• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 22/04/06

jester

Established Member
celestis said:
Just a question who were Sp**s missing ? Jenas and King wasn't it? Has Jenas become that influential has he?

lol, Sp**s fans really havent rated jenas, alot of fans phoning into talk sport were asking why the hell he was signed.
and they didnt actually miss king, credit to them
oh and mido was out.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

jester said:
celestis said:
Just a question who were Sp**s missing ? Jenas and King wasn't it? Has Jenas become that influential has he?

lol, Sp**s fans really havent rated jenas, alot of fans phoning into talk sport were asking why the hell he was signed.
and they didnt actually miss king, credit to them
oh and mido was out.

Lol , then I don't see how they were missing key players. Lets see we did not start the match Hleb , Freddie , Eboue, Fabregas and Ashley Cole and Thierry Henry.

JML

celestis said:
Mido, and had he been fit, they'd be 7 points clear right now. I doubt he wouldn't shown shades of a Gooner-at-heart, like a certain Jermain Defoe who missed two wide open chances yesterday.

hertyid

Interesting thread. Just wanted to point out a few things....

1) Chelsea bid £20million for Ledley King last summer. We turned it down. Contract negotiations are ongoing with King and I expect him to sign a new one this summer.

2) Carrick won't go anywhere. The only team that need a player like him is Man Utd, so they're a possibility I guess, but if we get CL football, he's got no reason to.

3) Lennon got linked by tabloids to Man Utd when he was homesick earlier this season. As the season's gone on and he's played more and more, he's become increasingly settled and recently signed a contract until 2010.

4) As for Paul Robinson being 'crap' and 'fat', I think you'll find he's neither. Seaman was hardly skin and bones was he? Robinson's built like a brick ****house but certainly isn't fat. As for the claims he's only in the England team because they're no alternatives, the fact that he and Lehmann have been lauded as the two outstanding goalkeepers this season kind of negates that. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that without Robbo, we'd currently be outside the top six.

5) We were missing King, Jenas and Mido, all regular starters for us. You were missing Cole and Campbell (who's hardly been a stalwart for you this season) and rested Henry, Eboue and Fabregas (aswell as leaving Hleb and Ljunberg out of the squad) although the three subs were all on when we scored. I think it's fair to say that we were both missing players. Wenger chose to rest his key men aswell and it backfired again.

Parkour

hertyid said:
5) We were missing King, Jenas and Mido, all regular starters for us. You were missing Cole and Campbell (who's hardly been a stalwart for you this season) and rested Henry, Eboue and Fabregas (aswell as leaving Hleb and Ljunberg out of the squad) although the three subs were all on when we scored. I think it's fair to say that we were both missing players. Wenger chose to rest his key men aswell and it backfired again.

Lauren and Clichy were also missing.

Unfortunately when you play in CL and get to the latter stages you have to play a game every 3-4days so resting key players is essential. How do you think Sp**s would have faired yesterday without Keane, Lennon, Lee and Carrick? Do you believe Sp**s have the strength in depth to compete on all fronts next year with your current squad?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

hertyid said:

1) Chelsea bid £20million for Ledley King last summer. We turned it down. Contract negotiations are ongoing with King and I expect him to sign a new one this summer.

2) Carrick won't go anywhere. The only team that need a player like him is Man Utd, so they're a possibility I guess, but if we get CL football, he's got no reason to.

3) Lennon got linked by tabloids to Man Utd when he was homesick earlier this season. As the season's gone on and he's played more and more, he's become increasingly settled and recently signed a contract until 2010.

4) As for Paul Robinson being 'crap' and 'fat', I think you'll find he's neither. Seaman was hardly skin and bones was he? Robinson's built like a brick ****house but certainly isn't fat. As for the claims he's only in the England team because they're no alternatives, the fact that he and Lehmann have been lauded as the two outstanding goalkeepers this season kind of negates that. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that without Robbo, we'd currently be outside the top six.

You make a series of fair points but the fact is you're miles from where Arsenal are.

You haven't won the premiership, ever, or even a league title since the advent of space travel, colour TV or the Sinclair bloody Spectrum.

Sure you have to start somewhere, and you're better than any **** side to visit Highbury in the 11 seasons since you last notched a win there , although that's not saying much.

I've said previously in this thread I take nothing from your perfomance yesterday. If you bring it forward from here, achieve regular top four spots and a CL place, maybe leading to something better, then good luck to you. You'll deserve it as Arsenal have.

But right now, if I may draw an analogy, your club is a snail and you need to travel the length of the Seven Sisters Road. Right now you're still in Bill Nicholson Way.

Gooner for 60 years

Beany said:
hertyid said:

You make a series of fair points but the fact is you're miles from where Arsenal are.

You haven't won the premiership, ever, or even a league title since the advent of space travel, colour TV or the Sinclair bloody Spectrum.

Sure you have to start somewhere, and you're better than any **** side to visit Highbury in the 11 seasons since you last notched a win there , although that's not saying much.

I've said previously in this thread I take nothing from your perfomance yesterday. If you bring it forward from here, achieve regular top four spots and a CL place, maybe leading to something better, then good luck to you. You'll deserve it as Arsenal have.

But right now, if I may draw an analogy, your club is a snail and you need to travel the length of the Seven Sisters Road. Right now you're still in Bill Nicholson Way.

And they still haven't been able to beat us even when we give them a chance!

marco

What is obvious is that jol is a lying ****,.

Saying that he was telling davids to stay onside when his hands are being thrust forward.
who when they want a man to stay onside thrusts his hands forwards.

you wouldnt you would move your arms back..

Yeah we played ****, but i love it when i hear that the balance of power in north london has switched.....
you have got 2 draws vs arsenal, one point from liverpool and one from united and all of a sudden you are better than us...
you have played 38 games thus far this season, we have played over 50...

henry, lauren, gilbert, eboue, cole, clichy, ljunberg, fabregas, hleb,
not one of these started.
if wenger had played his best team like he should have done we would have stuffed you no doubt.
but tuesday night is a bigger game for him.

why bother being in champs league.... unless you are there to win it..

sn196

Ive just come in to work and my boss being a yid is saying that what they did was rite and all teams should do it.......

My reply: What if Gerrard and Terry collide? Argies dont kick the ball out. They play on to score the goal that wins them the World Cup

Her Reply:....................Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Arsenal_FAN1983

Viper said:
tottensam@spurscommunity said:
jester said:
tottensam@spurscommunity said:
1970*Gooner said:
Lets face it WE have a future what the f**k have Sp**s got..? we have the ability to become more than what we are, we will(in my opinion) go on to achieve great things with this young team, so what if this year we don't finish above the Spuds so f**king what. We are in the still in the CL and have a good chance to reach and win the final, the spuds have never played in it. I for one am looking forward to next season as we don't know what we can do, when this young team starts to gel look out, AW will bring in a few players and off we will go so think positive, life is good football is Arsenal. :D

Keep telling yourself that when Henry leaves...

and you can laugh when king leaves like campbell did.
we have more hope of keeping our stars than you. lennon is already linked with manu, and he'd go there in a second

We can play well without King, without Henry you're ordinary.

I expect King to leave at somepoint. Carrick too. We're not big enough yet. We have that potential.

And at least we don't have that trainwreck Campbell now. To even mention him and the WC is ridiculous.
We weren't ordinary yesterday only because we were missing Henry, it was because we were missing Eboue, Fabregas and Hleb too. But of course Henry makes ours attack far more better.

Not only that, some of our players were tired as well we didn't change the whole side that played on Wednesday. Sp**s were more sharper than us for one reason and only one they had 4 days to rest where as we had two.

Oh and I new this Sp**s fan prick would get like this. I just laugh if they lose their next two games! :roll: :evil:

dolly

marco said:
What is obvious is that jol is a lying c**t,.

Saying that he was telling davids to stay onside when his hands are being thrust forward.

Yeah we played s**t, but i love it when i hear that the balance of power in north london has switched.....
you have got 2 draws vs arsenal, one point from liverpool and one from united and all of a sudden you are better than us...

if wenger had played his best team like he should have done we would have stuffed you no doubt.

WORD!!!!! :D

bobo69

Maxx said:
tactica442 said:
Maxx said:
But RVP is overrated, you can all go live in denial but it's the truth. He's had weeks off, ok some throuhg injury but he couldn't be bothered to chase down any balls.
Are you for real?? Do you know Robin was hailed as one of the most promising Dutch youngster when he helped Feynoord beat Lehmann's Dortmund at the age of 19 (or 18 )? Even Robben was not in that range yet.

Who was the best example of overrated players? Rebrov was. Bought at 11M, had a few games and off to Championship.

so when is he going to start doing the business? when we're winning 4- 0 against a team in the bottom half of the table?

All hype about him has not been justified so far.

yeah mate... the MF were doing such a great job in giving him support.... he missed 1000 chances....

sure pal...sure! if you cant see the quality of this kid by now you really dont have a clue. end of!

Tony Montana

Established Member
CraigHD said:
Wow, are Arsenal the biggest bunch of hypocrites in world football or what?
"Cheating ****"
"F*cking cheating c*nts"
"Loving it when Lehman attacked Davids"
"It was great when Fabregas pushed Davids when he was sent off" etc etc.

Followed by "We're too classy, we're too fair."

Yep, some of you guys talk a big stinking pile of BS. One rule for you lot, another for the rest. How many times have Arsenal dived and cheated their way to victory? Plenty. And Sp**s didn't CHEAT. If the referee thought it was a serious injury, he would've stopped play. He didn't, that's the fact. The only thing Sp**s could possibly be guilty of is unsportsmanship, and even that isn't fair.
Your players were stupid enough to fall over themselves, giving Sp**s the opportunity to break. The injuries weren't serious. One guy got up, the other guy looked up, saw the team was in danger and stayed down. If anyone tried to cheat, it was him. Even Andy Gray agreed, Andy Gray! And he hates Sp**s, that tells you something. And most of you seem to be blind to the fact that Stalteri was deliberately fouled for your goal. THAT is cheating. But the referee didn't call it, Sp**s didn't complain, they got on with it.
You call yourselves classy, just look at the reactions of the Arsenal players to Davids. It was disgusting. And look at your manager going crazy at Jol. Fact is, Arsenal are one of the most vile teams in the Premiership.
And Sp**s are "always f*cking cheating" and "unclassy" are they? Anyone remember the goal that wasn't at Old Trafford last season? Remember how classy and dignified Sp**s were, even after the final whistle? If that were Arsenal, the players would've hounded the referee and gone berserk. Afterwards they would've imagined a "hate campaign" against them.

So, guys, just face the facts as they are. Arsenal were played off the park by Sp**s for most of the match. If it weren't for a questionable tactic shift with 20 minutes to go and poor finishing, it could've well been 3/4-0. Fact is, Arsenal fans are horrible. For the first hour of the game, all I could hear were anti-Sp**s chants and players getting booed. Great way to support your team, guys! And for large periods of the game, the Arsenal fans were silent while Sp**s chants echoed through the stadium. Contrast that to Sp**s v Man Utd last week. Even at 2-0 down, they rarely stopped singing and encouraging the team. The only time they got off their seats were when Henry was subbed on and when he scored.
Arsenal are a one man team, that's a fact. Yes, they have good players throughout the squad but they rely on Henry way too much.
I really hope he leaves at the end of the season, I'm quite certain he will. And it'd just be perfect if you guys fail to qualify for CL and get stuck with UEFA Cup. I think some of you guys have failed to realise just how imperative qualifying for CL is for you guys. For Sp**s, it's just a bonus on top of qualifying for Europe via the league for the first time in years. Arsenal's future depends on it. No CL next season means no Henry, no big prize money and TV rights, big debts mounting up, less gate receipts, not being able to strengthen the team much, maybe even having to sell players to get rid of the debts. I honestly believe that if Arsenal don't qualify for CL, they'll be on somewhat of a downward spiral for the next few years while Sp**s go from strength to strength.

Craig HD, I for one can't be bothered to talk about this incident about Keane's goal. Firstly, it's boring and it was a legitimate goal. I agree that Sp**s didn't cheat and I have no shame in saying that. You are our biggest rivals but I want to speak the truth and the truth hurts.

Alas, that's the whole point. A lot of gooners are banging on about the clash between Eboue and Gilberto because they know it diverts the attention away from our poor perfomance and the fact that we may rely on Henry way too much. What's it going to be like without him? Now I know every team suffers when a certain player leaves their team injured or whatever but you should always have back up to make up for it in some way and Arsenal do. It's just that we haven't developed enough yet, not RVP anyway or Adebayor. Despite what people say, Senderos is solid. He will make it big time in my eyes. It will take a season or two for others including Fabregas which is why we need more established players, not more french kids. We play good football but it ain't like the thrilling, swashbuckling football of two seasons ago (and the beginning of last season) and I doubt things will change unless we bring in more players in the age range of 23-29.

Having said that, we have been sick in the CL. No one can deny it and Sp**s will not get to the semi-finals if they get into it next season. There's not doubt about that. Whether we'll win it remains to be seen but I expect full respect and credit from your lot if we do. We won't have dived our way to that trophy if we win the European cup. FACT.

This brings me to my next point: don't talk bullshit. We have never been known for diving our way to victories. What utter bollocks! We've won fair play awards for pete's sake. It's not as if we've never dived in matches before (Pires and Reyes and Ljungberg come to mind) but to say we have dived our way to wins is pathetic. All players, including the mighty Spuds :roll: have done it. As i've said before, all our league title wins and Fa cup victories (bar last year) were deserved and no one disputes that at all. Not even Ferguson. You're an idiot for thinking Arsenal are a cheating team and ****ing blind. We play free-flowing football that doesn't involve cheating at all. If anything it's the tough, defensive, aggressive long ball football that has more cheating but even then I would never say those type of teams cheat. Don't let our rivalry cloud your common sense and judgement. Arsenal have deserved every trophy we have ever won in the history of the proffesional game. That's more than you for the record. FACT.

And what's more, I find it ironic how everyone thinks other clubs have horrible fans and blablabla. :roll: What about when Sp**s fans bring knuckledusters (or whatever they're called; let's call them weapons shall we? :wink: ) to WHL to beat up gooners? They even threaten dads with kids. Now THAT is horrible mate. You can't compare anti-Sp**s songs with vile behaviour like that can you? Ask RockyRocastle (the member on here not the real one of course :wink: ). I can't even believe you think that those anti-Sp**s songs are so horrible. All rival clubs sing songs like that to each other. I'm sure you do it at the Lane.

No one can predict the future, but I can't wait for next season to prove you wrong about us going on a downward spiral. We may not win the league but boy, if you lot like living in the past with your 'glory glory' years, then I love talking about 1998-2004 and 13 league titles.

hertyid

marco said:

Yeah we played s**t, but i love it when i hear that the balance of power in north london has switched.....

This could have been said about Arsenal throughout their history. This season is the first time you've got past the quarter-final stage, so don't go giving lessons on how to win european cups.

marco

hertyid said:
marco said:

This could have been said about Arsenal throughout their history. This season is the first time you've got past the quarter-final stage, so don't go giving lessons on how to win european cups.

My point was that wenger doesnt care about fourth place.
We have a chance to win the competition and he doesnt want to mess it up.
why beat Sp**s to get in next years when we have a chance to win it this year by resting a few players.
thats wengers thinking.

you want to win it not gurantee being in next years,.
we have had years of medicority in champs league this is our chance.
he has been going for it all season.
remember white hart lane in october, henry didnt play then but did play in the 2 champs league game either side of it.

hertyid

marco said:
hertyid said:
marco said:

why beat Sp**s to get in next years when we have a chance to win it this year by resting a few players.
thats wengers thinking.

remember white hart lane in october, henry didnt play then but did play in the 2 champs league game either side of it.

Bollocks (again). Wenger clearly states in the article below that he believes the Premiership is the priority every year. He says it is the only true reflection of a team and claims Liverpool are very lucky to have qualified for Champs League this season through winning it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4523051.stm

Wenger seems to love changing his mind on everything. When Arsenal scored the controversial 2003 goal against Sheff Utd, he said "they can not accuse of being unfair, i wouldnt do that if it was on the other side". Now it's Sp**s who are cheats? Give me a ****ing break. He's pissed cos he knows he threw away 4th by resting key players, and he's trying to take it out on us for a supposedly dodgy goal...

Rohit

Established Member
It's taken the Arsenal fans 8 successful seasons i.e finishing in the top 2 in each and everyone of those seasons,3 Championships,4 F.A Cups,a 49 games unbeaten record,scoring in 66 consecutive games record to get so spoiled.

All it takes the yids is one successful campaign i.e a 40 game season(the shortest for any team in the whole of English Football this season),drawing twice with Arsenal,holding a 4 point gap over Arsenal with Arsenal having a game in hand and the hope for Champions League football and they are over the moon.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
hertyid said:
He's pissed cos he knows he threw away 4th by resting key players, and he's trying to take it out on us for a supposedly dodgy goal...

I think there's more than an element of truth in that.

Class post below though, Rohit.

marco

hertyid said:
marco said:
hertyid said:
marco said:

thats wengers thinking.

Bollocks (again). Wenger clearly states in the article below that he believes the Premiership is the priority every year. He says it is the only true reflection of a team and claims Liverpool are very lucky to have qualified for Champs League this season through winning it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4523051.stm

Wenger seems to love changing his mind on everything. When Arsenal scored the controversial 2003 goal against Sheff Utd, he said "they can not accuse of being unfair, i wouldnt do that if it was on the other side". Now it's Sp**s who are cheats? Give me a f****g break. He's pissed cos he knows he threw away 4th by resting key players, and he's trying to take it out on us for a supposedly dodgy goal...

I think you will find in that sheffield united game they had possesion straight after the incident and didnt kick the ball out of play.
they then lost the ball and we had 25 passes and scored, slight diference me thinks.

I would like to draw your attention to michael carrick going down in the first half and arsenal kicking the ball out.
also not sure if you were watching coronation street last wednesday but there was also the slight matter of a champs league semi final.
on at least 3 occassions villareal players went down and we kicked the ball out.
im judging it on arsenal standards which it is wrong to do.
I shoudl judge it on history and andy sintons equaliser in 1996/97 after you didnt return the ball.

also wenger can say what he wants about fourth place but if he really wanted it as much as the champs league then he would have played a stronger team vs Sp**s.
he didnt.
wenger was saying at the start of the season that he thought we would win the league.

i wouldnt believe everything a manager says apart from martin jol as he epitomizes honesty.
davids stay onside as he thrusts his arms forwards..... a true honest gent

Top Bottom