• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | April 7, 2019 | 14:05 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Everton win

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 32 68.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I can’t wait to see the back of Mkhitaryan, he’s been absolutely trash since we signed him. Everything was either under or overhit when he passed the ball, he also looked very weak and made the wrong choice on counters.

Iwobi looked more of a threat when he came on than Mkhitaryan.

Ashybashy86

Didn’t even bother to watch the game when I saw the line up. I can’t for the life of me think why Elneny would start such a crucial away game. Why was Ramsey on the bench after such a good run of form? Denis Suarez would be better than Elneny in midfield.

I still don’t rate Emery and probably never will. He seems to tinker too much for my liking. Guendouzi and Elneny in midfield away from home? :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still think we can drop points in 1 or 2 more games, just don't see the other teams going on a winning run either. We are still favourites for top 4 imo.

To get to 77 we can get away with drawing at Wolves and Watford but we’d have to win all our others.

Sp**s run in aside from the City trip is ridiculously easy. I’d be shocked if even they manage to bottle third place.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
A draw would have been a v.good result so 1-0 defeat not awful.

They have a solid team, hard attitude & a bit of talent. We have done well over the years picking up so many points there.

On to the next.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I can’t wait to see the back of Mkhitaryan, he’s been absolutely trash since we signed him. Everything was either under or overhit when he passed the ball, he also looked very weak and made the wrong choice on counters.

Iwobi looked more of a threat when he came on than Mkhitaryan.

His recent purple patch suggested he could be a good player but it’s just as I feared. He’s flaky and sometimeish. I’m not sure his best day is worth keeping him around.

That overhit pass towards Auba in the second half summarised his time here. Promising position, good options, ****s it up.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
To get to 77 we can get away with drawing at Wolves and Watford but we’d have to win all our others.

Sp**s run in aside from the City trip is ridiculously easy. I’d be shocked if even they manage to bottle third place.

Yeah 3rd is probably gone now, but I just don't see Manu or Chelsea being perfect from here either, so even if we drop points in 1 or 2 more games, it should be enough for top 4.. We'll see though.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Regardless of how well he did at Schalke there, that’s two Arsenal managers who’ve not been totally onboard with him playing there.

What Wenger did in his last few years with us should be taken with a fistful of salt
He managed to manage us worse

Mustafi has been bad for two managers now and yet plays

ArsenalFever

The positive side of today is that, I don't think there is a cause for concern, Emery will probably learn more from today's match than he has any other while at Arsenal.
May even influence he's spending in the market.
Wasn't much the attacking players could do while Guendouzi and Elneny are playing central mid plus absolutely minimal width.
Attack is the best form of defence, in today's case.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The positive side of today is that, I don't think there is a cause for concern, Emery will probably learn more from today's match than he has any other while at Arsenal.
May even influence he's spending in the market.
Wasn't much the attacking players could do while Guendouzi and Elneny are playing central mid plus absolutely minimal width.
Attack is the best form of defence, in today's case.
I mean there's not much to learn at this stage of the season that he hasn't learnt already. He needs better players available to him right now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm so tired of hearing people say Kola is incapable of playing in a back 4. He played there for Schalke and was picked as player of the year in that position in the bundesliga.
He had a poor run of games there under Wenger, and now everyone has got in their head that if you put him in a LB position he will forget the direction of his own goal.
Its like saying Marcelo from RM can't be played in a back four.. which is ridiculous.. its just about prioritizning the cover in midfield and having CB's with brains.
He's absolutely garbage and even Wenger played AMN over him in a back 4 last season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah 3rd is probably gone now, but I just don't see Manu or Chelsea being perfect from here either, so even if we drop points in 1 or 2 more games, it should be enough for top 4.. We'll see though.

Nah I do agree, we should make top four. They play each other and have some nightmarish fixtures.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The moment when we decided to add bully players to the team was the moment when everything went to sh*t. Now we are something in between physical working team and technical, but sh*t at both
What bully players do we have? Sokratis?

Other than that our players couldn't bully a child on the play ground.

TheLawOfDiQ

I think you need to understand that "wanting it more" isnt enough of a factor to decide the game.

Yes motivation matters, but its about the technical approach play from both sides which ultimately determines things.

Today, in a nutshell, we couldnt handle their press, and when getting into midfield, our midfielders couldnt get the ball out to our frontline. Them going ahead turned it into a counter attacking game where they simply waited for the turnover and attacked the space behind us.

I still don't see how changing the team selection would of made a difference. We just don't have that many (good)options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom