• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal | March 4, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,205
  • Views 110,035

Who angers you the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You guys are really falling for that Cech tweet, exactly the intended effect. He’s a veteran, don’t let him play you like that. If he really wants to earn out respect, why not stop doing what he’s doing wrong or tell us all he can’t cut it anymore and go home?

SupremeClientele

I've been emotionless the last few weeks but something about today made me fume. Maybe I expect too much from this team.

It's because we got outplayed by a **** team, and for once no one can think of any excuses. When we lose to Citeh, the reply is "well, they are top of the league. They are fantastic right now." But what's the excuse for this? A loss to Brighton? We even should have been down to 10 men. With the ref's help we still couldn't equalise. Everyone can see that we not only lack passion, but also actual genuine talent. You're fuming because today you saw us for who we truly are, and you can't run from it. It's staring you right in the face.

Linson

This club has been quietly neglected by the board and Wenger for years now. I posted in the summer how this season was going to be a disaster and how January was the most important window we've ever had. I'm not being boastful, I'm not the only one who spotted this, thousands of gooners everywhere have seen it happening. We've been lucky in previous seasons to finish where we have at times.

How can a professional football club only have one right back?
How can a professional football club, who play three central midfielders, only have four central midfielders?
How can a professional football club, with heaps of international footballers, be unable to string a few passes or muster a few shots on target in 90 minutes against a club with barely any internationals?
How can a professional football club place so much faith in average players for year after year, then get rid of them and not replace them?

We barely have any players to pick from at the moment, from the front to the back. The squad is paper thin and our starting XI isn't good enough.

You reap what you sow. The club has been neglected by the board and manager for years now and it's all coming out. We actually deserve this, to think anything else is arrogance.

Wow, I actually feel a bit better getting that off my chest....

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This club has been quietly neglected by the board and Wenger for years now. I posted in the summer how this season was going to be a disaster and how January was the most important window we've ever had. I'm not being boastful, I'm not the only one who spotted this, thousands of gooners everywhere have seen it happening. We've been lucky in previous seasons to finish where we have at times.

How can a professional football club only have one right back?
How can a professional football club, who play three central midfielders, only have four central midfielders?
How can a professional football club, with heaps of international footballers, be unable to string a few passes or muster a few shots on target in 90 minutes against a club with barely any internationals?
How can a professional football club place so much faith in average players for year after year, then get rid of them and not replace them?

We barely have any players to pick from at the moment, from the front to the back. The squad is paper thin and our starting XI isn't good enough.

You reap what you sow. The club has been neglected by the board and manager for years now and it's all coming out. We actually deserve this, to think anything else is arrogance.

Wow, I actually feel a bit better getting that off my chest....
The squad was actually too big at the start of the season, we got rid of 7 players in January. The problem was and still is that our squad is full of average players. We’ve got 30 first team players including the guys out on loan, I personally rate about 10 of them - not all as starters.

HBL

Established Member
Excluding youngsters, there’s only 9 players I’d keep;

Aubameyang
Mkhi
Lacazette
Özil
Koscielny
Wilshere
Ramsey
Bellerin
Monreal

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Excluding youngsters, there’s only 9 players I’d keep;

Aubameyang
Mkhi
Lacazette
Özil
Koscielny
Wilshere
Ramsey
Bellerin
Monreal

Why Wilshere and not Xhaka? The former has hardly been superior.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Everything has gone wrong since Theo left.

He was the glue that held the dressing room together.

We tried telling everyone that. No one would ****ing listen!

We have no width left on a serious note. I remember when I got slated for pointing out Theo is doing the right thing by remaining on the edge of the game.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You guys are really falling for that Cech tweet, exactly the intended effect. He’s a veteran, don’t let him play you like that. If he really wants to earn out respect, why not stop doing what he’s doing wrong or tell us all he can’t cut it anymore and go home?
Him and Wenger have to speak. Either Wenger tells him it’s enough and Ospina will play or Cech tells Wenger he can’t do it anymore.

But looking at how things are here, both will probably have a “it’ll be ok in the next game” attitude.

Cech has been poor since last season, guys like Fabianski were dropped for much less but Wenger obviously likes Cech too much. Wenger is blinded here, by reputation or a promise of first team football that Cech wanted before coming here.

Linson

The squad was actually too big at the start of the season, we got rid of 7 players in January. The problem was and still is that our squad is full of average players. We’ve got 30 first team players including the guys out on loan, I personally rate about 10 of them - not all as starters.

I agree with what you've said in a way...

I don't think we can count the youngsters, including AMN, who was yet to be trusted in September.
Players like Debuchy, who were good players, clearly weren't rated by Wenger and simply not used.

If we look at the squad for a moment...

GK
Cech
Ospina

Def
Holding
Chambers

Monreal
Bellerin
Mustafi
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Kolasinac

Midfielders
Wilshere
Ramsey
Cazorla
Xhaka
Elneny

Attackers
Özil
Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Welbeck

Aubameyang
Lacazette

Everyone bolded either is perma-injured, retiring or not performing adequately.
These guys can't be relied upon and shouldn't be counted in the squad and therefore all need to be moved on, either in the form of a loan or a transfer.

Our business in January in terms of outgoings was a disaster and has left us dangerously short in player numbers for positions. Outrageous management.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Him and Wenger have to speak. Either Wenger tells him it’s enough and Ospina will play or Cech tells Wenger he can’t do it anymore.

But looking at how things are here, both will probably have a “it’ll be ok in the next game” attitude.

Cech has been poor since last season, guys like Fabianski were dropped for much less but Wenger obviously likes Cech too much. Wenger is blinded here, by reputation or a promise of first team football that Cech wanted before coming here.
I don’t believe in the promise of first team football. How would that work? Well he’s costing my 500M club points but hey I promised him first team football so....

Wenger must not rate Ospina that much. And probably doesn’t want to kick Cech out based on his long and great career.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How this game will unfold:

We come out positive and create a few chances and dominate possession the first fifteen. Then Xhaka will lose the ball because his body position is wrong and he doesn't see the player coming from behind. As we scramble to regain the ball we will be so obsessed with the ball that we miss the run in behind us. 1-0.

After we concede we will try to get back in the game and create another couple of chances, but our impatience and lack of balance makes us vulnerable to counters and in the 18th minute they counter and yet again we fail to track the run in behind.

For the rest of the half we struggle to create anything, but also regain some defensive control.

In the second half we come out positive and are finally rewarded with the 2-1 goal in the 60th minute. For the rest of the half we will press for the second goal, but miss, miss and miss. In the 88th minute we will be hit on the counter again and 3-1 will be the final score.
Very very close. You've been a fan of this sh!t show for too long now. You deserve better. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom