Win

41 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. Draw

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Sheffield United Win

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

I have always disliked them, even when I played :lol: but I could always understand the reason they could get it wrong, that reason has now gone with VAR but still they continue to be useless

Hleb's Sirush likes this.
  2. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Which is why it is more frustrating this season.

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  3. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

It's the problem with big clubs and the massive stadiums of 50k+ where a big percentage of attendants are tourists and families.
    Porto fans for example almost seemed embarassed getting outsung by like 5k away Guimarães fans

4. Pepes blue pill

Yep, I wish I didnt look online when I got back from the match, as far as I was concerned VAR had looked at it and it wasnt a pen but no the we got well and truly ****ed over

5. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Yes but Villa wont accept payment over 2 decades.

6. Pepes blue pill

I dont disagree with you but its not an excuse, club should look into how they can make it better, its so bad it ruins the experience

7. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Agreed, especially considering how amazing our away fans are.
    Have been at the San Siro around 10 years ago when we lost 4-0 and got raped by Ibra. We were cast away in the furthest corner of the stadium but were louder than them all game anyway.

8. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

All this VAR talk is rather dull

We need to be playing well enough that VAR is irrelevant

Its outside our control

bergholt and morpho like this.
  9. Pepes blue pill

Yep always had respect for the away fans, those poor souls have seen some horror shows and they never stopped backing the team and they never stop all that travelling

10. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

TV money has seen a noticeable closing of the gulf between top and bottom teams. Small things can make the difference unless you can assemble a squad like Liverpool or City. And we've had our share of bad luck under Arteta, with deflections and poor calls.

We certainly don't have the players to easily outplay other teams, whoever our manager is. I couldn't see any other team in the league wanting Mustafi.

11. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Don't buy that. We can get a quality of players above most of the other teams. If we then play to our potential we will get top 4.

'Bad luck' has paid no significant point in our decline.

12. Pepes blue pill

[​IMG]

Only just seen this :lol::lol: everything is right with the world again

13. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Well-Known Member

There were many challengers that season at this stage

It's true we've not seen a turn in form like other teams have, but given how open the league is this year I feel it will only take a run of consecutive wins for us to be back in contention.

Unlikely but still possible due to our rivals consistently dropping points.

14. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Well-Known Member

No one is really talking about Arteta's subs, but so far at Arsenal his subs have not been good in every game, he is taking way too long to make subs, it seems like its Wenger.

I'm not hating on him at all, but sorry he needs to improve this aspect of his management, he is taking such a long time to make any subs.. and sometimes he is only using 1 player. Its like Wenger

15. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

If you have a gameplan you don't need to change too early/often, Emery had none so he constantly changed around hoping for something to stick.
    We are super thin in attack as well, no depth whatsoever

16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Probably because we have no quality to come off the bench. Doozy and Nketiah? We were actually worse when Lacazette went off and Nketiah came on, who wasted opportunities, so in that sense it might’ve been better to delay that sub.

Makingtrax likes this.
  17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We don't have players who we bring a Nketiah or off form Guendouzi? We have absolutely nobody and they won't add something. We desperately need good depth we can't rely on youth all season

18. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Eddie played today? Didnt expect that so soon.

19. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

I have moaned about the refs for quite some time, but this year is really something extra with VAR. That Mike Dean wasn't going to give us a penalty by himself was clear from the start. Even Wrighty is livid!

black187 and Fallout like this.

#254 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been said already but Özil had two very good opportunities where he could have taken a short but opted to pass to Martinelli twice and the ball rolled out of play both times. Why can't he ****ing take responsibility especially now that he knew Auba wasn't playing! We have become really ****, haven't we?

Tourbillion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.