• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton vs Arsenal | Saturday June 20th | KO: 15:00 | BT Sports

Result?

• Brighton Win

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The midfield is the major problem in this team. Part of it is personnel and part of it is the manager. We have major issues. I wont go to deep on it as I'd like to see the Southampton game to see I'd he resolves it, but two points.

The first is -the players did not fall asleep on the corner, we set up the same way before it and after it. There are multiple times for Arteta to address it and he doesn't. It's simply his fault.

The second- we cant build up play. Look at the following passing combinations from highest to lowest.

Kola to holding
Holding to kola
Holding to mustafi
Mustafi to holding
Mustafi to pepe
Bellerin to mustafi
Martinez to holding
Guendouzi to mustafi
Bellerin to ceballos
Kola to saka
Kola to guendouzi
Pepe to bellerin
Ceballos to auba
Pepe to mustafi
Guendouzi to holding
Holding to Martinez
Ceballos to guendouzi 6 passes
Guendouzi to ceballos 5 passes
Guendouzi to saka 4 passes
Ceballos to pepe 2 passes
Ceballos to saka 1

The midfield barely pass to each other let alone any of the forwards. We try and progress the ball down the wings but cant. It's actually pathetic.

moloso

The midfield is the major problem in this team. Part of it is personnel and part of it is the manager. We have major issues. I wont go to deep on it as I'd like to see the Southampton game to see I'd he resolves it, but two points.

The first is -the players did not fall asleep on the corner, we set up the same way before it and after it. There are multiple times for Arteta to address it and he doesn't. It's simply his fault.

The second- we cant build up play. Look at the following passing combinations from highest to lowest.

Kola to holding
Holding to kola
Holding to mustafi
Mustafi to holding
Mustafi to pepe
Bellerin to mustafi
Martinez to holding
Guendouzi to mustafi
Bellerin to ceballos
Kola to saka
Kola to guendouzi
Pepe to bellerin
Ceballos to auba
Pepe to mustafi
Guendouzi to holding
Holding to Martinez
Ceballos to guendouzi 6 passes
Guendouzi to ceballos 5 passes
Guendouzi to saka 4 passes
Ceballos to pepe 2 passes
Ceballos to saka 1

The midfield barely pass to each other let alone any of the forwards. We try and progress the ball down the wings but cant. It's actually pathetic.

It's been this way for a long time tbf to Arteta. It's frustrating as all it takes is for someone to show a bit of confidence and frankly, some pride to try and hold onto the ball and commit an opposition player and you can get something going but it's like everyone ****s their pants and wants to play a safe pass.

It's not even playing against an active press - city literally just stood everyone in our half and we totally shut down.

Looking back at the City game and I think it will help having a fitter Tierney, he looks like he is willing to carry the ball and actually hold onto it. Same obviously with Saka there. Unfortunately, no other defenders have the ability or confidence to do similar other than (maybe) Luiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom