• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | Wednesday 16 December 2020, KO: 18:00 GMT | Amazon Prime

Can we score from open play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
B

Better than losing considering the circumstances. We need to lose the arrogance and face reality if we want to improve. Other clubs are not going to give us free wins because of our history.

They earned a draw today. That is positive.
Just a load of tosh. 1 win in 9 and people are talking about arrogance. I guess not expecting a club to be fighting for relegation is arrogance right? Who's asking for free wins? We didn't earn a draw today. We dropped 2 more points which we were absolutely desperate for and it's completely our own fault.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We can’t catch a ****ing break right now. Stop complaining about Arteta for a second and just recognise that we have rotten luck at the moment.

Playing with 10 men after showing good signs twice in a row. Both games the red happened really early too. Arteta and his staff must be perplexed at this.

Some of us are also perplexed at why we keep rolling out the red carpet in midfield for players like Barkley, Ward-Prowse and McGinn.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

One thing that really frustrates me no end is that other teams can kick us to kingdom come and maybe get a yellow at best. We get yellows and reds for every small **** thing like Gabriel’s first yellow. Like the refs cannot wait to punish us for any little thing.

This is not to defend Gabriel who should have known better, but the refs really are now helping in their tilting against us as a group. Not sure what we have done to deserve it but it’s been like this for years.

Legend14

Established Member
Just a load of tosh. 1 win in 9 and people are talking about arrogance. I guess not expecting a club to be fighting for relegation is arrogance right? Who's asking for free wins? We didn't earn a draw today. We dropped 2 more points which we were absolutely desperate for and it's completely our own fault.
Talking about today. Move forward. Glass needs to be half full to be a winner.

Legend14

Established Member
One thing that really frustrates me no end is that other teams can kick us to kingdom come and maybe get a yellow at best. We get yellows and reds for every small **** thing like Gabriel’s first yellow. Like the refs cannot wait to punish us for any little thing.

This is not to defend Gabriel who should have known better, but the refs really are now helping in their tilting against us as a group. Not sure what we have done to deserve it but it’s been like this for years.
If it wasn’t for bad luck, we’d have no luck at all. We’ll get past this. You have to be ManUtd to get blessed by refs.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
This photo looks terrible. I didn't see it this way live but did Leno actually duck when Walcott chipped him???

_116124838_whatsubject.jpg

Iceman10

Established Member
This photo looks terrible. I didn't see it this way live but did Leno actually duck when Walcott chipped him???

_116124838_whatsubject.jpg

Maybe a reaction time kind of thing. When players finish Wrighty-style where they shoot close to the body of the GK the GK kind of has to guess a little. Have to say though still a bit flappy and soft handed on crosses, and with punching.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Maybe but I don't see any valid reason for looking down when the ball is going above him. I could understand if he was being nutmegged or shot past.

I remember the likes of Schmiechel (the dad) coming out like a force of nature for one-on-ones and making himself big, if he ducked it was to protect his face and, whilst that is something instinctive, a player has to forget about it when in action and block a shot with any part of his body.

Last edited:

Polar Bear

Which club with any ambition goes this long without winning a match? What is it 2 months since we won a league match. That's disgraceful.
I agree, its truly awful. I saw Arteta fist bumping the air after the game like it was some amazing great result, a draw at home against Southampton who will end up mid table come the end of season. Not good enough.. and I know everyone will say 10 men, BS, we had 11 men for 67 minutes and were awful again and it was very sloppy scrappy football with very little creation again

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Maybe but I don't see any valid reason for looking down when the ball is going above him. I could understand if he was being nutmegged or shot past.

I remember the likes of Schmiechel (the dad) coming out like a force of nature for one-one-ones and making himself big, if he ducked it was to protect his face and, whilst that is something instinctive, a player has to forget about it when in action and block a shot with any part of his body.
Sczesney too he good at it he does always make himself big but depend on keepers i guess they have no choice just to commit and hope the attacker just shot straight at them

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wins will eventually come back we could have been talking about good 6 points if we didn't end up playing with 10 men for last 30 min last 2 games everything seem against us at the moment but to be fair we not helping ourselves. We could if we start game better rather waiting 30 minutes to wake up or try to stay playing with 11 men.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

So Walcott said we were scared of playing them tonight & it allowed them to come out with over confidence arrogance before & during the game. Shows you what arrogance can do sometimes hahaha. Bet his wishing they didn't do that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom