• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 10/12/06

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:
diaby cannot win the ball back. i find it strange that people talk about him as 'muscle', worst kind of stereo-typing there is. diaby is big but he cannot tackle, he barely gets near anyone in midfield to be able to do that. tactically he's all over the place.

Are you sure about this, patrick? I mean, there are plenty people talking about Diaby posessing all kinds of qualities, and he has bareley played a competitive match for us. Therefore, I would rather wait to make a final judgement on his qualities.

We have seen him a few times , he is not as good defensively as he could be , but that can only get better . Going forward though he is a box to box player of great athletism. Lets not forget that Chelsea put a bid in for him and he was Captain of the U21 French side with Ribery in it . So he ain't some obscure talent.

patrick42uk

Established Member
that wasnt a statement aimed at refelecting my general opinion of diaby. i rate his qualities. however, from a defensive point of view, he has shown very little so far.

diaby got quite a few games last year ahead of cesc so i'm not quite sure i agree he 'barely playe a competitive game'. he's playe enough to show what he offers now and what needs to be improved IMO.

sabret00the

Established Member
Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:
diaby cannot win the ball back. i find it strange that people talk about him as 'muscle', worst kind of stereo-typing there is. diaby is big but he cannot tackle, he barely gets near anyone in midfield to be able to do that. tactically he's all over the place.

Are you sure about this, patrick? I mean, there are plenty people talking about Diaby posessing all kinds of qualities, and he has bareley played a competitive match for us. Therefore, I would rather wait to make a final judgement on his qualities.
In all fairness Patrick's 100% correct. forget _scorpion_'s bullshitism's about Diaby not showing what he can do. he's not showed anyone that level of ability yet bar none. what you show in training/reserves is far from the real world and on all the occasions i've seen Diaby and Song play together, Song has outplayed Diaby by a country mile.

bazza_afc

sabret00the said:
Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:

In all fairness Patrick's 100% correct. forget _scorpion_'s bullshitism's about Diaby not showing what he can do. he's not showed anyone that level of ability yet bar none. what you show in training/reserves is far from the real world and on all the occasions i've seen Diaby and Song play together, Song has outplayed Diaby by a country mile.

:lol:

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
that wasnt a statement aimed at refelecting my general opinion of diaby. i rate his qualities. however, from a defensive point of view, he has shown very little so far.

diaby got quite a few games last year ahead of cesc so i'm not quite sure i agree he 'barely playe a competitive game'. he's playe enough to show what he offers now and what needs to be improved IMO.

My point was not about him "winning the midfield battles" but him pushing up forward fast when he wins the ball. The games he has played has shown the defensive part of his game is still lacking but once again we keep forgetting his age and experience. This is like Vieira, when he was at Milan not even with us. He has the attributes of becoming a Vieira type player. Whether he will be one, is way too soon to call. But its potential and to be honest right now besides3-4 of our current players majority of them are potentials(have not reached their heights yet..might do might not). And yes, Song at the present moment is better defensively then Diaby. But i really doubt Wenger wants Diaby to become the Gilberto/Song/Denilson of Arsenal. Diaby is supposed to offer something else that is missing in the middle..and that is the burst forward..from the middle.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i agree. diaby only has to improve defensively, not become outstanding. his strengths lie in the offensive side of the game.

this is why sabre is so bitter about diaby. he wishes he was more defensive so he becomes a viable replacement for gilberto. truth is, diaby is either a partner for cesc in a 4-5-1 or a replacement in a 4-4-2.

famous no 10

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Did anyone see the players line up in the tunnel before kick off? All our players looked determined and none were having any eye contact with Ashley. Good on them. If Titi was there im not sure if it would be the same, as he would prob want to hug John Terry for half an hour.

You know, that'a a very good point...I hate it when Henry does that, I really do...he did it with Terry, we lost. He did it with Reo coker, we lost...I want our captain and team to scare the s**t out of the opposition and to focus on our own players, like Paddy and Adams did.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
You know, that'a a very good point...I hate it when Henry does that, I really do...he did it with Terry, we lost. He did it with Reo coker, we lost...I want our captain and team to scare the s**t out of the opposition and to focus on our own players, like Paddy and Adams did.

If he hugged them and we won would you still be bitter: :)

RC8

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
famous no 10 said:

He hugged Zidane when we played Madrid, and he hugged Vieira when we played Juventus at home... I think we all know how those 2 ended.

I do prefer Gilberto-esque captaining, but people has selective memory when it comes to Henry and the captaincy.

famous no 10

Established Member
RC8 said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
famous no 10 said:

He hugged Zidane when we played Madrid, and he hugged Vieira when we played Juventus at home... I think we all know how those 2 ended.

I do prefer Gilberto-esque captaining, but people has selective memory when it comes to Henry and the captaincy.

Possibly.

But my point is that Henry wants EVERYONE to like him, he wants to be every ones mate, and seeing him hugging Terry makes me feel sick.

Paddy and Zidane were different, they were team mates, after all....and for the record I've been against Henry as captain since the start, but I don't want to bang on about that anymore.

famous no 10

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
famous no 10 said:

Not bitter, just feel sick inside when I see our captain hugging an oppposing captain, and posing in front of the cameras, imagining he is Pele with Bobby Moore or something...particurly when the game hasn't even begun...and anyway we lost those games and I honestly think that didn't help...

illmatik

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
famous no 10 said:

Not bitter, just feel sick inside when I see our captain hugging an oppposing captain, and posing in front of the cameras, imagining he is Pele with Bobby Moore or something...particurly when the game hasn't even begun...and anyway we lost those games and I honestly think that didn't help...
hes trying to leave a good image for the team...its shows respect and it is a class act...why does it matter that he hugs someone anyway? you guys let this get to your heads too much

Nutsy

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Did anyone see the players line up in the tunnel before kick off? All our players looked determined and none were having any eye contact with Ashley. Good on them. If Titi was there im not sure if it would be the same, as he would prob want to hug John Terry for half an hour.

I would be puking sick to see Henry hugging the opposing captain (esp Terry), though it shows a deal of respect, class, but some may find it in a different prespective such as him being a pansy & all.. i would prefer Titi to stick to a smile or just that. although, maybe my eyes did deceive me, as in the tunnel, Mad Jens shakes hand with the C*nt, and smiles at him. after releasing that statement :

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... rves+abuse

i'm a lil confused. :|

_scorpion_

Established Member
sabret00the said:
forget _scorpion_'s bullshitism's about Diaby not showing what he can do. he's not showed anyone that level of ability yet bar none. what you show in training/reserves is far from the real world and on all the occasions i've seen Diaby and Song play together, Song has outplayed Diaby by a country mile.

Ahh yes.

Lets discard Diaby on the back of a string of appearances he has made in the firsts because he failed to play like a 26-27 yeard old Patrick Vieira?

Sabret00the, in the bullshlt stakes, I can assue you your farm paddock is well fertilized and ready for seeding....

If you think Arsène bought Diaby as an after thought to our then growing reputation as a team 'easily bullied' ...then I say your expectations of Diaby are far off the mark.

Try not to fall into good ol' Kel's poor habbits of day-dreaming of the past when it comes to the current squad.

I expected more from you!

morpho

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Ok, so when we've finished celebrating the fact that our thin squad full of kids (by design may i add) done what it was paid to do, then what?
Designed or not, its the reason why it was designed like that, which is the question you have to ask yourself. Im not clapping my hands red because we have a bunch of teenagers, im clapping because they are doing the job like an adult. Professionals you say, but that doesnt change the fact that a 20 year old paid 30000 pr week is still a 20 year old. As you can see on your beloved Senderos. And for me
sitting in a circle singing church hymns in the names of better results,
well is not much better sitting around the campfire telling each other scary stories either is it? Either of them are going to change any result, but at least one of them are going to raise some spirit? Off course there wouldnt be a point of having a forum if everybody agreed to each other, but what i lack from you is some objectivity in your "concerns". You say we were lucky to get the one point sunday because unlucky cska chelski outplayed us and hit the post numerous times. Well so why cant you say the same thing about our start of the season? For you everything is to blame for our new tactics and of course Wenger being satan himself. Didnt you say that you didnt like the Wenger-Henry partnership because
they act as each others yes men?
So be satisfied then, now that Henry was forced to take a break.

Kel raised a solid point. he said paraphrasing to make it sound good

"we're all happy to celebrate the achievements of our team but what does it say when we have to celebrate the fact that they showed fight? should that not be a necessity of every game? and why must showing fight come at the cost of stringing two passes together? these are professional footballers who are paid to at the very least pretend to want to sweat blood for the club and yet because they've done it for the the third time this season, we're like wow. that was good. and if we are going to celebrate the odd show of passion and fight, how are we supposed to feel for the rest of the season?"

And what have this to do with our discussion? Hardly anything I cant agree on is it. But hardly anything you can blame our tactics or manager for either?

As I see it you are not
just on an Arsenal site trying to discuss the intricacies of our game
but to criticize every decision Wenger makes.

Rahul

Ashley Cole has thanked the Chelsea fans for their support during Sunday's draw with former club Arsenal.

The full-back faced his old side for the first time since his acrimonious move to Stamford Bridge in August.

He was jeered by the Arsenal fans every time he touched the ball, with particularl glee found in his booking for a foul on Alexander Hleb.

Cole insists the taunts did not affect his game, but he offered his gratitude to his new supporters for their backing.

"I'm not really bothered any more about the chants and that," Cole told Chelsea TV.

"I would like to thank the Chelsea fans, who were amazing. I didn't really expect it.

"To hear them singing my name and giving me an ovation really touched me to be honest."

The defender also believes the Premiership champions' late rally to salvage a 1-1 draw is a sign of the unity within the Chelsea squad.

He added: "There is a brilliant spirit here, it's amazing and we showed that on the pitch.

"We always stick together through thick and thin. When the chips were down on Sunday, we came back and came back strong."

thats what that c*t had to say.......

What does he expect us to do thank him for perfidiousness.

Wnak*r,he ll always be a F*n outsider in the russian house......he ll never get more support that he got from us prior to his c*tish act.

cant wait to play them at the Grove...

Gurgen

Established Member
Imagine sitting in a restaurant, enjoying your meal, minding your own business, and then suddenly being 'acknowledged' by two knobs like Fat Frank and Jamie Redknapp.

Jens > *

Top Bottom