• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Arsenal Vs Watford Cajones FC 11/03/18 1:30PM Sky

Who will win?

• Arsenal

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Watford

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Troy Deeney's Cajones

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

Thought we were great. Finally we see why Xhaka, Mustafi and Kola has been solid performers for years. Thought all 3 was great and along with Elneny our best players today.

Love how Auba got a goal and an assist despite not getting much service, Mkhi getting some goal points as well. AMN, Chambers, Özil solid as well. The big disappointment was Iwobi.

Mustafi or Xhaka MOTM for me.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Jesus ****, no! Keep the long haired hipster away from the team. He'll jinx our good form.

Bellerin has been absolutely useless going forward and a liability defensively. With his off positioning and dodgy passing he puts so much pressure especially on the CBs, he often forces Mustafi to cover the whole right side of the pitch or drags him out of position towards the wing with his belated, ill weighted passes, which creates space in critical areas. As well he's been **** in 1 on 1 situations, offensively and defensively, for a while.

Don't doubt for a second him not playing is one of the reasons the team looked defensively more solid.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Bellerin has been absolutely useless going forward and a liability defensively. With his off positioning and dodgy passing he puts so much pressure especially on the CBs, he often forces Mustafi to cover the whole right side of the pitch or drags him out of position towards the wing with his belated, ill weighted passes, which creates space in critical areas. As well he's been **** in 1 on 1 situations, offensively and defensively, for a while.

Don't doubt for a second him not playing is one of the reasons the team looked defensively more solid.
That's exactly what I was saying after these two games. I really have it in for him this season. He hasn't been doing his job in any area and that so called pace of his is just for show, because it hasn't been put to any use.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
That's exactly what I was saying after these two games. I really have it in for him this season. He hasn't been doing his job in any area and that so called pace of his is just for show, because it hasn't been put to any use.

Yeah, especially his defensive shambolics. It's so obvious he's targeted by oppostion teams and it's so easy. I'd instruct a team to do it all the time. When Bellerin receives the ball, cut off his forward passing lanes, put pressure on him, wait for Mustafi to move outside towards him to give him an easy, close option for his dodgy passing, then attack these two and have someone move into the space created between the CBs by Mustafi trying to help Bellerin and the CDM most often not reacting to this by dropping deep enough.

If you have a quicker thinker/passer with better positioning at RB, that doesn't happen.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Only if he’s counting pennies... Police and stewards I’ll be in the ticket, as will some money that will go to the hospitality.
What will hurt him is the media. This is his biggest international sporting venture and the people who have a ticket don’t turn up. That hurts future capital, both for Arsenal PLC and him as owner.
Businesses look at percentages. And we are down on this time last season. Costs have increased and income is down.

The media will have relatively little impact. Even counting bums on seats only United and Newcastle will have had more people through the turnstiles in England. The PL is a media goldmine. Newcastle are valued at approximately 350m after two relgeations, protests and everything else. What will hurt us is the short term losses because that matchday income is why we invested in Ashburton Grove in the first place. We make approximately 1m on match day if that takes a dent and costs go up we could very easily be looking at losing several hundred thousand on match day.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I dont even know what thread to write this in but..
Its been a long time i've felt this good about Arsenal. Now i can't wait for the next game. Lets get the momentum train going!

3-0 loss to Milan is around the corner mate, don't worry.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Was at the game today and can confirm that the biggest cheer by far was for the double whammy of Cech's save and Deeney's miss, it was bloody glorious.

They were a bit nervy in periods and if Watford had their shooting boots on they'd have probably made things more difficult, but as it is they were pretty sh*t so it was comfortable. Hard to know with us whether it's us playing well or just the opposition not playing well. Also even after scoring the first goal a lot of the crowd were groaning and complaining every time we did something wrong, which I thought was a bit unnecessary; it's not like it was an important game.

Auba - 8 (still needs time to gel cos he's making runs and midfielders aren't looking up to find him)
Özil - 8
Mkhi - 9
Iwobi - 6 (being generous there, his confidence looks shot to pieces)
Elneny - 8
Xhaka - 7
AMN - 6
Mustafi - 8
Holding - 8
Kolasinac - 7
Cech - 11

Also quite disappointed Nketiah, Willock or Nelson didn't get on towards the end, especially Nelson. Anyhow, good stuff.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That was fun... eventually! Can't believe we weren't out of sight by half-time but our defence always looks like it will give the other side a chance.

3-0 no less than we deserved, loved the payback on that fat **** Deeney. Elneny very good today - helped out in defence, always offering himself to receive the ball and even passing the ball forward! Iwobi the weakest link.

Marmaduke

He's a hard worker and with better players around him he'll score more. He can also play up front or on the flank, so he'd be an upgrade over what Iwobi offers us, because he's more direct.
I liked the directness and both times he played against us he seemed pretty impressive.... But I just don't like him, nothing rational.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I liked the directness and both times he played against us he seemed pretty impressive.... But I just don't like him, nothing rational.
Hey, no big deal. It's not like he's already signed for us.
I just thought he's adapted well to the league in his first year and I'm guessing he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg like other more overrated players from Europe, but you never know with PL clubs.

HBL

Established Member
Auba - 7
Iwobi - 4
Özil - 8
Mkhi - 7
Xhaka - 7
Elneny - 9
Kolasinac - 7
Holding - 7
Mustafi - 8
AMN - 6
Cech - 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom