• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 18/01/04

A

Anonymous

Good win, 2 Points in front of a down cast Man U, Chelsea doing nowt,
the football is doing the talking, Arsenal Champions 03-04, but dont forget we are a young side and we will get our Trophy back 04-05.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Hehe;

Maybe you've got a prettier wife than Myth back home.

Then again Myth's about 14, isn't he?

jc8gooner

I'm sure Myth's feeling better with Saha signing soon
:lol: :lol:
Did 'Sir' Alex not realise that Saha's record in the two previous premiership seasons was dreadful? 13 goals in two seasons. He's just hit a bit of form and won't get in the Manure team all the time anyway.

A

Anonymous

excellent away win

few points.

1. why is that idiot O'Leary cristising Arsenal all the time!

2. The quicker Kanu is booted out of town the better. He is so overtop and
useless.

Thw win was good but we need a another striker fast

The Premier

My apologies - I stand corrected regarding the free kick. Henry's goal was well taken.

Why don't I high-tail it back to a Manc site? Well, I do post on and read a "Manc site" - but frankly, I don't find much interest in joining a chorus of like-minded voices, all sharing the same general opinion. Its much more interesting to exchange thoughts with a group that one doesn't always agree with, and, like today, I've learned more than one or two things on this site.

orion

Well I don't have any sympathy for Villa or O'Leary on this one. We were caught by a very similiar goal some time ago against Leeds at Highbury when Harte buried one while Seaman was still arranging the wall, so it's not as if it hasn't happened before or that Villa are the only one's who've conceded such a goal. I don't recall Arsène whining about it at the time, he simply said there should be more consistancy on how ref's wen't about it which is very true. As I recall the papers back then seamed to think the goal perfectly legimate, but that was to be expected as it was against Arsenal and more importantly Seaman who the tabloids always liked to abuse. But O'Leary has always been good to hide behind excuses, I know most managers tend to do it, but he has mastered the art.

Andrew

I don't care what people think of the goals. All the time you hear how our players only want to score the "beautiful goal" and blah blah. I don't think so. This Arsenal seems to be more ruthless now, which was shown by the free kick. So at one stage, we weren't ruthless enough, and now we are too ruthless... sometimes you just can't win.

And about the ref... well he owes us one anyway, because he was the one who sent off Campbell for his "elbow" (which was not even as bad as what happened to Henry against Villa) which did not help our title hopes last season. I don't think it was a penalty (because Melberg couldn't get out of the way) but the free-kick was within the rules, not very sportsmanlike though. But it's best to win points rather then to make everybody happy.

patrick42uk

Established Member
the henry goal was funny more than anything else. The referee's body language to henry when he asked to take it was like 'go on son! heres your chance' i can see how the villa fans would be angry. But, o'leary cant complain, what goes around comes around.

As for the pen, i dont think it was that contentious. mellberg blatantly blocked kanu's path to the ball, clear penalty for me

quattro

great weekend. didn't see the match but looking through the news (some from villa news sources) it looks like a fair result. o'leary is uber bitter about the result... maybe he'll get his in the carling cup.

maybe not :twisted:

Soler

Established Member
The Premier said:
Then, you had the spectacle throughout the game of Gunners going down at each hint of contact, screaming out in agony - but once convinced that nothing was going to be given, springing back to their feet. Personally, I think they're better suited to Serie "A". And these days, no Gunner game is complete without Pires doing his "jetee" or "pirouette" - spinning on one foot, arms outstretched, finally falling into a heap of spare parts.

Yeah, Thierry completely faked the blood coming out of his mouth ... :roll:

Silly ManUre.

Andrew

Mad Jens said:
The Premier said:
Then, you had the spectacle throughout the game of Gunners going down at each hint of contact, screaming out in agony - but once convinced that nothing was going to be given, springing back to their feet. Personally, I think they're better suited to Serie "A". And these days, no Gunner game is complete without Pires doing his "jetee" or "pirouette" - spinning on one foot, arms outstretched, finally falling into a heap of spare parts.

Yeah, Thierry completely faked the blood coming out of his mouth ... :roll:

Silly ManUre.

Yep, Thierry's capable of anything. ;)

But the Villa fans should have known not to mouth off at Henry after Mills did it last week. It's only going to make him more determined, and in the end he scored 2 goals didn't he?

But really, I don't know how we cheated in this match. Kanu, no matter if it was a penalty or not, collided strongly with Melberg and didn't make a meal of it. Henry went down occasionally but they were all bad tackles. Vieira went down a couple of times but each time he had about 3 Villa players hasseling him. So really, I would like to know how we cheated in this match. It's really just bitterness from Manure fans, and that's all it is.

A

Anonymous

>>we will get our Trophy back 04-05

There, over there, do you see it? I think it is the beast called "Why everyone hates Man Yoo and their fans including reasons of arrogance, ****-wittiness, severe retardation and total lack of grace." You can smell it from here.

A

Anonymous

Manure is the cheatingest club in the entire Prem. Their fans must have brass balls to come here and accuse our team of cheating. how do you spell "**** orf"? oh wait, I got it right in one.

A

Anonymous

>>2. The quicker Kanu is booted out of town the better. He is so overtop and
useless.

therock, you know nothing about football. I hereby crown you "Prince of the Muppet Order". Now who wants to be King?

KoLo28

I watched the game and I 'USED' to like Villa, but after the game their fans have convinced me that they are a bunch of no-good fa**ots like every other bloody team in the league (besides Arsenal offcourse). How can you boo a player who gets hit in the mouth and is bleeding heavily... goes to show how success starved they are. Great free kick by henry and a good put away from the penalty spot. Great weekend for results as the gooners go marching on!!

Top Bottom