• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | Saturday 21st December | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only watched the first 65 minutes of the game. That was as solid we've been defensively all season. The first 20 minutes in the 2nd half I thought we looked threatening. But in my opinion, Emery's influence is still very much there in this team. The constant refusal to play vertical line-breaking passes and instead choosing safe recycling of possession needs to be coached out of the club by Arteta. No idea if he can do that with this group of players, but it's the way forward.

Good post. I think there are players who look for it and then players that just don't bother. For example, to me we have Nelson, Willock, Saka, Martinelli, ESR and Pepe who show genuine movement to receive the ball between the lines. Torreira occasionally plays that pass. Guendouzi has had it coaches out of him, but he is capable. Xhaka needs to receive the ball in the perfect position to do it, which is hard as we have to recycle the ball 5 times before he has his body facing forward.

Ill tell you who plays the ball inside and in between two players constantly. AMN.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Have I missed the name change of Pepe, and if so please tell me how we got to peoe.

It started with someone saying we could have won if we included Peoe in our starting 11 instead of being on the bench. Presumably it was just a typo, hitting the O which is right next to the P on the keyboard. Then it snowballed from there, mostly sarcastically I think.

Anyway I like the name change. It can be used as a fresh start for Pepe. Under Arteta he can become a new player. Welcome to Arsenal Peoe. Your season starts now.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It started with someone saying we could have won if we included Peoe in our starting 11 instead of being on the bench. Presumably it was just a typo, hitting the O which is right next to the P on the keyboard. Then it snowballed from there, mostly sarcastically I think.

Anyway I like the name change. It can be used as a fresh start for Pepe. Under Arteta he can become a new player. Welcome to Arsenal Peoe. Your season starts now.
Peoe will come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom