• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Result?

• Crystal Palace Win

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 59 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nas7232

Leno
AMN - sokratis - luiz - kola
Torrerira- xhaka
Pepe - Özil - auba/martinelli
Laca/auba

Laca may need resting. Hopefully pepe and martinelli can combine with Özil better. They seem to be off wavelength atm

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
we should win this easily 0-3.

But then they have Zaha.

He's capable of turning matches for them against us apparently

TakeChillPill

Established Member
It's a difficult one. Auba is crap at holding up the ball Laca is great. Laca can't finish to save his life and Auba is a poaching master.

Tough weight up. I all honesty I can't see why Auba can't become better at holding up the ball. He's 6ft tall, he just needs to be more dominant and agressive.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Crystal palace definitely won't have Benteke Townsend Schlupp Ward Sahko Dunn and Van Anholt. Mayer Riedewald Camarasa Zaha all likely to be fit

TBH I think this weekend will see us lose our lead over you and our league places reversed, despite our recent record against you. Palace are decimated by injuries and those players left are running on fumes after the Christmas programme - as was evident with our strongest team available capitulating to Derby in the cup.

Doubtful Zaha will play (with Luka our penalty converter also out) as Wilf has been carrying an injury for the last month or so. I would expect a rearguard action against a resurgent Arsenal team which, with a tough run of matches, will be a taste of things to come over the next month or so until reinforcements hopefully arrive.

If Zaha does play, it will truly be Zaha FC and maybe a last chance for you to play him if, as seems possible, he is Bayern Munich bound...

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Munich bound?
Are Munich willing to pay the 80m you guys are asking for Zaha?
I thought Munich were going to go all out for Sane this summer.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Munich bound?
Are Munich willing to pay the 80m you guys are asking for Zaha?
I thought Munich were going to go all out for Sane this summer.

Who knows. But Wilf, in staying on another season, hopefully keeping us up, and with another year off his contract term, has earned a reduction in the asking price. I would expect him to go in the Summer for guaranteed CL No more than he deserves.

Pepes blue pill

Hopefully Zaha misses this either through not being fully fit or because of all the transfer speculation....really like Palace and their fans are amazing but really want them to have an awful start to the weekend on Saturday

roz

Fake News Merchant
Classic case of the team thinking they just have “ to turn up” to win this one, lets hope we don’t make the same mistake.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
My XI that I want to see:
Leno
AMN - Sokratis - Luiz -Kolasinac
Torreira - Xhaka
Pepe - Özil - Martinelli
Auba.

This kind of games, we need much speed to attack them. We will be defensively and if we can go to attack, we will do the fastest as possible.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/ja...onference-crystal-palace-derby-county-fa-cup/

Zaha will probably start against us even if a little unfit, he's amazing against us

If Hodgson has any sense he won't risk Zaha. The reason he is a doubt in the first place is because he played him against Norwich when he wasn't quite ready to play. Now he has so many other players injured, to risk Zaha again with a real chance it will aggravate his injury would be daft imo.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
We may be forced to play Zaha if the latest assessments of players available can be believed. We do not appear to have a fit full-back (left or right) available in the entire first team squad or the U23s combined, so Zaha's tracking-back skills might be called upon to help deal with Pepe!

Zaha has amazing powers of recovery from injury, so the 10 days he will have had since Norwich might turn out to be sufficient to patch him up and send him out.

Personally, I would rest him for Arsenal (and Man City the following week) . A couple of weeks ago I would have fancied our chances against you, but the new Arteta Arsenal now looks a stretch too far for us and I wouldn't want to risk Zaha in what may well be a bad-tempered derby match as we attempt to park the bus.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Leno
AMN Sok Luiz Kola

Torreira Xhaka
Pepe Özil Martinelli(if fit, if not, then Laca
Auba

We should win this. Palace are stretched thin at the moment.

If we don't beat this palace team, then we should forget about fighting for the last cl spot

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Got tickets to this due to familial connections and will be sitting with the home fans. Last game versus these lot was brutal.

Probably because I know so many of them too well but their fans wind me up no end, Parish during the whole Zaha saga deserved a slap as well.

Also if any Palace fans are reading this, Croydon is not in London.
Went all the way to Croydon to some girls place after a house party on New Year’s Day, only to get there and for her to change her mind because she knew my ex or some crap like that.

Long story short I hate everybody from South London and Croydon is ****ing far.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We may be forced to play Zaha if the latest assessments of players available can be believed. We do not appear to have a fit full-back (left or right) available in the entire first team squad or the U23s combined, so Zaha's tracking-back skills might be called upon to help deal with Pepe!

Zaha has amazing powers of recovery from injury, so the 10 days he will have had since Norwich might turn out to be sufficient to patch him up and send him out.

Personally, I would rest him for Arsenal (and Man City the following week) . A couple of weeks ago I would have fancied our chances against you, but the new Arteta Arsenal now looks a stretch too far for us and I wouldn't want to risk Zaha in what may well be a bad-tempered derby match as we attempt to park the bus.
It's not you had a full roster earlier in the season when you played us off the park in the second half. IIRC, you guys were missing a few first teamers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Went all the way to Croydon to some girls place after a house party on New Year’s Day, only to get there and for her to change her mind because she knew my ex or some crap like that.

Long story short I hate everybody from South London and Croydon is ****ing far.

It was her grandmother after all Trilly, should have thought that through lad...admire the gumption on you though, you are going places in life!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Ian Wright relegating Palace...you really love to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom