• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs T*ttenham Hotspur | Sunday, Nov. 6th - 12:00 GMT| BT Sport 1

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Home games have had a 'difficult climate'
Since the end of January, Arsenal have taken only 10 points from a possible 21 in seven home league games.

Wenger said his side lost out on the title "at home against the lower teams", having played some of those games "in a very difficult climate".

He added: "We have to realise that away from home we are championship winners. At home, against the smaller teams, we dropped the points.

"It is very frustrating because we were in a position for a long, long time where we could compete for the title.

"We are disappointed but we have to fight. We have not to forget that in football you go down very quickly and you come up very slowly. We have to stick together.

"I can understand the frustration of our fans but despite that we want to support our team and the best chance you can give to a team is to be behind them."

Source http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36172291

He's wrong on this one. Our away form was the 3rd best in the league behind Sp**s and Leicester last season. Our superior home form was the reason we finished ahead of Sp**s.

I don't doubt that the games against the likes of Swansea cost us.. but we would have lost that game if it was away too. Mentally, we were finished after the loss at Old Trafford.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He's wrong on this one. Our away form was the 3rd best in the league behind Sp**s and Leicester last season. Our superior home form was the reason we finished ahead of Sp**s.

I don't doubt that the games against the likes of Swansea cost us.. but we would have lost that game if it was away too. Mentally, we were finished after the loss at Old Trafford.
Well I think your second last sentence clarified my point. home or away it doesn't matter. There wouldn't have been a home advantage.

And in fairness that is Wengers MO. There was a great show about Wenger and Ferguson me and my brother ( a Man Utd fan) watched years ago. Wenger said it doesn't matter about where you play or who infront of its a pitch it's the same everywhere and Ferguson was all about the fans the momentum it can build and the influence it can have on the ref.

No longer will a league win be about home form it'll be about both. The competition of not one but six teams (Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Sp**s) that makes 5away games exceptionally difficult. far more than any Ferguson had or Wenger had before. throw in Everton, Southampton, etc etc.

The league is always the way Ferguson predicted
I'm drunk good night

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What this showed is that we've still got work to do and we still need to look at bringing in another quality attacking player, preferably one with pace who can put defenders on their heels.

Sykes

Disappointing. Call me pessimistic or overreacting, but today showed why we'll probably not win the league. This was a **** spuds team with a half fit Harry Kane upfront and without Alderwereld, Alli, Sissoko and Lamela. They were there for the taking, but as usual we bottled a chance to go clear at top.
Poor mentality, Mustafi was shocking...the whole team was flat and didn't seem to know what was at stake. Again, our lack of clinical finishing is pissing me off. Chances like the iwobi shot and Giroud header should be in the back of the net...especially in tight games like this.
I'm extremely disappointed in these guys. 2 points dropped and 4th place.
Liverpool or Chelsea are winning the league.

David_Smith

You're beyond overreacting. As if Liverpool can win the league :lol:
What did Mustafi do wrong I thought he had an alright game. The players Sp**s had out didn't make any difference. We've beaten them at their best many times before and the season is long.

Godwin1

Very well-known
You're beyond overreacting. As if Liverpool can win the league :lol:
What did Mustafi do wrong I thought he had an alright game. The players Sp**s had out didn't make any difference. We've beaten them at their best many times before and the season is long.
Liverpool haven to be taken seriously at least David, not just that they are playing well but they have a manager who everyone rates and just as important no European football.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Our poor performance at home has to do with the fact that all teams travel here just to get a draw. They pack all their defenders around the box. This is the real problem we need to solve. We just don't have a clue about what to do when teams park bus. Remember the match against burnley? We were lucky to get away with three points.
Yesterday's match was ours and we should have won it. But, at the end of the day, the points we lost against boro and other smaller teams who travel here and play for a draw are the ones which are going to hurt us a lot.

Unless we come up with a game plan against such teams, we can forget the league this year too. The fact that other teams are so stronger now doesn't help either.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We were also taken aback by their formation and it took us a good part of the first half to adjust to it. They played with 5 in MF and really put us on a back foot for a good 25/ 30 min.
To beat them today we needed not to be at our best collectively. Unfortunately, a few players picked the wrong day to be poor.

Agreed to capitalize on a 343 formation against a 433 the backs are needed to play higher on the pitch to not create a 5 against 3 situation .

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Xhaka, Coquelin, Mustafi and Monreal all had good peformances but everyone else in my opinion was under par in what was a disappointing result.

WhatAFC

If we get early goals then the game completely changes and the opponents cannot just sit back and shut up shop. This is what Liverpool & city (obviously not very well at the moment) are doing, steam rolling teams in the first 15-25 mins and the game is almost finished before it's even started. I do think that's what wenger is trying to achieve with this current squad.

The goal of a high pressing team is to have the game killed off in the first 60 mins after that the extreme intensity that is played no longer needs to carry on. You already have the quality to keep the ball and the players can effectively rest for the last 30 mins.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Xhaka, Coquelin, Mustafi and Monreal all had good peformances but everyone else in my opinion was under par in what was a disappointing result.

I was not impressed by Mustafi yesterday. His aggressiveness may be a short coming. Son's dummy was so telegraphed but he still bought it. He shanked a couple of clearances and seemed unsettled.

carlito'sway

Established Member
If we get early goals then the game completely changes and the opponents cannot just sit back and shut up shop. This is what Liverpool & city (obviously not very well at the moment) are doing, steam rolling teams in the first 15-25 mins and the game is almost finished before it's even started. I do think that's what wenger is trying to achieve with this current squad.

The goal of a high pressing team is to have the game killed off in the first 60 mins after that the extreme intensity that is played no longer needs to carry on. You already have the quality to keep the ball and the players can effectively rest for the last 30 mins.

Agree. It is a simple fact that no team can use the pressing for 90 min. That is simply too much to ask. So we need to take advantage of our early pressing. The concern though is that if Alexis and to a certain extent Theo are not scoring, our options are pretty limited. I like what Iwobi brings on the left but he can't find his shooting boots. He seems to be hitting a wall as well, understandable at his age. Ox, the less we talk about him the better.

Pool for that matter can rely on 4 or 5 different goal scorers any given day. I hope that either Perez or Danny when they are back can be that option, that will be needed to keep up the pace on top.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Were still up there, the run continues. This year was always going to be a dog fight, we need to up our game and kick jose's arse then its a good start to the season imo

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Disappointing. Call me pessimistic or overreacting, but today showed why we'll probably not win the league. This was a **** spuds team with a half fit Harry Kane upfront and without Alderwereld, Alli, Sissoko and Lamela. They were there for the taking, but as usual we bottled a chance to go clear at top.
Poor mentality, Mustafi was shocking...the whole team was flat and didn't seem to know what was at stake. Again, our lack of clinical finishing is pissing me off. Chances like the iwobi shot and Giroud header should be in the back of the net...especially in tight games like this.
I'm extremely disappointed in these guys. 2 points dropped and 4th place.
Liverpool or Chelsea are winning the league.
I agree that this type of result has been too common over the recent years and shows why more than likely we will not win the league. However, I disagree on the attitude part. These guys know what's at stake they just didn't have the on field acumen to execute.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
What this showed is that we've still got work to do and we still need to look at bringing in another quality attacking player, preferably one with pace who can put defenders on their heels.
Yup, we need a real good option out wide. Someone who can take on their man and beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom