• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Cardiff vs Arsenal | September 2nd | KO: 1:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn’t have been caught on TV, but Mhiki stormed off pitch at final whistle, looked in a right strop. Unai stopped him going down tunnel and told to get back on pitch to applause away boys. Think Laca or Aub then had word with him. Was weird.

Probably thought he could have secured the game when we were up the first two times.

It’s clearly problematic as in we persevere with Laca and PEA up front, there’s only room for two of Özil, Mhiki, Rambo and Iwobi to play.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It was another worrying performance, we could lose at Newcastle playing like that. Cardiff are absolute garbage.

There were positives though, we're very direct in attack and are converting possession to chances much more often than we did under Wenger. I want to see Torreira and Lichsteiner play.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Despite the obvious cons, I think we're underestimating the psychological impact coming from behind 2 times to win [and coming back from 2-0 at the Bridge] can have long-term.

Reactions: A_G

gkoat

I'm completely in support of starting torreira at all costs.

On a side note, are/were we at risk of any disciplinary action? I know we picked up at least 4 yellows. Isn't there some kind of benchmark where theleague fines us or something?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'm completely in support of starting torreira at all costs.

On a side note, are/were we at risk of any disciplinary action? I know we picked up at least 4 yellows. Isn't there some kind of benchmark where theleague fines us or something?
I think the EPL has it set at 6 yellows in one game before the club itself is fined.

blaze_of_glory

Finally got to watch the whole match. We played some really great stuff for long stretches and should have scored 5 or 6. Some stupid stuff at the back as usual, but overall we were dominant. Cardiff are garbage though so should have never let them make it close.

Laca and Auba starting together finally and our attack looked great all game. Torreira needs to join them and we'll be that much more solid.

wobbler

Ok scoring goals but we need to fix our defending. A lot of other teams would punish us and defend better than cardiff did.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Signs of improvement. Still unsure of our best team and probably have too many players all vying for the same spot. We can afford to lose one of them. Who That is remains to be seen.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Cech, Bellerin, Nacho, Xhaka, Ramsey and Guendouzi were all very poor. In particular Bellerin and Cech are really struggling with this style of playing from back.

Lacazette was very good, hopefully this peformance has cemented him as automatic starter as he always should've been. Torreira looked excellent again when he came on today and should be starting.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Cech, Bellerin, Nacho, Xhaka, Ramsey and Guendouzi were all very poor. In particular Bellerin and Cech are really struggling with this style of playing from back.

Lacazette was very good, hopefully this peformance has cemented him as automatic starter as he always should've been. Torreira looked excellent again when he came on today and should be starting.
Bellerin has been ****e for years now. Time to drop the lad.

Dj_sds -

Is it just me or does it seem like the quality of our football has dropped in the last two games? I thought we were much better vs city and chelsea.

gkoat

Is it just me or does it seem like the quality of our football has dropped in the last two games? I thought we were much better vs city and chelsea.

I definitely thought our attacking movement was sloppier these past 2 games, although not to say it wasn't more effective. I honestly think it's tied to just being complacent. I think all of the mistakes we saw over the past 2 games were our team knowing we could win without taking our opponents seriously. I would've loved a 3-0 masterclass but honestly I'm very happy that we seem to look better at battering lesser teams when we're not at our best. I think that could be huge for our team. I don't like going behind obviously, and like that we can come back, but I'm most impressed with how quickly we switch on after going behind. In a different world I could see Wenger getting the draw v cfc with all 3 goals scored in the last ten+stoppage, us sitting there afterwards wondering where we were for 80. Hope I'm not drinking too much kool-aid, but we seem to be very focused on each result, and I don't think any of our players are so confident of their gametime that they're half-assing training. I think the work ethic has really improved. If they can figure out how to play football again we can accomplish big things .

ThlRama

Player:Saka

Nah. We were very ineffective vs. City and our defending and finishing was atrocious vs. Chelsea. Cardiff was our best collective performance by far, our touch within the opposition area and our final ball were meh and we should've scored more, but we attacked with variety, we created, we kept the ball, we did a lot of things well for the first time. Not to mention the goals we scored were amazing. Cardiff were lucky, some awful refereeing broke our rhythm, their attempt that hit the post went in while ours didn't, both their goals came from double brainfarts by our players, literally every element of "luck" went their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom