• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | Wednesday 16 December 2020, KO: 18:00 GMT | Amazon Prime

Can we score from open play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Maybe the first 2o minutes or so.

The fact we came back and equalised and held on with 10 men for 20+ minutes showed there was a bit of strength of character there.
We showed strength of character against Leeds with 10 men. Lost 3 in a row after that. So what's the point? Whatever character we have isn't gonna help us in any way.

bergholt

The reaction in here after that actually shows any “Arteta Out” agenda here at A-M is not that prevalent. Some do not participate in match threads, so that has to be taken into account. As long as we’re not dragged into relegation zone Arteta is safe then maybe. Could be realisation of the issue of a difficult job for any manager for the time being with this squad having to be transitioned and the board, who knows.

Maybe most realise that it doesn't really make sense to judge the guy on a single series of poor (terrible) results. It's entirely possible that this is the making of the man and the squad. Not guaranteed, but possible.

Bringing in a new manager at this point (especially just before the Xmas-NY period) seems a bad idea because they'd basically be set up to fail, given injuries, suspensions, poor form in the squad.

IMO may as well give Arteta until end of Jan. If he really can't turn things around a bit by then, we'll be in serious relegation territory, so nothing to lose.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I know I get that but I find it really hard to believe it can genuinely be the reason for someone’s mental health deteriorating.. like it’s hard for me to physically imagine but it clearly happens so fair enough
It could be the straw that breaks the camels back though... Other more serious stuff could go wrong, and then... then Mikel does his thing one more time and that Lorry doesn’t seem such a big noisy air polluter anymore, as much as a big, warm person with their loving arms open wide. You have to have mental health issues first though.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Just for perspective, some saying they saw promising signs in tonight's result. We only scored a goal from open play off a magnificent run, that's not a consistent pattern that will yield results week in and week out. Secondly, we probably mustered two weak attempts on their goal prior to that (Nketiah and Pepe).

Yes, the lads kept fighting to secure the point but really this isn't the result we should be taking positives from. I'd argue, we would of lost this if it wasn't for the red.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Wasn’t fully focused on the game, cooking the dinner, from what I saw

First half: unacceptable = Arteta was gone at half time
Second half: acceptable = Stay of execution

1 other person

Do you think there are people who actually let the football impact their mental health? I find it impossible to imagine lol
I found my love for football and Arsenal whilst struggling with mental health. It has helped me a lot on many occasions and has been a needed and beloved escape. I'm not gonna let this little run of terrible form bring me down, but yes if it keeps going like this I'll have to withdraw from following the matches for a while to keep it from getting to me. I'll forever be exclusively an Arsenal fan, but football would have to go off my mind for a while.

Mohamed7

Why can't we ever do like Chelsea and sign players ahead of the transfer window?

I highly doubt Auour would now be interested in us given how well Lyon is doing and our state, but signing someone of his calibre ahead will perhaps relief some of the worry and actually look forward to something. January window is a do or die for the club. We need quality CMs.

Bin Xhaka and the lot of them.

Legend14

Established Member
B
No it didn't. 3 points wouldn't even have shown character. It's the bare minimum you'd expect for a club like ours.
Better than losing considering the circumstances. We need to lose the arrogance and face reality if we want to improve. Other clubs are not going to give us free wins because of our history.

They earned a draw today. That is positive.

Legend14

Established Member
Why can't we ever do like Chelsea and sign players ahead of the transfer window?

I highly doubt Auour would now be interested in us given how well Lyon is doing and our state, but signing someone of his calibre ahead will perhaps relief some of the worry and actually look forward to something. January window is a do or die for the club. We need quality CMs.

Bin Xhaka and the lot of them.
Great, hopefully Aouar goes somewhere else. We need winners, not players who get suspended for not wanting to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom