• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | 10/2/04

Mark

Established Member
where was parlour's foul, was it in the penalty area? because i heard we were clearing a free kick before we broke and scored.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Mark said:
our first goal was apparently offside and yeah the second one probably was a foul, but we won when not playing well that's what matters. southampton were for much of the game quite a bit better than us, but we took the chances we got and we got an important win, hopefully the team is purposely not playing at their best to save energy for the more important games later in the season so we can hit form then.

To say they were better than us is a Sky load of rubbish. You do not have to be fair, Arsenal were by miles the better team. Ok, a few minutes S'h'ton looked sharper, but Arsenal were in charge the rest of the match.

2-0 is all that matters, how many times has RVN dived to get a Manure win? We did not have to resort to such tactics. We were the better team.

Mark

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Mark said:
our first goal was apparently offside and yeah the second one probably was a foul, but we won when not playing well that's what matters. southampton were for much of the game quite a bit better than us, but we took the chances we got and we got an important win, hopefully the team is purposely not playing at their best to save energy for the more important games later in the season so we can hit form then.

tbh, who cares about form? what is form? playing well or winning games? i dont know about you, but i prefer the latter.

winning games is more important, but if we play like that against the likes of man u and chelsea, we won't get away with it. you have to really perform well against them to get the win, so i'm saying we're not playing our best now because we can afford to against 'lesser' teams like southampton, who had the best of the game most of the time but didn't put their chances away, they didn't punish us but teams like man u and chelsea will.

Andrew

SF Gooner said:
can't we ever just win a game without there being some contreversy. I was listening to the game on the computer and it sounds like as if they should have kicked th ball out. Didn't this happen with us once before in the FA cup a few years back and we offered to replay the game? Well in this case i wouldnt be to bothered about them disallowing the goal. I dont think they should replay the game but maybe they should take away the second goal.

Nope. Back then the ball was kicked out by the opponents and we were meant to throw it in back to them but we didn't and we scored... much different.

I think Parlour did deserve a second yellow, and all I wanted was for us to put the ball out. It would have just wasted more time and would stop some controversy, which both goals had. So I think we were a little fortunate to win this game 2-0, but we're 5 points up now which is a god cusion to have at the moment.

Mark

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
Mark said:

To say they were better than us is a Sky load of rubbish. You do not have to be fair, Arsenal were by miles the better team. Ok, a few minutes S'h'ton looked sharper, but Arsenal were in charge the rest of the match.

2-0 is all that matters, how many times has RVN dived to get a Manure win? We did not have to resort to such tactics. We were the better team.

okay to be fair i haven't seen the game, i only know what they tell me on the radio, and southampton seemed to have most of the posession and yes i know it's not about posession it's about what you do with it, but teams like man u and chelsea will do much more damage with it.

Andrew

Mark said:
where was parlour's foul, was it in the penalty area? because i heard we were clearing a free kick before we broke and scored.

Well outside it. Apart from early in the first half and late in the second, we really were in control and dominated the match. We deserved the win.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Mark said:
patrick42uk said:
Mark said:

tbh, who cares about form? what is form? playing well or winning games? i dont know about you, but i prefer the latter.

winning games is more important, but if we play like that against the likes of man u and chelsea, we won't get away with it. you have to really perform well against them to get the win, so i'm saying we're not playing our best now because we can afford to against 'lesser' teams like southampton, who had the best of the game most of the time but didn't put their chances away, they didn't punish us but teams like man u and chelsea will.

play like what? are you referring to the clean sheet we kept today? just because we dont completely dominate possesion or we dont have numerous shots on goal doesnt mean we havent performed. It seemed like it was a good defensive performance because southampton's chances were restriced to long range shots, with one or two saves for lehmann. Winning games like this, irrespetive of the opposition, is a good thing. But we are arsenal, we play the best football in the country. when it is necessary, we will play our champagne football.

Stim

We need to start being more ruthless, none of this "oh it was offside, we were lucky" or "we should have stopped the game", they were chances to be taken and the players took them, they were ruthless. We as fans need to be just as ruthless, who cares what the press says, a win is a win, do you think United fans would be saying how lucky they were if they were in our position?

Being ruthless is key to winning the Premiership, see what happened last year? Didnt kill the game off by any means possible. Now we are doing that we are a step closer to winning back OUR trophy.

A

Anonymous

I take the win, no matter how.

so reyes played ****e. He is supposed to strong and fast. From what i have seen he is opposite.

another **** up from wenger. why , why didn't he get a striker that can play NOWWWWWWW.

This team needs a second striker now, not next year.

AFCG7

Established Member
Henry was offside..definitely..just saw match highlights.
So was Van Nistelrooy v Soton
SO was Saha v Everton.

They won they got 3 points their fans loved it.
we won
we got 3 points
i love it
frig em :lol:

Sol man

Jus saw the replays on sky sports news and Henry took the second goal brilliantly (after a sloppy Gilberto attempt). Also I want to praise the Gunners fans for a fantastic ovation for young Reyes when he was taken off(arsenal plus said he had a smile on his face when he was given the ovation ;D )

Sol man

therock said:
I take the win, no matter how.

so reyes played s***e. He is supposed to strong and fast. From what i have seen he is opposite.

another f**k up from wenger. why , why didn't he get a striker that can play NOWWWWWWW.

This team needs a second striker now, not next year.
You fool. Reyes played alright today

kev82

I do not intend to offend anyone but it seems we seem to be scoring as many controversial goals as United now and it goes to show that big teams in pretty much all the top leagues seem to get most decisions in their favor. My point is I am a proud gunner but lets not become like the fans of Manu who shamelessly deny the evidence. I wonder when the away team last won a penalty at either OT and Highbury. I apologise for being controversial in victory. I would love to know how Edu fails to keep his spot when playing well

Mark

Established Member
reyes seemed to struggle with the pace of the game, but it's good that the fans are behind him. we all need to be behind him to help him settle in. it'll be worth the wait.

Mark

Established Member
kev82 said:
I do not intend to offend anyone but it seems we seem to be scoring as many controversial goals as United now and it goes to show that big teams in pretty much all the top leagues seem to get most decisions in their favor. My point is I am a proud gunner but lets not become like the fans of Manu who shamelessly deny the evidence. I wonder when the away team last won a penalty at either OT and Highbury. I apologise for being controversial in victory. I would love to know how Edu fails to keep his spot when playing well

wasn't the last penalty given to the away team at highbury, just last month? the away team haven't been given a penalty at OT for yeeeaars.

Top Bottom