• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 22/04/06

marco

Also wenger was asked about the goal.
he answered the press questions.
was he asked about team selection.....?

when asked about Sp**s performance he said
" you played very well especially in the first half"

so is that defecting away from him at all.
wenger is looking at the bigger picture.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

hertyid said:
marco said:
hertyid said:
marco said:
What is obvious is that jol is a lying c**t,.

Saying that he was telling davids to stay onside when his hands are being thrust forward.
who when they want a man to stay onside thrusts his hands forwards.

you wouldnt you would move your arms back..

Yeah we played s**t, but i love it when i hear that the balance of power in north london has switched.....
you have got 2 draws vs arsenal, one point from liverpool and one from united and all of a sudden you are better than us...
you have played 38 games thus far this season, we have played over 50...

henry, lauren, gilbert, eboue, cole, clichy, ljunberg, fabregas, hleb,
not one of these started.
if wenger had played his best team like he should have done we would have stuffed you no doubt.
but tuesday night is a bigger game for him.

why bother being in champs league.... unless you are there to win it..

This could have been said about Arsenal throughout their history. This season is the first time you've got past the quarter-final stage, so don't go giving lessons on how to win european cups.

My point was that wenger doesnt care about fourth place.
We have a chance to win the competition and he doesnt want to mess it up.
why beat Sp**s to get in next years when we have a chance to win it this year by resting a few players.
thats wengers thinking.

you want to win it not gurantee being in next years,.
we have had years of medicority in champs league this is our chance.
he has been going for it all season.
remember white hart lane in october, henry didnt play then but did play in the 2 champs league game either side of it.

Bollocks (again). Wenger clearly states in the article below that he believes the Premiership is the priority every year. He says it is the only true reflection of a team and claims Liverpool are very lucky to have qualified for Champs League this season through winning it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4523051.stm

Wenger seems to love changing his mind on everything. When Arsenal scored the controversial 2003 goal against Sheff Utd, he said "they can not accuse of being unfair, i wouldnt do that if it was on the other side". Now it's Sp**s who are cheats? Give me a f****g break. He's pissed cos he knows he threw away 4th by resting key players, and he's trying to take it out on us for a supposedly dodgy goal...

Of course finishing 4th is more important than the Champions league . The league is the best measure of how a team has performed over a season . The CL is the icing on the cake .
Why do you keep bringing up Sheffield Utd ? Rocky explained in the oher thread that is happened when they were in attack and they didn't kick the ball out , when we went into attack they expected us to kick the ball out. I agree though finishing 4th is more important, it also takes the pressure of the players. I reckon they would enjoy it more (if we get there) the final a lot more knowing that there were no penalties to losing the tie.

hertyid

However, the present chairman, Peter Hill-Wood, is in no doubt that Tottenham's goal on Saturday was legitimate, never mind his manager's accusation that Sp**s cheated.

Hill-Wood upheld three generations of sportsmanship by his family - following his grandfather, Sir Samuel, and father, Denis - with his view of the crucial incident. "In the heat of the moment, players tend to overreact," he said. "I believe that unless the referee blows the whistle, you carry on. He saw the collision. Players have become more gentlemanly than they used to be, kicking the ball out of play if someone goes down, but, as far as I could tell, Tottenham's player [Edgar] Davids was looking ahead, down the wing. I didn't feel that Tottenham did anything wrong."

Taken from today's Daily Telegraph...

marco

Winning the champs league is the most important thing to Arsène wenger.
given the choice he would finish tenth and win champs league rather than finish second and get to the final...

Gooner for 60 years

marco said:
Winning the champs league is the most important thing to Arsène wenger.
given the choice he would finish tenth and win champs league rather than finish second and get to the final...

You're probably 100% correct, but, the thought of these spud arseholes waxing poetic about the "best team in N. London" for 5 months or so is mortifying.

marco

I totally agree with you.

im gutted we didnt go and stuff them on saturday and said something like that in a much earlier post.
was furious with wengers team selection.

but Arsène knows... and 4th place i think has gone now without a doubt and he didnt want to mess up tomorrow night.

ideal situtation is us going to paris with fourth place under our belts and having one big party out there.
that isnt goign to happen now

da_man

Martin Jol said in an interview that he thinks Wenger doesn't know how strong he is otherwise he(Wenger) wouldn't have tried to headbutt him. The way he said it sound like he was making fun of Wenger. I used to think that he was a decent person not so anymore. I just hope thay lose to Bolton. I'd like to see his face then.

da_man

marco said:

im gutted we didnt go and stuff them on saturday and said something like that in a much earlier post.

but Arsène knows... and 4th place i think has gone now without a doubt and he didnt want to mess up tomorrow night.

ideal situtation is us going to paris with fourth place under our belts and having one big party out there.

If we don't have 4th spot maybe it will make the players perform a lot better in the CL final (if we get there) as they would know that winning is the only way to secure CL for next season. Kinda like the situation Liverpool was in last year.
Who know could be a blessing in disguise.

Gooner for 60 years

da_man said:
marco said:

If we don't have 4th spot maybe it will make the players perform a lot better in the CL final (if we get there) as they would know that winning is the only way to secure CL for next season. Kinda like the situation Liverpool was in last year.

Let's hope so

hertyid

da_man said:
marco said:

Straws and clutching come to mind...

kamikaze80

Established Member
let the spud have his moment, god knows how long it's been since Sp**s have been anywhere near decent. they manage a draw against a virtual second-string side and they think they've won the league...

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
da_man said:
Martin Jol said in an interview that he thinks Wenger doesn't know how strong he is otherwise he(Wenger) wouldn't have tried to headbutt him. The way he said it sound like he was making fun of Wenger. I used to think that he was a decent person not so anymore. I just hope thay lose to Bolton. I'd like to see his face then.

yea right...

with that kind of belly, i dont know if he's even strong enough to lift his tiny prick

scruzgooner

bojed said:
da_man said:

yea right...

with that kind of belly, i dont know if he's even strong enough to lift his tiny prick
it's not a question if he can lift it (it's obviously small enough). it's a question if he can see it past his belly to lift it...

qs

Established Member
I really didnt think I could have less respect for Martin Jol but I now hate him more than any other manager in the world after this statement

Martin Jol said:
Robbie Keane is not English he's British

No he is not you German bastard :x

Top Bottom