• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/03/04

Aussie

Established Member
n_henry said:
I thought the disallowed goal should have stood also... Titi's face after.. chuckling to himself :lol:

Reyes..I really, really can't wait til he's properly settled into the team :angel

And Gilberto was comfortably the worst man on the pitch (for us, anyway)... but he almost did score, at least. 8)

In fairness to gilberto he was playing a pos that is very unfamilar to him.

A

Anonymous

In fairness to gilberto he was playing a pos that is very unfamilar to him.
well everyone on here seems to think gilberto is a good option on the right. i have said he is worse there than he is in the centre. but today he was poor. he started off alrite in the first half, and just got worse !!!
now maybe some people might realise how **** he really is.
edu was solid in the centre, was probably one of the only players who never gave it away stupidly !!
vieira controlled the midfield but even he passed the ball straight to the opposition at least 5 times. he seems to be doing this alot lately !! imagine if he didnt give it away needlessly like that, imagine how much he would dominate the midfield then !! SORT YOUR PASSING OUT PADDY

OoDy

The only thing I`m worried about is that I Thought our players looked really tired and had heavy legs.. I hope it`s just me and they prove me wrong in the next 3 weeks

Aussie

Established Member
OoDy said:
The only thing I`m worried about is that I Thought our players looked really tired and had heavy legs.. I hope it`s just me and they prove me wrong in the next 3 weeks

Well they can all have one weeks break now as our next game v Bolton aint for 7 days.

Senght

Lehamnna nd the defence was solid as usual.. Paddy's passing was horrible tonight. Passed it to the opposition 4,5 times, he needs to get that sorted out>gilberto was okay and almost scored, I think he was decent tonight. Was solid defensively. Edu did nothign wrong but wasn't spectacular. Pires worked his arse off and was truly the pirate as his poachign skills showed. Apart from the freekick, Henry didn't do much. He was really in a foul modd today, considerign the crappy passes going his way. Reyes was superb but looked really lightweight. Very skillful but almost gets pushed around. Clichy looks promising and can be a future backup for "Pirate" next season :D

Senght

In my opinion I think the break is very important as the players obviously looked tired from the Celta game. Bring on Bolton next, one game at a time.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I am worried about the Chel$ki-Manure sagas, because they are both mentally and physically very draining. Our squad will really be stretched to its limits.
But we are always up for it when the odds are against us.
Bring it on!!

Ridge

is Henry not happy bout Gilberto's cross? he was frustrated when he didnt get the ball he wants to from Gilberto?

yeah, gilberto played sh*t today (except that shot which lead to bobby's goal :angel ), but i dont think henry should act like this when his teammates isnt playin good.

well i m not sure what is really happening down there, its just my thoughts. :(

Jasper

Henry should not be pissed at Gilberto in public infront of thousands of fans.

Yes Gilberto did mess up his crosses but he should not publicly display his anger. I know Henry demands this pass here and there but hey, we are talking about Gilberto here. Gilberto's forte is possession, defending and tackling, not crossing, passing, dribbling, running, heading, nor scoring!

Its not like Henry usually scores headers from crosses all the time anyways.

The first goal should not have been dissallowed.

Henry's foot didn't even touch Friedal. The ball is always in play once it leaves the goalkeepers hands.

What was Friedal doing anyways kicking that close to Henry? What goalkeeper would kick the ball with Thierry Henry next to him? He was not impeded, Friedal could have kicked the ball another way.

Senght

Jasper said:
Henry should not be pissed at Gilberto in public infront of thousands of fans.

Yes Gilberto did mess up his crosses but he should not publicly display his anger. I know Henry demands this pass here and there but hey, we are talking about Gilberto here. Gilberto's forte is possession, defending and tackling, not crossing, passing, dribbling, running, heading, nor scoring!

Its not like Henry usually scores headers from crosses all the time anyways.

What will you feel if your teammate messes up a simple cross. Just a simple one. It is very difficult to control your temper, just ask Old Keano, Viera, Neville and Mills.

vin de guerre

Jasper said:

Henry's foot didn't even touch Friedal. The ball is always in play once it leaves the goalkeepers hands.

What was Friedal doing anyways kicking that close to Henry? What goalkeeper would kick the ball with Thierry Henry next to him? He was not impeded, Friedal could have kicked the ball another way.

The law states that the ball is in the goalkeeper's possesion at all time up to it touching the ground. Therefore if TH touched the ball whilst Friedel was in the throes of kicking the ball from hand, he infringed the law!
Sitty law but what can you do?

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Henry should not be showing his frustrations like that. The delivery was poor but come on..who in our lineup can actually deliver a good cross? Gilberto did well...there was no blackburn traffic at all on that side. We got the right result.and I have realized i am getting more comfortable when we are up 1- 0 these days. We are mastering the art of winning ugly games. Keep it up.

Mark

Established Member
Gilberto has looked okay on the right in the past, but he didn't yesterday. I didn't even know Freddie was injured. It's nothing serious is it?

Jinn

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
Jasper said:

The law states that the ball is in the goalkeeper's possesion at all time up to it touching the ground. Therefore if TH touched the ball whilst Friedel was in the throes of kicking the ball from hand, he infringed the law!
Sitty law but what can you do?

So it would have been ok if Friedel had bounced the ball first?

A

Anonymous

Reyes was superb but looked really lightweight
reyes was far from superb. he couldnt pass for ****. he made some good runs and got into it abit towards the end, so hes showing promise. cant see how he was superb though !! paddy gave it away ALOT, edu was the most solid in our midfield and gilberto did nothing again !!!

A

Anonymous

you cant say "gilberto almost scored" and use it as a way to back him up and say he played well. notice the word ALMOST !! it was a one on one, that any of our other players would of put away - bobby,thierry,reyes,bergy,ljungberg,kolo,edu and even paddy would of all scored that chance. fair enough the keeper got a touch, but gilbeto missed another chance from that position, he missed 2 against chelsea in the league !! i really cant see how some people on here are saying his ALMOST SCORING is a good thing that he should get credit for !?!? thats a joke :|

The Mini

Almost scoring means that he has the potential to score stacks of goals but AW has to fine tune it. So yes, Almost scoring is a good thing.

Soler

Established Member
It would've gone in if Friedal didn't get a touch to it - nothing of Gilberto's fault. :?

Latest posts

Top Bottom