• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield Utd| Sunday 4th October 14:00| Sky Sports Main Event

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
They will. I saw a stat that showed we won 9 points more than expected under Artetaand that our 22 percent conversion rate had never been maintained over a season. We are punching above our weight and it's unsustainable over 38 games.

Of course, we desperately need better quality midfielders. But I feel Arteta is slowly eradicating the culture of defensive irresponsibility that has plagued this club for years - and that approach is sustainable.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Yeah, we definitely need more creativty but shots dont count for everything, we got a decent amount of dangerous balls in to the box that didn't count for anything. I'm thinking of the ball Ceballos nearly got to Auba and the one Nketiah didn't make the run for in the first half especially.

Sheffield was winning all of the crosses with a flat 5 at the back.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Sheffield was winning all of the crosses with a flat 5 at the back.

Look I know we didnt create many chances but we did come close outside of the 5 or so shots we had on target. Theres definite problems there with creating chances. To get away with how we have been doing our defence would need to be rock solid, but yeah, we definitely need to add something.

Manberg

Predator
Look I know we didnt create many chances but we did come close outside of the 5 or so shots we had on target. Theres definite problems there with creating chances. To get away with how we have been doing our defence would need to be rock solid, but yeah, we definitely need to add something.

It’a not rocket science. Everyone knows this, especially Arteta. We don’t have the solutions inside the squad. We need top signings.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Felt like first half, a better striker to contribute to our attacks and we batter them

TornadoTed

Established Member
Good win today. It was tough as Sheffield Utd were really disciplined but I liked how we kept the ball moving side to side stretching play, staying patient and waiting for an opening.

There was huge criticism when we 'only' beat West Ham 2-1 a couple of weeks back and then they go and stick 7 goals past Wolves and Leicester without reply. I said it then and I'll say it again now, this isn't La Liga where the small teams roll over to get their belly tickled.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Game changed when Pepe came on for Nketiah. Auba central offers a lot more than Eddie, we can't be developing strikers with all the other issues we have.

Three points, but it wasn't good enough in terms of performance. But still, there is always Manchester United.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Looked much better in the 433. With Gabriel at the back I feel far more confident in a back four. But luiz is still and absolute liability.

Manberg

Predator
Looked much better in the 433. With Gabriel at the back I feel far more confident in a back four. But luiz is still and absolute liability.

We were never in a 4-3-3 today. Formation remained the same throughout the game. 3-4-3 that switches to a back 2 on the ball.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Of course, we desperately need better quality midfielders. But I feel Arteta is slowly eradicating the culture of defensive irresponsibility that has plagued this club for years - and that approach is sustainable.
Agree 100%. We are much less open. The fact that we can go to Anfield and keep a clean sheet like we did during the week is tribute to that. Against Sheffield we allowed 2 shots on target albeit the goal was frustrating. Good finish by their player though so have to take that. We used to leak shots even against struggling teams. That has totally stopped. We are really hard to break down now which given that it is more or less the same team is tribute to the work done by the coaches.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Game changed when Pepe came on for Nketiah. Auba central offers a lot more than Eddie, we can't be developing strikers with all the other issues we have.

Three points, but it wasn't good enough in terms of performance. But still, there is always Manchester United.
Eddie was frustrating today. Don't think he helped himself today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom