• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton and Hove Albion vs Arsenal | December 26th | KO: 17:15 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This Jan window coming up reminds me of the summer we only bought Cech. We are crying out for a CB and winger, everyone including my mum knows Arsenal need that. Even if it's one or two on loan we need it for CL as I think we'll fall short without incomings.

Yeah I’m getting those vibes too. Although I think CM may be more important than defender even.

At the minute we get overrun so easily, Torreira and Guendouzi can’t withstand a press at all. We desperately need a Cazorla type who can play well under pressure. I think it’d help the back four out a lot, we can’t keep a control of the game at all right now.

The links to Fornals and Banega are making a lot of sense to me.

Manberg

Predator
We are not Barcelona either, though. We do not have any proper backup, our squad is already paper thin, and it's also a financial disaster if we drop our highest earner (which is not gonna help our chances of making decent money out of him in the summer either).

Ok, Mesut is an overpaid underperformer, but this is what Emery has to get the best out of at the moment. Long-term is a different story of course.

Emery has to make his selections based on what works best for the team, it's not about who gets paid the most money.

HBL

Established Member
This Jan window coming up reminds me of the summer we only bought Cech. We are crying out for a CB and winger, everyone including my mum knows Arsenal need that. Even if it's one or two on loan we need it for CL as I think we'll fall short without incomings.
Sven & Raul aren't mugs, I think we'll sign at least one player.

progman07

Established Member
Emery has to make his selections based on what works best for the team, it's not about who gets paid the most money.
Does he have better options though? It's not like Iwobi, Mkhytartian and co are close to performing on the level of (an underperforming) Özil. If they were creating chances and scoring goals for fun, then of course Özil should be dropped regardless of what he earns. But we depend on our fullbacks creating something and Auba taking his few chances to win games.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I’m getting those vibes too. Although I think CM may be more important than defender even.

At the minute we get overrun so easily, Torreira and Guendouzi can’t withstand a press at all. We desperately need a Cazorla type who can play well under pressure. I think it’d help the back four out a lot, we can’t keep a control of the game at all right now.

The links to Fornals and Banega are making a lot of sense to me.

Yeah I see that, ideally we buy a winger and one of those two, then loan a CB. Can't imagine we'll buy 3.

Also thought we dominated Liverpools midfield with just Lucas and Xhaka so I could handle not buying a CM.

Manberg

Predator
Does he have better options though? It's not like Iwobi, Mkhytartian and co are close to performing on the level of (an underperforming) Özil. If they were creating chances and scoring goals for fun, then of course Özil should be dropped regardless of what he earns. But we depend on our fullbacks creating something and Auba taking his few chances to win games.

I would say Ramsey. I know we were pretty awful last season but people seem to forget that he was our player of the season. His quality is unquestionable and I'm sure he will move on to a big club in the summer. The guy's on top of his game and in the little time he had today he was one of the few who tried to make things happen in the second half. So many posters here seem to have a hate Ramsey agenda for whatever reason.

Harsh on both Torreira and Sokratis. Both have been resounding successes for the actual outlay.

We need to be buying players every window for me, especially seen as we’re definitely going to need to sign a Ramsey replacement this summer.

Buying 5 players in the summer makes it harder for the team to gel, get some in now like a new winger and a midfielder who won’t need time next year.

Hope we are just gonna buy 2-3 star quality next summer. Less is more. We have enough dross as it is!

How do we know? We can't judge the manager that squad isn't his
Yes I can, based on his tactics these days which have been really horrendous in most instances!
Yesterday's substitutions especially subbing off lacazette and retaining four midfielders on the pitch really was testament to his tactical naivety. Just maybe he is so used to middle sized clubs and non-elite players that he doesn't know what to do for big club and big players!

I don't really recall him making title promises to the fans during his first interview unlike his Liverpool counterpart who said he'd bring the title in four years! (Please correct me if I'm wrong here)
Say what you will but Brighton's first half was really poor and we ought to have absolutely drubbed them yesterday. Only a +3 scoreline would have been acceptable for me even if we had won. Not that **** that we witnessed!

I know you will tell me that the players are not his and all but I disagree cos half the 11 yesterday was his! Together with Auba, Laca and Özil you would argue that he should get something from the game yesterday against dross like Brighton!

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Genuinely don't know what some of you watch sometimes. Guen was very good. Always has his head up and looks to go forward when he can.

Guen didn’t play well at all but you could see his endeavour and urgency. A 19 year old rookie in his debut season who shows initiative is taking more flak than internationals who are hiding behind safe and slow passing :lol:

Only on A-M.

It’s clear to see our problem is a lack of width, pace and movement in the final third. We cannot continue to rely on fullbacks to compensate and not get exposed the other way.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don’t think dropping him is the issue, it’s the fact that he’s being dropped and replaced by players who are just as worse. Özil might pick out a pass regardless of how **** he’s playing, Iwobi wouldn’t.

You won’t pick out anything if you aren’t fighting for the ball. I don’t think Özil’s “eye for a pass” is of any value when he can’t be spoonfed the ball. Özil doesn’t lose 50/50s, he loses 70/30s.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
What have I been watching. I'm mad. Absolutely pissed off. There was zero urgency all game long. We could only play tippy tappy backwards and no one was good or confident enough to play and receive the ball between the lines. Pathetic!

Then Emery. Why the **** would you take Özil off and Lacazette after him. Yes he pisses me off as well with his lackadaisical attitude, but he's the only one remotely capable of doing something in terms of chance creation. This is on him for a big part.

Lastly.. some of our players. Dear **** I know they haven't bought themselves but what are some doing here? Mentally weak and technically questionable. Yes we have a lot of injuries but we couldn't take the game to ****ing Brighton. After they've lost 3 in a row. We lost to Southampton, who hadn't won a ****ing game in ages!

You see the likes of Iwobi, Lichtsteiner, AMN coming on.. What are they doing at the so called super club in 2013 by Gazidis? Auba is the quality we need all over the pitch, but we have mediocrity in too many positions.

And now we're 7 points behind Sp**s, having beaten them not so long ago. **** me. We are ****ting the bed. Again.

Get things going in the transfermarket Unai!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom