• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Sunday February, 2 | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Mikel has done a really good job making us more organised, solid and harder to beat but he has one hell of a job on his hands to fix our attacking play. While on the face of it our defence seemed our biggest issue I always felt that it was just a question of getting more structure and discipline. Our creativity and attacking problems go far deeper.

Only Laca and Auba scored any significant numbers last season, our 3rd highest scorers in the league had 6, tellingly those players were Mkhi and Ramsey who are both no longer here and their goals haven't been replaced. It has been a long standing problem and is going to need good recruitment and a lot of patience to resolve.

ArsenalFever

The problem in attack may be egotistical but it's evident there's a lack of creativity too, relying on players such as Willock to come off the bench and have an impact is also the evidence of lack of depth, first and foremost, the young guns at the club arn't enough for the level the fans demand, including Guendouzi. Martinelli is a breath of fresh air but can't rely on him having outstanding performances week in week out when there's not much functioning in terms of creativity.

Aubamayang makes good runs and has good movement but rarely makes a positive impact on matches unless he scores, that is a big issue imo and someone at the club needs to stand up and address it.

Lacazette seems not to know he's best position, always seems to play as a free roam forward, I think he could be an effective winger but doubt that will happen.

Guendouzi is good on the ball but hasn't shown much substance, Torreira should be starting ahead of him, I think he's miles ahead in terms of productivity.

There's a reason we loaned Ceballos right.... So where was he on the pitch today.

I for one see the positive signs Arteta has had on the group in terms of organisation and stability, but the team looked kinda disjointed with Auba in there today. To much emphasis.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That was about as bad as it's been under Arteta, apart from the first 15 minutes or so. Not sure the 4 at the front is working, they threaten when they get the ball but they rarely do get it.

Need to beef up that midfield.

More disgusting refereeing. 3-1 yellows to us is risible, and the vintage refereeing which allows them to break up our attack in injury time and then prevent us from taking it quickly so the guy can have a word with their player (a word... in the 92nd minute), without showing them a yellow, is just punishing us twice for their crime. Pathetic.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That was about as bad as it's been under Arteta, apart from the first 15 minutes or so. Not sure the 4 at the front is working, they threaten when they get the ball but they rarely do get it.

Need to beef up that midfield.

More disgusting refereeing. 3-1 yellows to us is risible, and the vintage refereeing which allows them to break up our attack in injury time and then prevent us from taking it quickly so the guy can have a word with their player (a word... in the 92nd minute), without showing them a yellow, is just punishing us twice for their crime. Pathetic.
This ref is a gap-toothed c*nt. Was the one that didn't send off Jorginho. Has a habit of doing that useless talk and not adding on time.

Manberg

Predator
Arsenal was actually pretty good in the first half but the second period was a different story.

Xhaka was bossing midfield in the first half. Forced to leftback when Saka came off because we don't have a leftback on the bench.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Xhaka was bossing midfield in the first half. Forced to leftback when Saka came off because we don't have a leftback on the bench.

Cant believe we didnt have someone on the bench that could somewhat play at fullback. AMN would have been perfect today.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The only hope I have is to tell myself that new manager bounce will only lure us into a false sense of security and it’s not really what we need... but really I know this club is finished unless we get a oil money takeover

It's finished regardless of an oligarch takeover.

We've neither the squad nor board capable of displaying ruthless efficiency needed to succeed in the modern game.

Occasionally flirting with Top 4 is about as good as it'll be for the foreseeable future.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Could Torerria really not have played LB for 45 minutes? Xhaka really was controlling that midfield.

AMN, if not injured is a massive black mark against Arteta. A sub that covers multiple area.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Can I just say that, despite the strong competition, Dyche is probably the worst cnut managing a premiership team at the moment? The right balance between thug, cheat and whinger. The bully who complains the minute someone stands up to him. Filth.
Him and Burnley are the replacement for Allardyce/Bolton and Pulis/Stoke. I'd love them to be relegated.

Manberg

Predator
Could Torerria really not have played LB for 45 minutes? Xhaka really was controlling that midfield.

AMN, if not injured is a massive black mark against Arteta. A sub that covers multiple area.

It's not just about Xhaka; whether Xhaka or Torreira goes in at left back, that would mean they are there for purely defensive roles and we sacrificed the attacking potential of having a fast left back who can overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom