• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 10/12/06

famous no 10

Established Member
illmatik said:
famous no 10 said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
famous no 10 said:
You know, that'a a very good point...I hate it when Henry does that, I really do...he did it with Terry, we lost. He did it with Reo coker, we lost...I want our captain and team to scare the s**t out of the opposition and to focus on our own players, like Paddy and Adams did.

If he hugged them and we won would you still be bitter: :)

Not bitter, just feel sick inside when I see our captain hugging an oppposing captain, and posing in front of the cameras, imagining he is Pele with Bobby Moore or something...particurly when the game hasn't even begun...and anyway we lost those games and I honestly think that didn't help...
hes trying to leave a good image for the team...its shows respect and it is a class act...why does it matter that he hugs someone anyway? you guys let this get to your heads too much

Why does it matter?
Because I want to see some fire in his belly, that's why..I want him to be spending time firing up our own side, not joking and hugging the opposition...quite apart from looking "class" it looks pathetic, weak, unfocused and staged.
Can you really imagine Keane and Paddy doing that?

sabret00the

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
sabret00the said:
forget _scorpion_'s bullshitism's about Diaby not showing what he can do. he's not showed anyone that level of ability yet bar none. what you show in training/reserves is far from the real world and on all the occasions i've seen Diaby and Song play together, Song has outplayed Diaby by a country mile.

Ahh yes.

Lets discard Diaby on the back of a string of appearances he has made in the firsts because he failed to play like a 26-27 yeard old Patrick Vieira?

Sabret00the, in the bullshlt stakes, I can assue you your farm paddock is well fertilized and ready for seeding....

If you think Arsène bought Diaby as an after thought to our then growing reputation as a team 'easily bullied' ...then I say your expectations of Diaby are far off the mark.

Try not to fall into good ol' Kel's poor habbits of day-dreaming of the past when it comes to the current squad.

I expected more from you!
All things aside, i respect you, as you already know from the occasions we've spoken or when i see your name come up in a negative light. but that has very little to do with this. i sincerely feel you're bullshitting on this one. what Arsène has seen is the play-doh and he thinks he can mould it. Seriously we both know that Diaby hasn't done anything at the top level in all his young 19 years so let's not act like he has. if he has potential then so be it. but let's not act like Arsène isn't fallible and hasn't ****ed up in the whole spotting potential thing before. thus far Diaby has been a spectacular flop in the first team and the reserves on all occasions i've seen him. he doesn't even know how to impose himself on a game across 90 minutes. he doesn't know how to tackle. his positioning is off and his passing is weary. these are things i've seen with my own eyes when he's been playing against someone who isn't paid to make himself look good or hopes to keep fit and available for the next match Diaby hasn't come out on trumps. granted i'm bias i know what i look for from midfielder's and he possesses zero of the qualities.

so on this occasion while i do respect your input to the community, i just feel that lauding someone's abilities as "we haven't seen anything yet" when no one has is a 'bullshitism'.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Despite Gurgen calling Arsenal a 'shambles' I felt the Arsenal midfeidl came out on top against the Chelsea one with EASE. ALMOST completely dominated it until Robben came on and that last 10 minute spell.

Shambles?

Leave it out mate.

Sammer

Established Member
Lehmann seems to be on the other extreme end compared to Titi.

While Titi is friendly with anyone of the opposition player, Lehmann seems to need (and enjoy) a certain tension.

I think they would both be well advised to step back a little: Titi being a little less collegue-like, and Lehmann taking of the edges of his aggression.

On the other hand, maybe that´s what they both need to perform well....

Alfonso

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan, you previoulsy mentioned you saw this game another two times. Has your intital opinion of the game changed?

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
No, that was my post-rewatch opinion ;)

I haven't been here since Sunday night when I threw my toys out the pram (see the Think Before You Criticise Wenger thread!)

Lampard, Essien and Ballack saw very little of the ball - the former and latter especially. Ballack was pretty much non-existant. Chelsea had to revert to type and lump it to Drogba UNTIL Robben came on and especially in that last 10 mins. where Arsenal were well under the cosh

I was watching it with a long term Chelsea fan and he was cursing Mourinho's tactics and was convinced we were going to win 1-0 BEFORE we scored. Of course then we did score :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'm sure Diaby was most observers MotM when we thrashed Aston Villa last season- so he clearly has done something at the top level/ imposed himself on a game.

Alex Song is blatantly a couple of years away from such an impact.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
TBF to Song he's a COMPLETELY different player than Diaby.

Rewind a few years and it's like saying Cesc is blatantly a couple of years away from making such an impact as Gilberto.

Viper

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Seriously we both know that Diaby hasn't done anything at the top level in all his young 19 years so let's not act like he has.
:roll:

He is 19 ffs. You can't expect every 19 year old to be on par with Cesc, Messi, Rooney etc.

But he has shown he has the potential and ability. He dominated Birmingham's midfield, played well against Aston Villa and had a pretty decent first half against Portsmouth.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom