• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 22/04/06

Captain said:
He'd choose Arsenal everytime; same way that players would sign for Barcelona if they were in the UEFA cup ahead of us in the champs league.
The difference between Barcelona and Arsenal is far greater than the difference between Arsenal and Tottenham, to be fair.

jester

Established Member
Disconosebleed said:
Captain said:
He'd choose Arsenal everytime; same way that players would sign for Barcelona if they were in the UEFA cup ahead of us in the champs league.
The difference between Barcelona and Arsenal is far greater than the difference between Arsenal and Tottenham, to be fair.

we'll see in the final :wink:

Captain

Established Member
Disconosebleed said:
Captain said:

Not in the slightest; we're a world renowned club, Tottenham aren't even a 'big' team in england. Fact.

jgunner84

The match is OVER!!!!!!!!!!

STOP quibbling and let's focus on the next match. This whole slanging match between us and yids is getting boring as hell. Let's get behind the team and maybe contribute some meaningful posts not stuff like ' Sp**s SUCK'!!

jester

Established Member
jgunner84 said:
The match is OVER!!!!!!!!!!

STOP quibbling and let's focus on the next match. This whole slanging match between us and yids is getting boring as hell. Let's get behind the team and maybe contribute some meaningful posts not stuff like ' Sp**s SUCK'!!

but they do... :lol: :lol:

j/k

Meek

how bouts we lock this thread. lets all discuss more important matters rather than continually debating Sp**s possible CL adventures next season and the disgraceful goal they scored yesterday.

James

Established Member
The fact is, it's all still in our hands.

4th place won't matter if we win these next two games in the Champions League

;)

Viper

Established Member
Well you've just said yourself that Arsenal one of the 'big sides' he could join. Do you think Arsenal have more chance of getting him than Sp**s do? Given that it's now not just possible but LIKELY that Sp**s will be playing in the Champions' League next year, while Arsenal will be in the UEFA Cup. Far from definite, but Torres' decision will be made after these matters have been solved.
Arsenal do have a bigger chance of landing Torres than Tottenham. Reyes is a very close friend of Torres, and Torres has stated many times that if he wanted to join a team in England, it would be Arsenal.

I wouldn't say Champions League football will defintely goto Tottenham for next season. I think we still have the edge in getting CL football. We are still in the Champions League and we could well win it. I do think we are capable of beating Barcelona in a single match, if we get in the finals of course. Sp**s still have to face Bolton and West Ham in the Premiership while we have to face Sunderland, Man City and Wigan - our set of fixtures are easier than yours.

1970*Gooner said:
Lets face it WE have a future what the f**k have Sp**s got..? we have the ability to become more than what we are, we will(in my opinion) go on to achieve great things with this young team, so what if this year we don't finish above the Spuds so f**king what. We are in the still in the CL and have a good chance to reach and win the final, the spuds have never played in it. I for one am looking forward to next season as we don't know what we can do, when this young team starts to gel look out, AW will bring in a few players and off we will go so think positive, life is good football is Arsenal. :D

Keep telling yourself that when Henry leaves...

jester

Established Member
tottensam@spurscommunity said:
1970*Gooner said:
Lets face it WE have a future what the f**k have Sp**s got..? we have the ability to become more than what we are, we will(in my opinion) go on to achieve great things with this young team, so what if this year we don't finish above the Spuds so f**king what. We are in the still in the CL and have a good chance to reach and win the final, the spuds have never played in it. I for one am looking forward to next season as we don't know what we can do, when this young team starts to gel look out, AW will bring in a few players and off we will go so think positive, life is good football is Arsenal. :D

and you can laugh when king leaves like campbell did.
we have more hope of keeping our stars than you. lennon is already linked with manu, and he'd go there in a second

jester said:
1970*Gooner said:

we have more hope of keeping our stars than you. lennon is already linked with manu, and he'd go there in a second

We can play well without King, without Henry you're ordinary.

I expect King to leave at somepoint. Carrick too. We're not big enough yet. We have that potential.

And at least we don't have that trainwreck Campbell now. To even mention him and the WC is ridiculous.

jester

Established Member
jester said:
1970*Gooner said:

I expect King to leave at somepoint. Carrick too. We're not big enough yet. We have that potential.

And at least we don't have that trainwreck Campbell now. To even mention him and the WC is ridiculous.

you'll always been seen as a feeder club by the bigger clubs. maybe we're ordinary without henry, it means yesterday you couldnt beat an ordinary team. and i doubt we'd let him go without getting another star striker
i dont see you ever getting close to the heights we've achieved. as soon as one of you players becomes worldclass or anywhere close a big club will come and take him. then you'll need to buy another 'ok' player like carrick was (isnt now, he's better) when he went to you and make them better.

Viper

Established Member
jester said:
1970*Gooner said:

We weren't ordinary yesterday only because we were missing Henry, it was because we were missing Eboue, Fabregas and Hleb too. But of course Henry makes ours attack far more better.

Meek

speaking of train wrecks. defoe for england? not a chance. so how many players will you have representing england? well none in the starting lineup. whilst we will have 1 maybe 2. so Sp**s should be blamed for englands downfall. cos out of all the english talent you produce, none of them can make the national team.

jester

Established Member
Meek said:

speaking of train wrecks. defoe for england? not a chance. so how many players will you have representing england? well none in the starting lineup. whilst we will have 1 maybe 2. so Sp**s should be blamed for englands downfall. cos out of all the english talent you produce, none of them can make the national team.

1 - robinson, but thats reall due to the lack of competition for the spot to be honest. he's an ok keeper, but can make blunders, its just that david james makes more.
on his day james is a better keeper than robinson, england just cant afford his mistakes.
after them its green, kirkland or nigel martyn... :roll:

Viper said:
jester said:
1970*Gooner said:

We weren't ordinary yesterday only because we were missing Henry, it was because we were missing Eboue, Fabregas and Hleb too. But of course Henry makes ours attack far more better.

And we were missing starters and we had people playing who barely passed fitness tests, blah blah.

Yes, it is more difficult now to become "big" because of the disproportionate way that money is spread around. It keeps the rich, rich, and makes it difficult for others to improve.

It will be very hard for us to make that step.

But missing out on CL at this point in your club could also be very dangerous. I still think you'll beat us to fourth. But if you don't, and Henry does leave, a lot could change for you lot. And it may not be as easy to get back next time.

Your supporters may not see us as a threat, but your squad does. And ours no longer sees yours as unbeatable.

jester

Established Member
Viper said:
jester said:
1970*Gooner said:

And we were missing starters and we had people playing who barely passed fitness tests, blah blah.

Yes, it is more difficult now to become "big" because of the disproportionate way that money is spread around. It keeps the rich, rich, and makes it difficult for others to improve.

It will be very hard for us to make that step.

But missing out on CL at this point in your club could also be very dangerous. I still think you'll beat us to fourth. But if you don't, and Henry does leave, a lot could change for you lot. And it may not be as easy to get back next time.

Your supporters may not see us as a threat, but your squad does. And ours no longer sees yours as unbeatable.

you dont think you'll get 4th? nice :D

Meek

jester said:
Meek said:

1 - robinson, but thats reall due to the lack of competition for the spot to be honest. he's an ok keeper, but can make blunders, its just that david james makes more.
on his day james is a better keeper than robinson, england just cant afford his mistakes.

oh how can i forget Robinson. i know why. cos he is the only decent keeper england have.

jester

Established Member
Meek said:
jester said:
Meek said:

oh how can i forget Robinson. i know why. cos he is the only decent keeper england have.

seaman would p*ss all over him every week 8)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just a question who were Sp**s missing ? Jenas and King wasn't it? Has Jenas become that influential has he?

Top Bottom