• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Swansea | Mon 11th May | 20.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thought he was pretty rational and composed post-match, not the sore loser we usually get to see.
Yeah Wenger was a bit angry yesterday and I don't blame him after seeing his players missing chances and concede a s''t goal. But at least he not moan like Mourinho when he lose

David Smith

Established Member
I think we prepared for a game in which Swansea would come at us like they normally do but instead they parked the bus and played on the counter.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The headline on the Telegraph website: "Wenger dropped a clanger by selling Fabianski". As if that happened.

Pies

Imo there is not much to talk about, just one thing: Bad finishing!

We had so many chances were we got free shots at the goal and none of them was placed.
We need someone with Poldis qualities!

A lot of truth in that you need to take your chances.

Looking back at it, although it was poor finishing that cost us the game, an equally important factor was the complacency that was clearly present in the first half. We didn't have our first shot on target until the 59th minute. That's a dangerous game to play and we got burnt.

We always have these kind of performances in us under Wenger, even the Invincibles did.

It's a shame we didn't get a point. Now second is out of our hands and I agree with Neville that second place would be a big deal for Arsenal this season. Frustrating.

Yep.
You'll always have a few of these type of matches over the course of the season. We take our chances and it's likely an easy win.

And agree with missing out on 2nd stinging a bit. Need to regroup and finish strong now.

baccy_man

Established Member
We can still make second place if we can get our goal difference higher than City we need to win our game in hand to get level with them.

General

Established Member
It was only a matter of time before Wenger's insistence on playing with virtually no outlet on the right wing came unstuck. Bellerin is still a novice when it comes to the basics of defending and he needs the right support in front of him not a CM whose natural tendency is to drift inwards. Suggest if we set up the way we have done over the past few games on Sunday we will get soundly beaten. Wenger has gone back to old habits and is compromising the system for the sake of accommodating players. One of Cazorla, Özil and Ramsey needs to sit on the bench.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I said earlier in the thread I don't like us taking off Coquelin, especially if we're playing Wilshere way up the pitch rather than his position for the England NT.

We lost a bit of structure and we were still drawing at that stage which wasn't a terrible result. Probably should have been Santi or Özil coming off.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't agree I'm afraid. We had more than enough technicians on the pitch and so many of our attacks from deep have started with Coquelin winning the ball. He was needed to snuff out their counter attacks. What we lacked was appropriate width. The only space was in the area behind their full backs and with Sanchez cutting inside on his right + Ramsey roaming everywhere, we were far too narrow. Honestly it was so obvious. You can't increase tempo if all your players are static, even if you have Pirlo or Iniesta on the pitch. Better movement in wide areas to enable fast switch of play is required.

Arteta use to be capable of stopping counters just like Coq. A DLP would of spotted some of the excellent runs Ramsey was making, rather than Coq/ Cazorla who either need or want to take an extra touch.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Arteta use to be capable of stopping counters just like Coq. A DLP would of spotted some of the excellent runs Ramsey was making, rather than Coq/ Cazorla who either need or want to take an extra touch.

I don't remember Arteta ever being as effective at stopping counters as Coq. Thats just not Arteta's natural game. Even if he was close at some point he certainly isn't capable of that now.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
It wasn't even that Fabianski had a good game, he would have been expected to stop everyone of those attempts as our finishing was very weak & poor.

Giroud again deserved to be taken off for another poor performance. What was even more frustrating was when Giroud did go off Wilshere (who had another impressive cameo, created 5 chances whilst on)made two excellent crosses put in front of goal that was in the Giroud typical tap in area that he would of been on the end of, instead Theo was far too deep and no where near them.

Özil for me man of match, exceptional again playing some great stuff, just a shame about our finishing.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Eventually it's going to click for AOC and he's going to be banging them in regularly - the guy has a monster shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom