<

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | Saturday, September 19 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Oxeki, Sep 12, 2020.

?

Match prediction

1. Arsenal win

83 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. Draw

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. West Ham win

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

In the first half, we played slowly and poorly for long periods, although the first two minutes was high tempo with decent ideas and quality. We gave away the ball very cheaply- Xhaka on 2 minutes, Holding on 12 minutes in our box, Bellerin on 18 minutes, Ceballos on 20 minutes into touch and again on 45 minutes, Willian on 21, 26 and 40 minutes and Laca on 37 minutes. Those who did give the ball away saw more of it but we couldn't really string a set of passes together for way too long. Ceballos and Xhaka made some decent runs and passes forward but their lack of speed and agility meant that Laca was still dropping deep and Gabriel pushed forward into midfield at times. Our midfield despite their best efforts can't carry their weight. We need to stop penny pinching and buy now whist we're in a position to compete and not playing catch up. Absolutely no complaints about the result and a shoutout to Michael Oliver for getting the decisions right last night.

Jury and American_Gooner like this.
  2. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

[​IMG]

MLK79, Trofton, sdotzdot and 5 others like this.
  3. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

[​IMG]

Our average positions map doesn't look good.

4. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

Laca , Ceballos and Xhaka sharing a cup of tea in the middle.

Trofton likes this.
  5. Furious

What should it look like?

6. Mrs Bergkamp

I wondered why Arteta was so uptight about the passeses to the opposition so I did rewatch the first half and that’s a pretty good impression of what I did :lol:. I the light of day, we looked even worse than we did last night.

Furious likes this.
  7. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

Too many players are clustered together. Overlaping one another.

Laca-Willian
    Kolasinac-Saka

Are prime examples.

8. Furious

Laca and Willian had to come deep for the ball, so don't find that particularly surprising given how much possession we had of the ball and the way West Ham were defending. Similarly our Kola had to attack and support Saka for a good amount of the time.

9. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Agreed, the two times Saka was given any freedom between the lines he provided a pre-assist, but other than that we didn't do it at all.

10. DJ_Markstar

Aouar makes a bigger difference imo, I don't see a massive uptick from Partey vs either of the current CMs but Aouar would be a creative player in a team sorely lacking creativity.

11. DJ_Markstar

Personally think Saka was our best performer but agree with the sentiment, Ceballos and Xhaka controlled what they could - most of the issues came from losing the ball in attacking areas or simply not providing a threat in attack and the defenders/goalie looking shaky.

Manberg likes this.
  12. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

We try to invert our fullbacks whenever the wideforwards go wide which could create space/overloads in the centre.
    With a great attacking fullback this can work, with limited Hector? Not so much. Basically everything came down our left(as usual)

13. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

I think we should move back to our 4-2-3-1 maybe with Willian/Özil at no10.

Makavelii likes this.
  14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Who lost the ball that led to West Ham’s counter attack for their goal?

15. Mrs Bergkamp

I'm sure you know the answer. Willian crossed the ball into the box, Saka let it run and it was intercepted by a West Ham player. My post is about players gifting the ball to the opposition, often under no pressure, when a simple pass to a team mate was more than doable. I will wait for you to twist what I've written and make your usual vigourous Xhaka defence post. I have no agenda. As I said, he misplaced 1 pass. He wouldn't be mentioned if he hadn't.

16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I didn’t, t’was a genuine question, was curious.

17. Mrs Bergkamp

Fair enough. I apologise :).

Manberg likes this.
  18. The White Pelè

The White Pelè Well-Known Member

Christ! That was terrible.We were completely clueless and out of ideas. We just gave the ball to Xhaka to hoof it upfront or on the wings. Emery would have been proud ot this ****.

19. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Does this mean Arteta and the players have to isolate?

20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

God willing. Means we can forfeit the Carabao cup.

lamby22 and American_Gooner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.