• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 15/01/05

beyondforever

chelsea are not a team who won 1-0 a lot. look at their recent record. they won often by 2-0, 3-0 etc and kept clean sheets too. so how can anyone say they have a solid defense. they also scored lots of goals. unlike us whose defense is terrible and can't scored goals when it needed. when they lose to city i believe many of us thought that they are going on a blip in form or we have a chance of winning the title but God knows that they keep going strong and winning. well we are ten points behind and history has told us that anything can still happen but hey i can't see it happening. this chelsea team is different. they have a manager who can win titles and worked miracles and he proved it by winning with a team which is not as big as arsenal.

Kyla

Kwame said:
Chelsea are not good?? That's the dumbest f****g statement I've seen on here.

Well then come out and crucify me too, b/c I am of the same sentiment. I don't rate Chelsea's football. I got more entertainment watching Arsenal trying to pass their way through Bolton last nite in 2-second spells than I have in watching Chelsea all season. They're a robust, mechanical side who work from the back. Wow! But and here's the but....winning games in unpretty fashion doesn't make you any less of a footballing outfit. So yes - they are good but good at the really effective!!

naveen

well most of the 51 goals were pre- man utd. after that its been really bad. we have to really defend each and every goal that we had scored... the comfort is no longer there...

kanuuu

Established Member
Kyla said:
Kwame said:
Chelsea are not good?? That's the dumbest f****g statement I've seen on here.

Well then come out and crucify me too, b/c I am of the same sentiment. I don't rate Chelsea's football. I got more entertainment watching Arsenal trying to pass their way through Bolton last nite in 2-second spells than I have in watching Chelsea all season. They're a robust, mechanical side who work from the back. Wow! But and here's the but....winning games in unpretty fashion doesn't make you any less of a footballing outfit. So yes - they are good but good at the really effective!!

It's not pretty but it doesn't mean they're not good!

Shomo

well well what can i say

yesterday was a very terrible day first of all liverpool played well but they couldn't utilize their chance against bloody man utd for f*ck sake,and then tottenham were more horrible than liverpool by losing against chelski

and finally i hate to say this arsenal has played the worst game i have ever seen for the past 2 years,and yes, wenger need to swallow his pride and sign edu up.
and for god sake can't wenger buy a hardcore midfielder that will cover up for gilberto,i mean we need to get someone like mascherano because that' the kind of player that will perfectly fit the bill for arsenal and also sure that he cost around 6.5m which we can afford.
i dunno what to say on this but wenger i think it's time to stop relying on young players,you should get some experience players that will help us challenge for the title and champions league

and one more thing i would hate to say this,the premiership trophy is already moving to stamford bridge and the only choice we had is to fight for the 2nd place against man utd ny being consistent

marco

am just wandering where all the people who were slating me for sticking up for lehmann and criticising almunia are now?

is he still good enough
what more does almunia have to do to get dropped?
i have never been for him getting into the team and his performance yesterday is the worst performance i have ever seen from an arsenal goalkeeper.

ok the rest of team were poor yesterday but we were 1-0 down cos of almunia

Mark

Established Member
Problem is, Lehmann won't do much better.

This is the biggest problem we have. We can't drop underperforming players because we have no one to come in and do better than them. And yet - will Wenger sign anyone? No!

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
goonerkads said:
We're leading scorers with 51 goals...

As we found out in 2002/2003 scoring freely doesn't mean jack when your defense is poor.

or indeed in 1998/1999 where conceding a record breaking 17 goals only wasnt enough to win the league. this year we'v come up against a chelsea side that have amassed the most points ever by this stage of season. they are comfortably surpassing our points tally of last year this stage, and we were unbeaten. all that money is finally paying off it seems because the obscene amounts is raising the bar by an obscene level.

n_henry

Chelsea have the most points ever at this stage of the championship? Holy feck! :eek:

They'll probably beat our 17 conceded goals from 98/99 too. Gawd I hate them.

As for Almunia v Lehmann - As Mark said, Lehmann won't do better than Almunia. They're just as good (or rather, as bad) as each other. Not good enough to be first choice for Arsenal.
Gah, I'm sick of the keeper debate. Don't know who we should play, and it looks like we don't have enough money for a top quality GK. :cry:

Chips&CurrySauce

Well this was our worst performance of the season.. We were shocking, especially in the second half.. We were so poor I had to switch off with about 10 minutes to go and I assure you I have never doen this before...

I was sick and tired of Henry losing possession all the time, and then smirking in that irritating way, for god's sake we were losing 1-0, it ain't ****ing funny.... Why doesn't Henry paly to his strengths any more???

We all know one of the most beautiful things in football is Henry running with the ball. His grace athleticism, balance and speed is beautiful but when was the last time we saw this from Henry????? I know he has scored goals this season but his form has been no where near the level we expect.. He seems to think he is some kind of play maker now... I'm getting sick and tired of his flicks and tricks which 8 times out of 10 don't come off.. On Sat whenever the ball went up to Henry our move would break down.... I just wish Wenger had the guts to substitute players like Patrick and Thierry when they are having a shocker!!!

michael_334

Originally posted by Allyboy:
[qoute]We will be back, we are not suddenly a s**t team, we are just a team which has struggled to match an incredible run by an excellent Chelsea team.

We need more from them certainly, but they need us too and it would be foolish to forget that.
[/qoute]

This is so true.

We need to get together. 2 good wins against Man U and Newcastle will give us what we had at the start of the season.

Chelsea needs to loose 2 or draw a few and we will be back in it. Chelsea can hit a bump...at the start of the season people were saying that we couldn’t loose form. Lads, keep in it. it doesn’t take much. When u see the lads at the game and their close to you yell out "keep at it son" if the players see u believing in them. They will believe in you.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom