• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Sunday February, 2 | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Squarely on Arteta today. No way Guendouzi, Özil and Lacazette should be starting. 3 players who aren’t good enough and it pushes Auba out of position. Pretty worried about Arteta already.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Squarely on Arteta today. No way Guendouzi, Özil and Lacazette should be starting. 3 players who aren’t good enough and it pushes Auba out of position. Pretty worried about Arteta already.

Arteta has balanced our defence but he needs to do the same with our midfield and attack. I'm confused why we think a number 10 who cannot drop into midfield when required is more important than a 3rd proper midfielder who has the mobility to link defence and attack. We are also playing strikers on both wings to accommodate someone whose confidence is completely shot.

More bravery all round is needed.

Jakarta

It's finished regardless of an oligarch takeover.

We've neither the squad nor board capable of displaying ruthless efficiency needed to succeed in the modern game.

Occasionally flirting with Top 4 is about as good as it'll be for the foreseeable future.

That’s the sad reality for the once mighty Arsenal.

Everyone who plays against us must fancy their chances.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta need to do right thing and play tean that fit into system clearly Özil laca been off form they don't need to start that'll will force auba and Martinelli to play in positions they not suited for it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That video I posted from the Burnley away match in 2015, just reaffirms how I miss Coquelin, and he is better than all our current midfielders...has the stamina and power to run for the whole game, and despite people saying he isn't good enough on the ball, I saw supposed deep lying playmakers like Xhaka and especially Guendouzi constantly give the ball away today.

I really hate how midfield atm, begging Arteta to change it!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Can I just say that, despite the strong competition, Dyche is probably the worst cnut managing a premiership team at the moment? The right balance between thug, cheat and whinger. The bully who complains the minute someone stands up to him. Filth.

Without doubt the worst.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
That video I posted from the Burnley away match in 2015, just reaffirms how I miss Coquelin, and he is better than all our current midfielders...has the stamina and power to run for the whole game, and despite people saying he isn't good enough on the ball, I saw supposed deep lying playmakers like Xhaka and especially Guendouzi constantly give the ball away today.

I really hate how midfield atm, begging Arteta to change it!

Xhaka didn't really give the ball away a lot?

He had a 90% successful passrate. Won multiple headers, had multiple clearances out of our box, created 1 big chance and even dribbled past an opponent for once. Edit: Was never dipossesed as well.

He had a really decent game.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It is highly unrealistic to expect Mikel to be able to fix a leaky defence, an undisciplined midfield and a malfunctioning attack at the same time, especially with an unbalanced squad that is lacking in quality. I am just happy that one of three has improved significantly (defence). Once we are consistently solid and drilled at the back then he move on to the next problem.

It's going to take time and plenty more difficult and frustrating games like today, patience people.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It is highly unrealistic to expect Mikel to be able to fix a leaky defence, an undisciplined midfield and a malfunctioning attack at the same time, especially with an unbalanced squad that is lacking in quality. I am just happy that one of three has improved significantly (defence). Once we are consistently solid and drilled at the back then he move on to the next problem.

It's going to take time and plenty more difficult and frustrating games like today, patience people.
The problem most fans these days don't have patience i think we'll see more improvement after the break Artera will have tow weeks with squad to sort some things out

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I find it odd how we are so scared to lose possession. Watching this game, the amount of times a player can play the ball over the top or down the side for Martinelli or Auba was countless. They made a lot of runs and Gauendouzi and Özil simply did not risk the ball over the top. Xhaka and Luiz played one each. It was on all the time.

We are not smart. We don't turn teams and we encourage pressure by stupid decisions. We also kill our own momentum by stupid decisions.

TimT

He is one to talk about the state of the game.

Why don't you sign and play some non white players for a change...you bald, ginger, racist prick!

Woww, I checked out the line up and I noticed they had only one black player on the bench! I don't think every team must have a few black players in its roster but I 'd like to know, is it your opinion or do others also think it is because Sean Dyche is racist? I am just curious.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Our attacking options are super weird to be honest - we've got 4 CFs in Auba, Laca, Nketiah and Martinelli, we've got Reiss, Özil and Willock who are good as AM, we've got Martinelli, Reiss and Saka as LW options, but only Saka is really natural in that position and is a LB now. We've got Pepe for the RW spot, but I see him best centrally.

This whole thing is so so unbalanced.
Today's front three was a real showcase of that - we play 2 CFs as wingers.

Huge problem.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Our squad is grossly unbalanced and technically this is the worst arsenal team I've ever witnessed. The likes of Mersin, parlour, Smith, limpar, wright could all control the ball and play a simple 5 yard pass.

Neither auba or Laca were able to do either. At least with auba he scores but laca is simply the most useless player I've seen at the club since chamakh.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta made a comment about the grass being long and not watered. He didn't use it as an excuse but noted that it made things more difficult.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

More disgusting refereeing. 3-1 yellows to us is risible, and the vintage refereeing which allows them to break up our attack in injury time and then prevent us from taking it quickly so the guy can have a word with their player (a word... in the 92nd minute), without showing them a yellow, is just punishing us twice for their crime. Pathetic.
It started with that Burnley player not getting a yellow when Saka turned him. He cut down Saka injuring him and breaking up our attack. Clear yellow but he just let it go. Set the tone right from the start what he was going to do. I have so had it with the refs. :mad:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Woww, I checked out the line up and I noticed they had only one black player on the bench! I don't think every team must have a few black players in its roster but I 'd like to know, is it your opinion or do others also think it is because Sean Dyche is racist? I am just curious.
I don't know if he is or he is not but someone should confront him on live tv and see how he reacts. What's the betting he flips? Because that big fraud likes to dish it out but not take it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
No evidence that Dyche is racist but Burnley is a dump. No decent player of any colour would want to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom