• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Bournemouth v Arsenal | 3/1/17 | 7:45

Result?

• Third straight away loss, Arsenal style

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Victory

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Only just managed to see the highlights. Ok good comeback but Bournemouth could have scored 5 or 6, what an awful performance. Wenger complains about not having time in between the games but he picks the team and he decided to play all the attackers that played the last game. We have a goal machine sitting on the bench in Lucas and Wenger just complains his team are tired, well Arsène I'm tired too, tired of these lame excuses and tired of your selections.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Another poor game by my man Arsène.
Playing Giroud from the start was a huge mistake, obviously. Against teams who like to play football and wont park the bus, Giroud just aint the answer, especially knowing we did have an option to play Lucas.

Best proof for this was an impressive cameo by Spaniard, and totally invisible Oli until we went 3-0 down.
Thats when you need Giroud, when we are down and teams play it safe. Thats when game changed to his strenghts and once again he proved his class. But still, until that moment he was completely isolated.

Another tactical move that keeps repeating, and I just cant underatand it, is ignoring playing Alexis as AM when Özil isnt there.
20 year old kid is supposed to play that crucial postition, while a top class superstar is pushed wide where all he could do is send crosses in. Alexis pissed me really bad by always doing the same, but I blame Arsène there for pushing him wide. Last 15 minutes Chilean moved central by his will and changed everything.
I just dont get that...

Gabriel shouldnt have been dropped. Didnt deserve it. Instead, we played with Mustafi who just got back and Bellerin who was out for some time And needed a breather more then anybody else, bar Kosc.
Both Shkodran and Hector were our worst players on the pitch yeaterday, coincidence?

Wont even talk about ref, as their 2nd or 3rs goal shouldnt have stand, as they were identical bodychecks. If you called the first one (Xkaha's) then you gotta call the 2nd one also (on Bellerin). Huge mistake by ever non consistent English refs.

Poor, really poor game by Wenger. Just like those 2 losses weeks ago.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Can you point Velez Sarsfield on a map? Honestly....Chile may be easier though....Your football education is definitely in it infancy.
:lol::lol:
By the way, I thought i was on ignore?
My football education is good enough to understand Bielsa to Arsenal will never happen and if it did, won't last more than a season. He bottled the Lazio job even before starting let alone Arsenal. He has no bottle and will never succeed in European football. I knew Bilbao were losing against Atletico in the Europa league ages ago and the reasons too. My football understanding is just awesome like that.

WhatAFC

Really? Alexis, Giroud, Lucas, Theo, Ox and Iwobi aren't worse than Liverpools in anyway. Hell, if they were than its Wenger's poor judgement and squad building with a bigger budget, CL football to offer. Mane is one I'll give you that but Milner is playing a solid patch up job than anything more than a serious left back option.

Personally would take just Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino in our squad from their lot. We should still be better than them without any changes to the current squads.
Only we don't really have a bigger budget, Liverpools net spend over the last 3 years is: £123.2m. Our own is £98.2m.

People slam every player in our front line other than alexis. Hell, Lucas was given an average rating so far of 3 by the majority of this forum. People crucify giroud & Walcott constantly, while Ox has done nothing of note for any period of time his entire Arsenal career. Most were giving iwobi stick for not scoring enough goals when he's 20 and had played a massive 20 games for the club.

4R5Emaniac

Only we don't really have a bigger budget, Liverpools net spend over the last 3 years is: £123.2m. Our own is £98.2m.

People slam every player in our front line other than alexis. Hell, Lucas was given an average rating so far of 3 by the majority of this forum. People crucify giroud & Walcott constantly, while Ox has done nothing of note for any period of time his entire Arsenal career. Most were giving iwobi stick for not scoring enough goals when he's 20 and had played a massive 20 games for the club.
We definitely have a bigger budget overall factoring in the wages and to what length we go with it is a personal decision of the club. And more importantly its well know Liverpool overpaid for majority of those players. Overpaid by not just 1,2 or even 5m but hugely overpaid.

I'm a Giroud Defense League member. I love Alexis and Iwobi while I like Lucas' game so far. Haven't criticized Theo this season and Ox who have improved. I'm more trusting of my eyes to be honest.

Last edited:

WhatAFC

We definitely have a bigger budget overall factoring in the wages and to what length we with it is a personal decision of the club. And more importantly its well know Liverpool overpaid for majority of those players. Overpaid by not just 1,2 or even 5m but hugely overpaid.
So they have a bigger budget used for squad building then? Because we was talking about building squads and purchasing players?

BBF

Rubbish. Mignolet has hardly put a foot wrong this season, and their midfield is flying.

Their squad cost almost the same as ours and they lost 4-3 to Bournemouth. Their game against City was almost identical to ours, they completely folded in the second half . . but they were at home and City didn't get two off-side goals awarded.

They're only 3 points ahead over 19 games . . . and Klopp is brilliant and Wenger is complete and utter cack?

I'm sorry mate, but this argument is a terrible one.

Klopp hasn't been at Arsenal for 19 years, and had the luxury of putting out players from the youth system or had the time to find gems that took years to reach this level. Klopp also didn't have to buy a lot of the dross he has put out everyweek. Wenger got exactly who he wanted. There's a huge difference. Squad cost doesn't equate to footballing ability.

4R5Emaniac

So they have a bigger budget used for squad building then? Because we was talking about building squads and purchasing players?
Wages come into the budget and transfers but I admit I don't know the exact difference between us in wages. We weren't talking about squad building and purchasing players but comparing the current standings of both the squads and managers as they are at the moment. Our is miles better overall. You said their forwards were better to which I disagreed because imo we do have better. You put forward arguments about how our forwards are perceived but I said I only mostly trust my eyes over things like that and stick to my judgment.

EDIT- And you put forward the net spend argument. I don't get it because it doesn't mean their players or squad are better or worse than us. Football doesn't work like that and you can't analyze players over what price the factors in negotiations dictate.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm sorry mate, but this argument is a terrible one.

Klopp hasn't been at Arsenal for 19 years, and had the luxury of putting out players from the youth system or had the time to find gems that took years to reach this level. Klopp also didn't have to buy a lot of the dross he has put out everyweek. Wenger got exactly who he wanted. There's a huge difference. Squad cost doesn't equate to footballing ability.
You're right, squad cost doesn't equal footballing ability. But it does correlate with it massively. And as far as I can tell the best measure we have . . better than wages and a huge improvement over opinion.

If you want to compare managers, which everybody on here loves to do, then what else is there mate? It's meaningless if you can't take the squad ability into account.

Your time based argument is valid of course, Wenger has had opportunities not afforded to Klopp. But Wenger hasn't necessarily got who he wanted. If he'd had Mourinho's budget the likes of Pogba and others could well have been on the radar.

grim_tales1

It was a good comeback for sure but if we were tired as Wenger says why did we play like **** for 70 minutes and suddenly turn up in the last 20? Some of our play was terrible and Bournemouth should have won easily (based on the 1st half).

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It was a good comeback for sure but if we were tired as Wenger says why did we play like **** for 70 minutes and suddenly turn up in the last 20? Some of our play was terrible and Bournemouth should have won easily (based on the 1st half).

Well because when you are fatigued and stiff from playing often usually translates into taking awhile in finding your level in the next match.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Doubt they have much idea of how much added time & time in general passing when knackered in a loud stadium.

Half the players running back had been **** for 92 minutes & just a token effort.

Enfield

Established Member
Am I the only one who is actually more annoyed by how easy it is to predict our mistakes than the actual mistakes themselves.

At 1-0 down we were all hoping we get into the game soon. Then you realise that Giroud is only of use with wide players. The Ox stank again and Alexis is more predictable than Wenger.

Then we leave in a second which was coming and our first thoughts are how far does Wenger let this go before he does something about it. My guess would have been 70 mins, with him citing that he has faith in his players and trusted them to get back into it.

We then bring on Lucas and play him wide and low and behold we kick it up a gear. Why o why are we taking Alexis out from the CF position when he was on fire to go back to our lethargic predictable build up

It frustrates everyone associated with the club and gives confidence to all our opponents. Our current set-up is doing the exact opposite of what it is supposed to be doing.

Marmaduke

Its worth pointing out that Giroud has absolutely nothing to do with us conceding 3 goals, doesn't matter what our "fluidity" or shape up top is -- defense is a separate matter.

Cringy celebration aside he played well and produced numbers so lets criticize things worth criticizing (Wenger, Bellerin, Ramsey, ect.)

*** Also as a side note that celebration did p**** me off. Alexis is right to be fed up with this mediocre attitude. The whole league was laughing at last year after all those pictures after beating Leicester.***

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Giroud was amazing at the end there but his celebration as has been pointed out by a few already sent the message to Bournemouth that we were OK with the draw, what happened after was that a 10 man Bournemouth wrested back the initiative with still a couple of minutes to go and actually looked more likely to score the winner than we did.

It was a shocking response by the team after equalising. Bournemouth were FINISHED, and all we had to do was to keep piling on the pressure and I'm pretty confident we could have nicked a winner.

WhatAFC

Wages come into the budget and transfers but I admit I don't know the exact difference between us in wages. We weren't talking about squad building and purchasing players but comparing the current standings of both the squads and managers as they are at the moment. Our is miles better overall. You said their forwards were better to which I disagreed because imo we do have better. You put forward arguments about how our forwards are perceived but I said I only mostly trust my eyes over things like that and stick to my judgment.

EDIT- And you put forward the net spend argument. I don't get it because it doesn't mean their players or squad are better or worse than us. Football doesn't work like that and you can't analyze players over what price the factors in negotiations dictate.
You said:

Hell, if they were than its Wenger's poor judgement and squad building with a bigger budget.

The above is not talking about squad building, purchasing players & suggesting we have a bigger budget for that compared to Liverpool?

Squad quality and money spent generally goes hand in hand. I don't believe ours is miles better by any stretch and their position now and the fact they've come closer to winning the league much more recently than ourselves probably shows that.

grim_tales1

The Giroud equaliser is bad for Arsenal in many ways.
1. False belief that all is well.
2. False belief that Giroud can lead the lines. Put Alexis back as lone striker and bring in Lucas with Iwobi on the flanks. Mesut back as 10.
Ramsey should be loaned out before the window closes.
3. Arsenal cannot have a decent game when Ramsey starts in this current form.
4. Alexis is frustrated like every good Arsenal fan. He can see the chances we are having, but cannot understand why players like Ramsey, Giroud keep letting him down.

I can understand the point on Ramsey, but Giroud.. if it hadnt been for him we would have lost the game. I get that Alexis is pissed off/disappointed at the result though.
As for the Giroud celebration, he just equalised when it looked like we'd lose and set up the two goals - of course he's going to celebrate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom