<

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 25, 2019.

?

What result do you predict?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2019.
  1. Arsenal win

85.6%
  2. Draw

12.0%
  3. Tottenham win

2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

If you think Pepe is not going to be incredible for us, i hate you and hope you fall down a man hole.

MutableEarth likes this.
  2. morpho

morpho #ArtetaOut = Permanent Ban

Dont understand Emerys love for Xhaka, but apart from that, I think he did good today. We litteraly gifted them the first half, and showed caracter for the second one. Its clear that we still is a team in progress. Not just defence, but also our new signings need time to gel. 4.th will be a struggle.

3. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Was not booked and he was on a yellow too.

4. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No I will not take a deep breath, United are selling their whole squad and are two injuries away of playing an attack with an average age of 18. Chelsea have a transfer ban, a young squad and an inexperienced manager. Tottenham have HALF a squad that wants to leave. Emery got a **** load of good players, a squad filled with talent, all he needs to do is get top 4 and he’s such a coward he’s blowing it.

Geofranco and arsenefc like this.
  5. CJJ

CJJ Well-Known Member

SQUOTE="Taylor Gang Gunners, post: 4908482, member: 55898"]He’s faced 9- saved 0.[/QUOTE]
    Statistically that's pretty poor actually.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

You dived kane stop embarrassing yourself ffs

7. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

That first goal was such a ****ing ****show as well. We were in control, no problems whatsoever and then out of nowhere four consecutive errors for Eriksen to tap it in.

1. Sokratis goes in for a ball he should stay away from and loses the header.
    2. Luiz aggressively lunges in at the half way line and gets easily turned like a *****.
    3. Leno doesn't hold onto a pretty tame shot.
    4. Sokratis is simply jogging back, not keeping an eye on Eriksen.

And all that just from their goalkeeper hoofing it up field. **** me.

Jetalpha, MLK79, Beksl and 9 others like this.
  8. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Seeing how much joy we were getting down the left against Sanchez makes me pissed that Tierney is injured. He would of sent Sanchez back to Colombia.

9. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

City has a plan, they play tiki taka... Liverpool has a plan, they press like demons and kill you with pace and direct football.

What is our plan? With Wenger we were known for playing beautifully, maybe at the end that got badly. But with Emery we still don’t know what is our plan, what we play for? Counters? Building from behind? High pressure? Quick tempo? Slow builds? Tiki taka?

NieThePiet, Jetalpha, MLK79 and 3 others like this.
  10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

3 players out of 25 is not half. And people say @Trilly can't do maths.

11. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

But he never felt obliged to play Özil who is on the biggest wage. We need to sell the dross or not play them. They aren't winning us points.

Ashybashy86 and yorch44 like this.
  12. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

Way too early to judge him, but his final ball was hit or miss today. Messed up several attacking opportunities by lofting crossfield balls which were easily cut out, not to mention his shooting lacked composure. Obviously still have high hopes for him.

krengon and morpho like this.
  13. Camron

Camron Established Member

Sp**s are extremely effective on the counter. We are extremely weak conceding counters.

14. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Aurier that’s 4, **** me, when your only comeback is cherry picking me on my count I know I’m right.

15. Debre-Zeyit

Debre-Zeyit Active Member

Who's gonna get dropped when Holding returns. Luiz or Sokratis

16. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

Omg!

You lot are so fickle. It takes time to adopt to the league.

Relax. Let's back him without putting timer.

Plutarch and Taylor Gang Gunners like this.
  17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Vertoghen isn't trying to leave iirc, he just wants a longer contract than the one on offer. And you're not right because it's impossible to blow 3rd place on September 1.

Trilly likes this.
  18. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

This is one of the reasons why I criticise Emery. He’s had an entire season to assesss Xhaka, and still insists starting him. Making an error prone player captain is even more infuriating. With him in midfield, it seems like the team will not reach its full potential.

MutableEarth likes this.
  19. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Depends on Holding first

20. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Tell me what thing we are strong. Attack? Maybe our strikers are but they are being wasted without a system

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.