• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | 15/08/04

gooner

It’s been a long time since I wrote a preview so forgive if I am a bit rusty. Well the new premiership season bares down on us once again. Many premiership teams have brought exciting players as well as established players and it should make the premiership even more exciting. Have been watching Arsenal closely over the pre – season and we have playing fairly well. We have bought in Van Persie, who is a great young talent but will need some time, and Alumnia should provide good competition for Lehmann. We have also bought Flamini who is suppose to be good although I have seen him as well as a player called Lupolli, although he may need a few years yet.

Our first match of this season is against Everton exactly as it was last season except this time we are playing them away. The match against Everton will either be a very tight match or a very open match and I personally think it will be in between. I like Everton a bit as they work very hard for each other, although I don’t think they are nowhere near Liverpool yet and they have gone even weaker after losing Radzinski and possibly Rooney. The important thing that all Arsenal players should keep in their minds that they were the team that broke our long unbeaten record two years ago and they will try their best to break it once again. We played fairly well during the match when Ljungberg gave us an early lead, until Radzinski scored a screamer. A draw would have been fair as we had some chances and I remember one chance when Ljungberg lobbed Richard Wright and it was going until the final bounce when the ground made the ball spin away from the goal. Then in the dying minutes Rooney scored a very good goal, and even till today all I can keep on remembering is when the commentator started saying “Remember the name, Wayne Rooney”.

I really like David Moyes although I feel sorry for him as he has no money to spend on new players. The team try to follow their manager’s positive attitude. They have lost Radzinski which is a big plus for us as he always tends so score against us at Goodisan park. The biggest positive is that Rooney is out. I was really impressed with him at Euro 2004, and I love the way he plays his game without no fear.

One player that I like a lot from the Everton squad is Thomas Gravesen. He is good at long rangers and always gives 100% and is another one of them players that never gets enough credit, as he is due. Joseph Yobo is another great player that I like a lot as he is a very solid defender, and always keeps his cool and reads the game very well and if I was Wenger and was looking to draft in a new defender as we are a bit short now because Campbell is out than I would seriously consider making a bid for him.

Below is a list of Everton’s Key Players:

McFadden + Bent - Key Men 1
Gravesen + Kilbane + Cahill- Key Men 2
Yobo - Key Man 3
Wright - Key Man 4

Below is the team that I think will start:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Ljungberg Edu Gilberto Pires

Bergkamp Reyes

I hope it is an entertaining match and Reyes scores a hat-trick and that we beat them.

On the Vieira issue I don’t want to say anything until it is confirmed by Arsenal officially although I would like to remind all fans that one single player is not bigger than a club.

Anyway people give me your replies and tell me what you lot personally think about the match and give your opinions.

Sonic Youth

The match against Everton will either be a very tight match or a very open match and I personally think it will be in between.

lol.

nah mate, i think they'll be quite tough to break down when they're being supported by their fans, but we'll be able to beat them, 1-2 i think.

lewdikris

Established Member
Welcome back Gooner!

Well, Edu won't be playing as he doesn't come back until, now, after the friendly against Haiti next Wednesday.

So ... it's either Flamini or Cesc in the middle, with one on the bench. Which one we'll have to wait and see.

For safety's sake Wenger would doubtless prefer to play Flamini - a little older, a little wiser - but if his clearance hasn't arrived ... the wonderkid it is!

And I wouldn't mind that at all.

Otherwise the team picks itself (on the assumption that Henry's out):

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Freddie Flamini/Cesc Gilberto Bobby

Dennis Jose

Bench: Almunia, Senderos, Clichy, Pennant, Van Persie

dsurg

I quite agree with your statement about Joseph Yobo...definitely a good defender and looks like someone that will thrive under AW.

I also like David Moyes...i think he can be an Alan Curbishley or maybe even a Martin o'Neil if he just had a little money.

But truthfully I think and I am expecting a hat full of goals at Goodison.

I predict a 3-0 or 4-1....

We are too good for an Everton side that are without their best players..

Freddie, Reyes(2) and Pires to send us out on a flyer.

Bergkamp man of the match.

Pennant will come in for Freddie and get an assist

RVP will come in for Pires and show his class.

Reyes will show us why we can actually win the lot this season.

And after the game we would be wondering if this is actually DB10's last season.

Come On the GUNNERS.....the premier league is back.

Mark

Established Member
With Everton having sold Radzinski and lost Rooney to injury we really should keep a clean sheet in this one. They have no other dangerous options in attack. Hopefully Pires and Freddie will play and it would be nice if Flamini could too. The Bergkamp-Reyes partnership has looked fantastic in pre season so we may not miss Henry that much. I'm looking forward to this match and I think we will win 3-0. A goal from Reyes in the first half then Pires and Bergy to complete the scoring in the second half.

A

Anonymous

The match against Everton will either be a very tight match or a very open match and I personally think it will be in between.

:D
Quality!

Gregwin04

the thing is with Yobo is that he is another african which means he will alwas be away in the middle of the season

A

Anonymous

thegame24 said:
I forgot Ljungberg, or maybe keep pennant

Lol, that reminded me of that scene in Goodfellas where Joe Pesci shoots Spider - "you mumbling, stuttering prick yer!" Dont know why that popped into my head.

On the subject of the mafia, anyone see the new Sopranos last night? Brilliant.

Anyway, Everton will be ripped apart by Jose as their defence is ****. If we can keep Kilbane and McFadden out of the game on the wings and hope Graveson doesnt have his usual good game agianst us we should be fine.

Anyone else on here making the trip to scouseland?

JazzG

Established Member
I heard Graveson will be leaving them soon as well, **** always has a good game against us so hopefully before the match!

Adam

Established Member
It's so refreshing to see Gooner doing a preview again! It means the season has really hit us. Plus, a great distraction from Vieira. Welcome back, you were missed.

Adam

Established Member
JazzG said:
I heard Graveson will be leaving them soon as well, c**t always has a good game against us so hopefully before the match!

He's a great player. Great passer, and he is built like a tank. It is just that like a tank - he is virtually immobile off the mark.

Still, Vieira replacement? Heh.

thegame24

Established Member
Ahh Sopranos, cant wait till Steve Buscemi aka Mr Pink joins next week.

LOL, sol you see when Christopher threw the brick at the waiter and said "dont they have medicine for this" i was LMAO

A

Anonymous

thegame24 said:
Ahh Sopranos, cant wait till Steve Buscemi aka Mr Pink joins next week.

LOL, sol you see when Christopher threw the brick at the waiter and said "dont they have medicine for this" i was LMAO

I laughed so hard at that bit -classic.

Then Paulie gets his gun out and shoots him the tears were rolling down my face!

thegame24

Established Member
Sopranos is brilliant, notice how many people from goodfallas are in it too.

Whats your fav episode Sol? have you seen the one where Paulie and Chris get stuck in the woods?

Top Bottom