• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Sunday February, 2 | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower2540

Firstly I don't play Fifa I play pes.

Secondly, they share some similarities. They both need freedom, both left footed, both lack defensive application.

Pepe would play the role differently. A bit like Alexis. He will lose the ball loads, but something will come off. Rather that then watch Özil disappear for 90 mins in another away game.

Off topic but the state of football games now is so depressing. Think both PES and FIFA are garbage now.

Anyway, think we’ve beaten Burnley in every game we’ve played them since they were last promoted right?? So we’ll more than likely draw

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Özil better show up in this game! He keeps on being picked and puts in at best very average performances. If he has little or no impact this game and his AM fanboys come out to defend him would just be too much back to the good old Emery days...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sure Lacazette will be dropped when a replacement steps up but right now attacking players stretched if Arteta starting three.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A number 10 has to be either a hard working attacking midfielder, a creative playmaker who sits in the hole, or a support striker. Pepe is neither. His best position is on the wing where he can dribble past players before crossing or cutting inside.

That's your opinion, but I would like a 10 to be able to problem solve. Be able to dribble, shoot, pass and make runs beyond. Rivaldo comes to mind.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hope Laca constantly dropping into the space Özil usually occupies doesn't have a negative impact on Özil today. Have a CF effectively playing as a false 9 and having a natural number 10 is a bit counter-intuitive.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli has a rubbish barber

nas7232

I'm glad laca keeps position. Once he hits form he scores a decent amount of goals and links play well. He does alot of work tracking back and keeps better possession than pepe. It's good martinelli is rewarded with a start too. Happy with the line up with pepe making a good sub option

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not convinced about this lineup against Burnley away. Dyche will have his players kick the crap out of us to start and no PL ref will stop that.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Would be so exciting with a stellar performance here man, then 2 weeks off, where Arteta can make these useless ****s even better, before we go on to destroy everyone on our path for the rest of the season...:drool:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Anyone find it interesting that Pablo isn't involved at all? Cedric is injured so thats obvious, I think Pablo should have at least been on the bench.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is that sanchez, Henry and rivaldo you used now as to why pepe should be number 10?

I'm just saying it's worth trying him there. He finds spaces between the lines quite well, retains the ball well and teams double up on him. He needs freedom to thrive. Pin him to the wing and watch him get smashed every week till he picks up a serious injury. I'd rather he float around to be honest.

Would be good if he repays the faith today with a goal.

Looks like Arteta is trying to get underperforming players to feel important, given the likes of Mustafi and Guendouzi are in there too.

I think Arteta is just testing him self. If he can make Mustafi and Lacazette slightly relevant until end of the season he can do pretty much anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom