• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Mustafi has literally been the least injury prone player since he joined ffs.

Obviously I'd never wish injury on an Arsenal player but Mustafi died to me against United a few years back so I hope he does his ACL in the second half.
Absolutely no to any injury. Sell him for £1 if we have to.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Just watched it at the break.. and its a clear red.
At the time of the foul Mustafi would have to be at the line and/or between Abraham and the goal to be considered the last man.
Luiz fouls him when Mustafi is at the penalty spot, and ends up near the line when Abraham falls to the ground.

Mustafi is never in a position to prevent the goal from happening had Luiz not fouled, hence Luiz is effectively the last man and preventing Abraham for getting a clear goal opportunity.

Correct red card i'm afraid.
Referee knew Mustafi would probably score an own goal anyway, did you see that pathetic clearance after the foul? Totally understand the decision.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Exactly. It was a lazy home-cooking fvck-it-it's-only-arsenal decision. Nobody will care and they know it.

Have a look at Phil Jones' tackle on hazard in the Fa cup final a couple of years back. He hacks him from behind/side and conceds a penalty. Of course he didnt get a red card. Apparently there was intent to play the ball.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Considering we are down a man, we finished the half off decently. Need Pepe to keep pushing on Emerson so hopefully he can get a second yellow - doubtful tho. Anyways, let's try and keep positive - football is a game of two halves!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Why do I feel like we get more red cards in the big games than anyone else?
How many penalties do the other top 6 get in these games too? Kane in every NLD, Rooney got loads, Aguero etc.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

**** off that’s a red card.

Didn’t think I’d be saying it but halfway through the VAR debut season and we’re still getting unlucky with decisions. Didn’t think it would be possible but they’ve gone and found a way. :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know Arteta’s trying to maintain harmony but we’ve seen this movie before. These aren’t youth players (for the most part) settling into their first or second season. These are experienced pros who got the greatest manager in our history the sack.

I actually feel for Mustafi. He’s just not good enough for the job. We’ve all had nice coworkers like that.

Manberg

Predator
You just know Mustafi's teammates would encourage him and be like "cheer up lad, we all make mistakes" etc like this bunch always do. No ruthlessness.

junglist57

Established Member
Luiz has no reason to even attempt a challenge there, just pressure him and let him shoot.. Never a red, but there is too many braindead players in this team.

very very easy to say in hindsight while watching it played out on Telly

OSBK

Established Member
Blaming Luiz is ****ing dumb by the way. His instinct is to stop the ball going in the net and he'd have believed he could've made a clean challenge. "Let him score" is ****ing moronic.

I dont think they mean just give up. Luiz has a chance to get in line with abrahams and instead chose to approach from behind. Watching the clip as i type if seeing where abrhams is then luiz could attempt a block. I would rather luiz did that then get sent off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just watched it at the break.. and its a clear red.
At the time of the foul Mustafi would have to be at the line and/or between Abraham and the goal to be considered the last man.
Luiz fouls him when Mustafi is at the penalty spot, and ends up near the line when Abraham falls to the ground.

Mustafi is never in a position to prevent the goal from happening had Luiz not fouled, hence Luiz is effectively the last man and preventing Abraham for getting a clear goal opportunity.

Correct red card i'm afraid.
If luiz didn't keep pushing Abraham he would've scored before mustafi came back

Reactions: CJJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom