PL: Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | February 9th | KO: 15:00 |

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Feb 3, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Feb 9, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

77.6%
  2. Draw

14.3%
  3. Huddersfield Win

8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Top 4 is still seriously on and plenty to play for, Huddersfield are f*cking terrible and if we drop points here serious questions will be asked. Hardest game of the season is out the way now and it seems we picked up no new injuries so thats a positive start at least.

We have a pretty good break between this PL fixture and our next with two Europa League ties in between so I seriously think rotation is needed, either here or against Bate.

[​IMG]

I think this team is easily good enough to beat Huddersfield, hoping Xhaka will be fit and also Mhkitaryan. Lets rest Aubameyang and Torreira by having them on the bench at least.

We seriously need rotation if we want to stay in both the top 4 race and Europa league, Emery needs to be smart here. How good is Bate? Are they a can probably play the kids type of game or should we go full strength?

3-0 to the Arsenal.

m-due likes this.
  2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

They're 13 points off safety, can't be toiling to a win here. Go on the attack and bag a few goals.

3. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

When @OnlyOne skips making the City thread and does one for Huddersfield

[​IMG]

4. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

They've not won in how long? Roll up Arsenal.

albakos and DanDare like this.
  5. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Should see a strong team v Huddersfield. The kids beat BATE last season IIRC.

OnlyOne likes this.
  6. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

They are Derby County from 2008.We'll smash them.

7. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Still think we need to rotate the attack, it's looking very flat. Think one of Lacazette or Aubameyang should go to the bench, try bring in Mhki or Suarez on the flanks.

8. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Expectations: lots of goals against the worst team in the league
    Reality: being dominated like hydro in his first BDSM

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

The line up today I like it but still prefer 442 diamond. Huddersfield are struggling so there no excuse to not win this

10. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Oh god, I forgot Mhki was back :lol:. Let's hope he comes back better than he was when he got hurt.

I agree though, attacks looking stale. If only we had a creative attacking player on the bench capable of playing final passes.....

OnlyOne likes this.
  11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Time to forget about Özil imo, he was easily my favourite player but no one really knows what's gone on so it's better to forget, he'll be sold in the summer.

Theres more than enough creativity in this team without Özil, even though it doesn't look like it. I think Mhki back will be a huge bonus.

12. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Back to 4-2-3-1 please. Suarez, Mkhi and Iwobi behind Lacazette or Aubameyang.

OnlyOne likes this.
  13. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Huddersfield can't buy a goal so expecting them to score atleast a couple here.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  14. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Looking forward to 90 minutes of Suarez and Iwobi passing the ball to each other at the edge of the penalty area

Bergkamp1988 likes this.
  15. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

I guess we can play Özil against a championship side, doubt Suarez will start, he isn't match fit and I said that the other day. Played about 400 minutes all season I think, doubt Mkhi will come straight back in either. Hopefully AMN is back. I'd go:

Aubameyang - Lacazette
    Özil
    Guendouzi - Xhaka - Torreira
    Kolasinac - Koscielny - Mavropanos - AMN
    Leno
    Possibly Mkhi for Xhaka and try a 4231 but other than that I'd like similar personnel. Iwobi is more of a threat off the bench at the minute, Xhaka not starting would be harsh but Torreira and Guendouzi were great today.

16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

You wish.

This isn't 2010 with a blunt but attractive, technical game.

This is 2019 and our go-to is a 52-year-old Lichtsteiner overlap.

m-due likes this.
  17. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Fookin hell this is another of those games that my cableprovider wont show live) :

18. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

If Özil isnt worthy of playing for an Emery team mkith shouldnt even be in the reserves!

19. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

They won't need to, we give them away for free.

20. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

first away clean sheet to come here surely?

Camron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.