• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton and Hove Albion vs Arsenal | December 26th | KO: 17:15 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

-7419276876854664938.jpg
latest

Premier-League-logo-2016-640x480.png

Right well first and foremost, I hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Brighton away, in my opinion will be very tough. I'd like to see a similar line up as we went today but hopefully Mustafi is back (lol) and Xhaka can stay at CM.

No idea what we do with Torreira as if he's booked he'll miss Liverpool and that will be dumb af. Leave him on the bench imo or give him a first half.

Özil should start but don't think he will.

Arsenal 2 - 1.

COYG

May add to this later if I can be bothered.

say yes

forum master baiter
Tricky fixture, especially given the short turnaround. Had one of the best records against the big 6 at home last year which included beating us.

They haven't been doing so well this time around but have already beaten United there.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Aubameyang should get a rest before Liverpool. Explain to him that he isn't being dropped and leave him on the bench. Özil has hardly played so should start if he's up for it and that would give Emery an excuse to bench him against Liverpool "He played two games in quick succession and want him to ease him back in etc etc".

I'm not sure how Xhaka is holding up, I don't like him but he's a bit of an ironman for us as I think he played 38 league games last year or the year before. He had some record for consecutive league starts for us during his time here so I think he should be fine on the injury front. I suppose we have no choice but to start AMN but Torreira should start this one from the bench as well.

I'll come up with a starting XI later on but for now. Auba and Torreira on the bench. Emery can do what he likes otherwise. Maybe put Kolasinac on the bench too since the Serbian seems to be made of glass and we need him for Anfield especially with Monreal getting a new injury every week it seems.

HBL

Established Member
You know we need a cb when we're desperate for Mustafi to come back. Torreira can't really play now, so we've kind of screwed ourselves there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No Luis Dunk is very good news for us auba and Lacazzete if they play together giuhg to have more freedom. I do hope emery play with same formation.
Leno
Niles Sokratis Musti Kola
Matteo Torreira Xhaka
Özil
Lacazzete Auba

VancouverCanuck

I’d put out our strongest 11 for this game. Call me a pessimist but I don’t expect getting anything away at Liverpool. So 3 pts here is a must.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Brighton have taken a bit of a knock recently, lost 3 in a row and Dunk out is a bonus. We have to win games like this if we have hope of top 4. We should have too much for them and hopefully Elneny gets an extended Christmas break.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Absolutely not.

Yeah, Liverpool is a massive game for us. It will be interesting to see how Emery uses the squad with such a short break between games and our current injury woes.

Hopefully we get through this, Pool and Fullham mostly intact (hahahahahahahahaha) so we can rest some players for the Blackpool game.

I'd maybe even get Nelson back in from loan.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wouldn't risk Torreira. Otherwise start our best 11 and syart fast and try to win and manage the game.
Leno
Mustafi Sok Kos
AMN Xhaka Douzi Kola
Ramsey Özil Auba
Laca
There's energy,creativity and goals in that team. It's about time we smashed a team nice and early. COYG.

HBL

Established Member
Yeah, Liverpool is a massive game for us. It will be interesting to see how Emery uses the squad with such a short break between games and our current injury woes.

Hopefully we get through this, Pool and Fullham mostly intact (hahahahahahahahaha) so we can rest some players for the Blackpool game.

I'd maybe even get Nelson back in from loan.
Yeah I'd also recall Nelson unless we're planning to bring in a winger in January.

Most of the squad should be fine to play 3 games a week, I think it will be more 1-2 subtle changes in the Brighton/Fulham games whilst going full strength against Pool. The games against the lower sides are arguably even more important than the big games at the minute, we can't afford to slip up like we did again Southampton.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I wouldn't risk Torreira, he's one card away from missing the Pool game.

This will be a difficult match with same ****ty tactics as Huddersfiled and Burnley. Agressive, "get in our faces" approach and hoping for long balls and set-pieces.

Plus Houghton has a knack of pulling a good result vs. us.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Don't play Torreira. Dunk a big loss for them. Hopefully Mustafi or some other defender back.

Despite injuries at the back we have a bigger squad than them and have played the same day so freshen up the starting line-up with Ramsey and either Iwobi or Mkhitaryan.

Look at Murray's points on Fantasy League. It's bot just against us that he delivers!

We should and will win. And that could well put us at least 4th for the game at Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom