• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Symbia

The easiest way of winning this match is closing down all the spaces in the midfield and counter attack them at any opportunity, again, the current Arsenal team cannot counter attack.

I think we are overrating them. Chelsea team is not much ahead of use but we really won't find it easy without Auba in the attack.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've said this for a while. Would love for the Clock End to be turned into an entire standing section. Something like they have at Dortmund. Quit with the family, tourist environment bullshit.
Highbury was something special. Or was it that I went as child and was overawed by it.

Yes, but what about referees, fluke goals after deflections, injuries.. we were very unlucky, there's a clear progress since Arteta took over.

Agree. Think refs have robbed us a lot of things this season but the club has been very silence about it so I'm not expecting refs to just stop robbing us.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Probably, our XI for tomorrow will be:
Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Saka
Torreira Xhaka
Pepe Özil Martinelli
Laca

I think that it's 3-1 to Chelsea but, I hope wrong me

Kysus

The common denominator (tactically) between Wenger’s final season and Emery’s disastrous 2019 is that midfield double pivot with Özil or another CM in front. Until we play a proper 3 or 4-4-2 with the two wide midfielders supporting midfield possession, we will struggle to control the flow of games and either be too attacking or too defensive.

Wenger very often played a central midfielder on the wing like Nasri, Rosicky, Ramsey or Cazorla(to create overloads in the centre)
Arteta seems to prefer to do it with one fullback right now but he could do a combination as well in the future in some games(Pep sometimes played with inverted fullback AND Bernardo Silva on the wing) to gain control of the midfield

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I transferred Tammy out. If he scores I’m going to lose my ****.

Reactions: A_G

Smail

the greatest wins in our history were often unexpected, when things didnt go our way and we were low in confidence. This has a big win written all over it, i cant explain it, but something tells me we will be pleasantly surprised after the match.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The common denominator (tactically) between Wenger’s final season and Emery’s disastrous 2019 is that midfield double pivot with Özil or another CM in front. Until we play a proper 3 or 4-4-2 with the two wide midfielders supporting midfield possession, we will struggle to control the flow of games and either be too attacking or too defensive.
We don't have the profiles to even play that double pivot, that's the problem. I know Xhaka and Torreira have been good individually and even collectively to an extent but I just don't think they're a dynamic enough pairing. It's Coquelin/Cazorla all over again, where you just wish we had 1 guy to do both of what they're doing so we can add a bit of dynamism in there. We also need to do something about #10, because it's arguably the weakest performing position no matter who plays there this season. At least our CBs have had a few decent games between them this season - has anybody who played #10 been actually great so far? Going for a flat 3 is a good idea on paper but only if we can create more chances with it.

Manberg

Predator
We shouldn’t be in this position where pressure needs to be put on them but with Lacazette in poor form, we will need huge performances from Pepe and Martinelli to get anything out this game. All very possible because this Chelsea side leaves space at the back. However, they’ve got to be clinical, can’t afford to miss many chances.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ah the great Arsène Wenger. Loves the club so much he hasn’t attended a single game since he left 18 months ago.

Who cares what that fraud says.

Oh-Please-Kobe-Bryant-Disbelief-Reaction-Gif-At-a-Basketball-Game.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom