• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | October 7th | KO: 12:00pm BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I really, really liked the look of us in a 442 for many reasons, but the main one being it gets the best out of ALL of our strikers, including Welbeck.

I also like the fact that it means we can attack with more natural width high up the pitch that doesn't consist of overlapping fullbacks leaving us exposed in defence.

Fulham used very advanced wing backs and left acres of space that Iwobi left and Mkhitaryan right were continuously exploiting. It's what teams have been doing to us for years.

We had much more zip and purpose to our attacking play. Even when Ramsey came on and switched to 4311, we looked a million times better than we've done in a 4231. There was a spell towards the end of the game when Guendouzi, Xhaka and Torreira in midfield were just doing whatever they wanted.

I've got to say Guendouzi oozed class when he came on. I don't know who France have coming through the ranks in midfield, but he is the real deal.
Spot on. Douzi looked the part when he came on. Xhaka was able to do his thing with Torreira and Douzi breaking up everything.

Xhaka and Ramsey in a midfield two with Özil in front, as we’ve often played, are just a positional mess.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Fulham's defending was terrible, especially in the second half. They had a high line and their right back was virtually non existent in defence. They made it easy for us.
Very true but in the recent past even these games where opposition has made it easy we have struggled to get all three points. We're celebrating a 9 win run because of a new system that is clearly working.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Fulham's defending was terrible, especially in the second half. They had a high line and their right back was virtually non existent in defence. They made it easy for us.
Well, that's usually the difference between top clubs and bottom, but it's nice to see that we can finally take advantage of that unlike before.

Tonytone

Drat!
I was hoping we'd stay under the radar and made this kind of statement at the Liverpool game. I hope Emery keeps orchestrating these wins without anyone working out his tactics. Transition periods can be baffling, hopefully for the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom