PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Jan 6, 2020.

?

Result?

1. Crystal Palace Win

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  2. Draw

15 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Arsenal Win

59 vote(s)
    76.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Think yesterday's game was really frustrating from a refereeing standpoint. I thought kicking through the legs from behind was something that referees had been told to reprimand with cards right away. Yesterday Ayew could do it 4-5 times from the start of the game without any reaction. I simply don't understand how the referee could let that pass.

celestis likes this.
  2. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

I can see how repeated back and forth viewings in slow mo that tackle looks bad, but people have been getting away with that particular one “the ankle roller” since the dawn of mankind - trust us to be the first team ever penalised by it. You’ll probably never see a red for that again in your life, just like we have never seen the famous RVP kicking the ball away after 0.5 seconds red card ever again.

The VAR official yesterday was Craig Pawson the man who didn’t sent Georginio off against Chelsea. I mean the guy could have given us a little break just out of a sense of fair play and decency. :lol:

3. The White Pelè

The White Pelè Well-Known Member

Frustrating as ****, but it's part of the process. Still quite happy to see us try to win even with 10 men though. Wouldn't have happened under Emery.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  4. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Plus we were very close to nicking it. The shot against the upright could easily have gone in. Just small margins not on our side.

5. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

Always a physical game with Palace. We controlled things in the first half. They did try to get physical and we did well initially but fell off in the second half. Fair result in the end. We could have won the game if the Pepe chance went in. We showed some good reslience though.

6. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

What's annoying is Robertson wasn't treated the same way

Both are reds

Overall though we didn't really create enough going forward.

7. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Lots to complain about with the ref and VAR, but as I said after the Utd game, we should have complained about the fouls against us then. We never seem to get the benefit of the doubt.

American_Gooner and Makingtrax like this.
  8. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

People should stop blaming the VAR for yesterday's game. Auba's red was as red as you get em. Game will never get stopped for a potential yellow, otherwise Xhaka would miss every other game as well.

Had we created more clear cut chances when we dominated them we'd be out of sight like vs Man Utd. But there lies the problem: we aren't good enough. Hope Arteta can get some decent transfer windows, then I'll be hopeful.

9. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Clear red, don't think anyone is doubting that, but the fact refs are as inconsistent as they come, often, like yesterday, changing their 'style' many times during same game. Players have no clue what would get them booked and what wont, and usually we end up on the wrong end

CaseUteinberger and celestis like this.
  10. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Their goal wasn’t that lucky, when you attempt a half hearted block in the box you leave yourself open to nasty deflections.

Either go for it John Terry style or trust your keeper.

ptrcopp likes this.
  11. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I'd say its quite unlucky, especially from that angle. The keeper cant really get beat from the left or right because of the speed the ball travelled and the angle the shot was taken from. The only way to beat the keeper is by a freak loop of the ball, which happened.

Nothing wrong with saying it was unlucky, we should make our own luck anyway. Shoulda been 2-0 up after the first 25m

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  12. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

Chelsea 11 points ahead now. That's a lot but this is there next 5 games:

Newcastle (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Leicester (A)
    Man Utd (H)
    Tottenham (H)

That's a tough run of games, too long to go in the season to say the race is over I think

13. pikey2000

pikey2000 Well-Known Member

Game of the season so far against them in a couple of weeks then, win that and the doubt will start to creep in for them.

Auba will be a big miss and we have Sheffield Utd next :)!!!

zilfy likes this.
  14. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Guys, the season's dead. Don't do it to yourselves.

The only point of the next four months is to see who can and can't cut the mustard re fitting into Arteta's style of play. Four months of auditions.

My bet is less than 50% will pass and we will see the beginning of many sales.

15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

why would there even be a thought about appealing it? fully deserved a red, have to hope it wouldn't be deemed a frivolous appeal or else it'll be an extra game

Taneruit and celestis like this.
  16. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Not for long, ffs.

17. RUS arsenal

RUS arsenal Well-Known Member

God don't remind me, that gets me raging even now... :mad:

18. goonergaz

goonergaz Active Member

Inconsistency? I would imagine there's more than enough evidence to suggest many have got less. On MotD they were split on if it was a red card...the slow-mo made it look a lot worse.

How Ayew was even on the pitch - let alone not even a yellow card to his name - before their goal is a complete joke.

The double standards are terrible.

American_Gooner likes this.
  19. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Sp**s’s appeal for Son’s tackle was accepted, and that tackle broke the guy’s leg in half.

goonergaz likes this.
  20. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

That I do agree with, especially because:

al-Ustaadh and goonergaz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.