• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wolves | November 11th | KO: 16:30 GMT|

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

andeoch1

We're not ticking the way we need to be. We've been so poor in the first half of so many games this season, managed to overcome lesser opposition in the second half through individual brilliance or opposition tiring.

I think the best is yet to come from Emery, this summer transfer window will be big for him. I'd encourage people not to get disheartened when we inevitably go on a bad run.
We need to strengthen in January, mate. Or we are fooked

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We made some of the right signings, but everyone and their mother knew we need a winger (at least one), we needed a new long-term LB and that Xhaka had two years of being extremely error prone. Our left-side was diabolical today, we had not penetrative dribbling from wide areas and Kolasinac was offering nothing from his overlaps. If we had genuine ambition of guaranteeing to get back in the top 4 we'd have addressed our issues. Wolves showed more ambition than we did because they were a promoted side, instead of just worrying about finishing 17th they've spent a lot of money to try and turn themselves into a top 10 side and progress from there. Wolves are moving faster and improving faster than we are and are showing more ambition than we are. In a couple of years times there's a genuine possibility they could be close to us unless we properly get our finger out. They've got two CM's better than one of our starting CM's.

Chelsea, Liverpool and United are not gonna wait for us to get better, they're all gonna continuously get better over the next few years. We're lucky that United have had a shambolic start to the season, because if they hadn't top 4 would be absolutely impossible for us this season. I don't think we're gonna make it regardless though. And next summer we're gonna be in a catching up position yet again where we'll be needing to spend 150-200 million if we're genuinely serious and don't believe we'll do it. You can't stay still here, you'll be left far behind. We've got so many problems in our squad witch we've failed to address or just got very temporary solutions too.
What the hell man. You didn't vote for us to lose. You're the real reason we didn't win. Lol

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Didn’t watch the game, heard we were pretty bad. Hate to say it but it does sort of back up what the stats people have been saying, that our results are due a downturn unless we improve our performances.

Gunner140

I thought that Xhaka's mistake was crucial, because it helped Wolves to sit back and defend for majority of the match, while hitting us on counter attacks.

It's weird that Xhaka's mistakes are always punished, but I thought that we would win rather comfortably, if it weren't for that goal.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I actually think we were not that bad and you can see that we are starting to dominate games now. There were few situations where they were throwing bodies to block shots that were destined for the goal, and if we scored from one of them it would be a different game.
It's clear that we miss that world class RW like Mahrez, but I think we are well covered in other areas and that gives me hope for the next season.

sammy89

We've still got some mid table players in the starting lineup that we need to get rid of. Our best hope this season is that our attack carries us to our goals of top 4 and maybe a cup trophy. In the meantime we will be constantly dragged down by midtable dross like Xhaka, Mustafi and Ramsey. Good thing is, we don't need world class signings to replace them. We just need some good scouting for value, a couple 15m players should do the trick

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Didn’t watch the game, heard we were pretty bad. Hate to say it but it does sort of back up what the stats people have been saying, that our results are due a downturn unless we improve our performances.

A lot of the comments are overreactions, people suddenly are acting as if we are world beaters or something. We are in the mix for top 4 and still possibly favourites over Sp**s as no way they keep this form and luck up over 38 games. Barcelona got smacked last night in their own ground by Betis, these things happen in football, what is most important is that you make the most out of the situation you are in and we got 2 points from our 2 worst and unluckiest league performances so far (C. Palace and Wolves) instead of a possible 0. Good to go, it's a marathon.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We've still got some mid table players in the starting lineup that we need to get rid of. Our best hope this season is that our attack carries us to our goals of top 4 and maybe a cup trophy. In the meantime we will be constantly dragged down by midtable dross like Xhaka, Mustafi and Ramsey. Good thing is, we don't need world class signings to replace them. We just need some good scouting for value, a couple 15m players should do the trick
Mid-table dross? I thought it was our big players who didn't make the dfference they should have yesterday.

For £15m you'll be lucky to get a mid-Championship table player these days.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Does anyone think that we were affected by our midweek fixtures, because both Chelsea and Arsenal suffered. Playing on Thursday does play havoc with your recovery time. Wenger's philosophy of playing the youth is the only way of coming out of EL fixtures unscathed.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Does anyone think that we were affected by our midweek fixtures, because both Chelsea and Arsenal suffered. Playing on Thursday does play havoc with your recovery time. Wenger's philosophy of playing the youth is the only way of coming out of EL fixtures unscathed.
Yes. Been saying it all season. We started yesterday with a number of players who'd played on Thursday and it's no coincidence our energy levels seem to have dropped (Liverpool game was an exception but it was a different type of game) over the past three weeks or so..

Emery has no excuse for playing anyone might start a weekend game in our last two EL games. Unfortunately same cannot be said for the League Cup where the fans will expect a strong team as we're laying Tottenham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom