• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/03/04

bobbypires

Established Member
Blackburn played very bad, cos Arsenal were a solid team. Henry's goal was brilliant. And Gilberto showed that he's not a winger.

jeremiesgirl

Very pleased we came away with the 3 points today, was a little concerned at half time as didnt want a repeat of last season's matches against Blackburn but Henry and Pires didnt let us down!

orion

A well deserved win even if it was more of workmanship than flair today, but for a few rare glimpses. Suprisingly enough, I think Lauren was our most consistant player in the game (Cole along with the rest of the defence also looked solid) and Reyes offered us some glimpses of things to come in the future. You could tell players still had heavy legs from the Celta game which caused Blackburn to win many balls in midfield, but they rarely threatened and we kept our composure well and every player showed willingness to track down and help in defence when needed. Henry seemed to be in a fould mood and did not have a great game, but still managed to get the decisive first goal, Short should have known better than to wind him up for that free kick. :)

Alexone234

we gotta keep marching on and on. Now we can start looking at the Bolton game and the sort of performance we need to put in there.

AFCG7

Established Member
Blackburn fans are stupid and ignorant.
Why were they booing Henry?
Henry didnt look for the free kick.. the ref gave it and he scored a brilliant goals. He had nothing to do with the foul being given..he didnt even ask for it.
Souness.. i can understand his frustration.. Henry and Short's legs got tangled up..sometimes the ref just ignores these things.. this time he didnt and to be fair he didnt criticise Henry..just the official.

AFCG7

Established Member
By the way.. Henry's earier effort when he nicked the ball from Friedel.. i thought that should have stood after looking at the replay.. but its very difficult for referees to judge and if i was the ref i wouldnt have given it at all.

Aussie

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
By the way.. Henry's earier effort when he nicked the ball from Friedel.. i thought that should have stood after looking at the replay.. but its very difficult for referees to judge and if i was the ref i wouldnt have given it at all.

They said it was for dangerous play but really Fridel was never in any danger of being hurt at all. There was no connection made and Henry's boot didnt even go close to Friedel.

Ahh well dosent matter as another win just takes us closer to the holy grail.

Mark

Established Member
Yeah Henry's effort when Friedel was clearing it should've been a goal. The ball was out of his hands, Henry didn't touch him, and Henry's foot wasn't high. I really can't see why it was disallowed. Thankfully it didn't cost us the game.

Ally

Actually, the ref didnt disallow it for dangerous play, he disallowed it for 'foul play' - i.e. Henry had kicked the ball out of Friedel's hands.

Aye right.

There might have been a cause for saying it was obstructionist, contravening the rule about getting in the way of the goalie releasing the ball, but the referee didn't disallow it for that reason, and so at the most basic level, the referee got it completely wrong and it CAN'T have been disallowed for what it officially was for.

Muppet ref on this occasion, not anything Titi did wrong.

Mark

Established Member
If he thinks Henry kicked it out of his hands he clearly didn't get a very good view. That's a shame, but maybe in the future it's a possible tactic. :)

XxGoonaStuxX

I really think the goal should have been allowed. Henry slickly took it from his kick and it should have been let to stand. Did he hurt Freidel - No. Was it dangerous play - No.

n_henry

I thought the disallowed goal should have stood also... Titi's face after.. chuckling to himself :lol:

Reyes..I really, really can't wait til he's properly settled into the team :angel

And Gilberto was comfortably the worst man on the pitch (for us, anyway)... but he almost did score, at least. 8)

Aussie

Established Member
n_henry said:
I thought the disallowed goal should have stood also... Titi's face after.. chuckling to himself :lol:

Reyes..I really, really can't wait til he's properly settled into the team :angel

And Gilberto was comfortably the worst man on the pitch (for us, anyway)... but he almost did score, at least. 8)
\

Reyes is looking better and better every week. He looks quite good but he is still learning how to play and link up with Henry, Pires and co

Ally

His major problem just now is he doesn't seem familiar with when he has to release the ball - he wants to run with it at feet, but you can't do that in the Prem if you recieve the ball with your back to goal.

Just now, he wants to ensure he doesn't get caught in possession as much as he has done, look for the simple pass and play it.

Still, he is looking like an absolutely amazing prospect just now, and we all knew he was being bought for next season anyway so it's only right to allow him the settling in period he needs and deserves. Can't wait to see him once everything clicks. Blimey.

Aussie

Established Member
Ally said:
His major problem just now is he doesn't seem familiar with when he has to release the ball - he wants to run with it at feet, but you can't do that in the Prem if you recieve the ball with your back to goal.

Just now, he wants to ensure he doesn't get caught in possession as much as he has done, look for the simple pass and play it.

Still, he is looking like an absolutely amazing prospect just now, and we all knew he was being bought for next season anyway so it's only right to allow him the settling in period he needs and deserves. Can't wait to see him once everything clicks. Blimey.

It really will be a dream when he has slotted in and has that telapathic knowledge of where everyone is like they all seem to have. Next season Bergy will have a role however i would imagine Reyes and Henry would be the main pair.

Im exited just thinking of the great partnership they are going to have for the next 5 or so years.

Aussie

Established Member
I thought the huddle after Henry scored scored was brilliant today. Did anyone see Kolo kiss Henry's head.

Also I thought the Arsenal fans did a pretty good job. They sounded quite lound on the t.v.

skart14

Aussie said:
I thought the huddle after Henry scored scored was brilliant today. Did anyone see Kolo kiss Henry's head.

Also I thought the Arsenal fans did a pretty good job. They sounded quite lound on the t.v.

Saw kolo carry pires after his goal though....

Andrew

Bloody commentator I'm listening to now "Henry should have got a yellow card" on the dissallowed goal, then when asked about the quality of Henry's goal, "I thought he was fortunate to get the free kick". Must be the cousin of Souness or something... With Souness predictably saying everything went against his team. Imagine how fuming he would be if Henry's dissallowed goal was allowed, which it clearly shouldn't have been as anyone who knows the rules would understand.

I thought our performance was quite good, with some really nice passing but we just seemed to lack the killer instinct and didn't seem too intent on scoring goals. The way we were playing were as if we were already 2 or 3 goals up when it was 0-0.

That was the best I've seen Reyes play. He was real good and had at least 2 or 3 defenders on him while he was in possesion. Henry wasn't great but still produced the goods. Vieira started really well but really dropped off in the second half. But I thought Pires was excellent, and worked hard throughout the entire match and was one of the few to show intent. It is great how he is nearly always there to knock the rebounds in. All our defenders were quite good today, with each one of them producing important interventions throughout the match.

Aussie

Established Member
Andrew said:
Bloody commentator I'm listening to now "Henry should have got a yellow card" on the dissallowed goal, then when asked about the quality of Henry's goal, "I thought he was fortunate to get the free kick". Must be the cousin of Souness or something... With Souness predictably saying everything went against his team. Imagine how fuming he would be if Henry's dissallowed goal was allowed, which it clearly shouldn't have been as anyone who knows the rules would understand.

There just jealous that Arsenal have the greatest footballer in all the land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom